What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

vermontman

Also put on soaking Hawaii Sativa that i get from one good,cool and non-selfish person.. cant wait to grow her cause i hear it have happy effects as strain.. is that true,is she happy euphoric sativa??

Kind regards Vermontman :tiphat:

I am happy you were able to get Hawaiian Sativa, She is definitely a clear headed energetic, very pleasant euphoric upbeat top of your head crystal clear happy vibe. And she is in my top 5 favorites strains. I hope you get a great grow from them.

vermontman

This kind of strains i search for... can i ask what are the other 4 from 5 that is your
favorite??
Hey Dog Star

My favorite is my Oaxacan I carried for over 42 years then Mulanje Gold, the Nepali Sativa and Big Sur Holy weed. And hopefully the Zacatecas in my current grow. How about yourself?

Dog Star

Veteran
Am liked Destroyer,haved those spindly pheno.. founded very happy plant in
Amnesia Core x Sour Bubble hybrid,Headbangers phenos that leans to sativa side have
happy stone,Choco Chiba is not bad smoke but there is a need to found special pheno..

in 90ies i smoked some weed that was have out of space stone but never found
what strain it was.. am made some research and maybe it is famous Kalamata
cause i am not so far away from Greece.. cant wait that people give those strain
out for sellin as i wish to try this one and to compare..

laughing as crazy for few hours,that is how i remember her..

Am hurd for Oaxacan was great weed,those your keeping a strain for 42 years
is a proof that she is a worthy one..

Thanx for answer Vermontman

OldCoolSativa

I just harvested the last of my Punto Rojo x Mangobiche grow. I popped 8 seeds, culled one crippi/skunky/indica-contaminated plant in veg, and got 2 males and 5 females. Only one plant showed complete sexual stability, 1 of the 2 males. The longest-flowering female was sexually stable until week 18 of flower when she threw the occasional banana on a lower bud.

Here's the longest flowering female that I cut at 20 weeks. She was a beast. Hard to believe she was one of 7 sativas crammed into a 4x4 tent, and not even the largest! Smells at harvest are somewhat subtle and mostly woody and earthy, with a peppery astringent note.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's the apical bud of a runt that was light deprived and never developed a proper root system. She was sexually stable until week 16 when she started throwing lots of nanners.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PRM4 cola harvest ~16 weeks.jpg
    PRM4 cola harvest ~16 weeks.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 19
  • PRM6 cola2 harvest 20 weeks.jpg
    PRM6 cola2 harvest 20 weeks.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 18
  • PRM6 harvest 20 weeks.jpg
    PRM6 harvest 20 weeks.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 21

Lolo94

Hey Dog Star

My favorite is my Oaxacan I carried for over 42 years then Mulanje Gold, the Nepali Sativa and Big Sur Holy weed. And hopefully the Zacatecas in my current grow. How about yourself?

Kudos to you for holding a strain for 42 years. Did you ever grow the strain in a tropical environment? Even if not, what changes have you noticed over the years reproducing the strain from when it was first acquired? Is the quality still the same?

I have a sativa strain I've held 26 years that i only grew pure and reproduced in the tropics. Unfortunately that environment is no longer available and the seeds will soon need to be reproduced. Did cross it to several locally available clones 7 years ago that were 75% plus sativa, but never reproduced the pure plant due to space limitations. The clear winner with retaining most of the original strains energetic qualities, and even bud structure and looks was a cross with red Congolese.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Anyone heard from rcCola?? Been offline since xmas ... if anyone has the ability to hit him by phone or email see if he is good.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Oldtimer haze x meao thai f2, harvest ten days ago, ready fo cure... I had make a test, aroma of curch incensey, but its too early....
picture.php

picture.php

vermontman

Kudos to you for holding a strain for 42 years. Did you ever grow the strain in a tropical environment? Even if not, what changes have you noticed over the years reproducing the strain from when it was first acquired? Is the quality still the same?

I have a sativa strain I've held 26 years that i only grew pure and reproduced in the tropics. Unfortunately that environment is no longer available and the seeds will soon need to be reproduced. Did cross it to several locally available clones 7 years ago that were 75% plus sativa, but never reproduced the pure plant due to space limitations. The clear winner with retaining most of the original strains energetic qualities, and even bud structure and looks was a cross with red Congolese.

