What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mitch's Auto Adventure......

meltybubble

Love it mitch, beautiful work!
Love the seed collector,looks interesting indeed.
Pulling up a chair.
keep up the good work.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You´re a man with a plan, i like that!
Have a peak in here
http://www.richsoil.com/hugelkultur/

Very interesting paulo, Thanks for the link mate.
We have an organic vegetable garden at the top of the property, and the rows are mounds very similar but not quite as tall as those in the article, Perhaps if we dug down deep enough we may find evidence of some logs rotting away down there.

Food for thought anyway! Cheers

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A well engineered set up. And love your new seed company name...from The Simpsons or ancient ties?? Keep on, keeping on!!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys, the name may be related to other things, but here is my reason for this choice.
My handle here and on other forums has been Mitch Connor for some years now. He's a character from South Park, Also from South Park there's another character by the name of Dr. Alphonse Mephisto, He lives a top of a creepy mountain, where he has a lab and carries out genetic engineering, for example to create a 4-assed monkey.
Whatever the case