Thanks man!
I consider her my baby. I almost lost her years ago when I got caught up on the polyhybrid stuff that was available so I did not grow her for 5 years when I went to germ seed they would not pop. So I planted my whole stash of Oax seed to get her going again. I wont make that mistake again.
I have grown her in a winter subtropical environment but she has been so acclimated to long hour days of the north she does not stack as well, the buds tend to grow a little larfy

If you still have pure seeds of her you should try to keep her in pure form things you can do to manage her size are keep the light tight as you can on her, heavy red and blue LED like Galaxyhydro help also.
Put her from seed right under 11 hour light cycle, and keep her pot bound. as she grows water sparingly these are great tools for height control also pure sativa clones as soon as they root under 11 hours light.

W

Water-

are the oaxacan 79 seeds 42 years old?

just wondering because that would be 1976/77

How do you keep a seed line pure for that long without inbreeding or outcrossing?

Last edited:

Lolo94

Thanks man!
I consider her my baby. I almost lost her years ago when I got caught up on the polyhybrid stuff that was available so I did not grow her for 5 years when I went to germ seed they would not pop. So I planted my whole stash of Oax seed to get her going again. I wont make that mistake again.
I have grown her in a winter subtropical environment but she has been so acclimated to long hour days of the north she does not stack as well, the buds tend to grow a little larfy

If you still have pure seeds of her you should try to keep her in pure form things you can do to manage her size are keep the light tight as you can on her, heavy red and blue LED like Galaxyhydro help also.
Put her from seed right under 11 hour light cycle, and keep her pot bound. as she grows water sparingly these are great tools for height control also pure sativa clones as soon as they root under 11 hours light.

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.
I still have her in pure form. Seeds have been reproduced twice (every 10 years or so). They have been kept in a refrigerated and light proof glass container with rice inside. Had good germination rates previously, so hoping that doesnt change. Also have a friend who i gave seeds to years ago that still has some.

What makes this strain a little tricky is that its time dependent as well as light cycle dependent. Ive never seen them flower before 7.5 weeks when grown in short season in Hawaii through the winter. Wasn't an issue then, but with a small indoor setup, it likely will be. I had always chosen the later flowering male and females to reproduce. Hopefully that strategy doesnt bite in the a$$ for this go around.

vermontman

are the oaxacan 79 seeds 42 years old?

just wondering because that would be 1976/77

How do you keep a seed line pure for that long without inbreeding or outcrossing?

Yep that is when I graduated from High School, actually got them in 78 and planted them out in 79
Of coarse back then I did not take pictures or keep notes as I started since 2010. But I do remember back in 1983 we had an unusually long hot summer and late Fall and the buds were reddish brown. I keep three lines Of my Oax one of earlier years intact in buds vacuum seal wrapped and my later lines in sealed cold store, I do not keep all mine in freeze. in case of long term power outage, and not sure what freeze thaw freeze, would do?
I out bred one line in 90s to a very close comparable Sativa and backcrossed several times to instill vigor and I alternately run sections. Each line grown at same time look like clones of each other. The only difference is while switching to LED lights A slight purple expression showed up which I have been selectively breeding for that trait, and now run a very uniform purple line.
When I got the Oaxacan There was a pic of the buds exactly like picture on right in by Cherniak in High Times Mag. Though the Acapulco gold pic I posted by accident looked nothing like the gold I used to get, which was vibrant yellow.

Attachments

• thWM326WZ1.jpg
    thWM326WZ1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20170305 034951
    20170305 034951
    54 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
W

Water-

Yep that is when I graduated from High School, actually got them in 78 and planted them out in 79
Of coarse back then I did not take pictures or keep notes as I started since 2010. But I do remember back in 1983 we had an unusually long hot summer and late Fall and the buds were reddish brown. I keep three lines Of my Oax one of earlier years intact in buds vacuum seal wrapped and my later lines in sealed cold store, I do not keep all mine in freeze. in case of long term power outage, and not sure what freeze thaw freeze, would do?
I out bred one line in 90s to a very close comparable Sativa and backcrossed several times to instill vigor and I alternately run sections. Each line grown at same time look like clones of each other. The only difference is while switching to LED lights A slight purple expression showed up which I have been selectively breeding for that trait, and now run a very uniform purple line.
When I got the Oaxacan There was a pic of the buds exactly like picture on right in by Cherniak in High Times Mag. Though the Acapulco gold pic I posted by accident looked nothing like the gold I used to get, which was vibrant yellow.

thanks for the info Vermontman.

keep up the good work!

it is appreciated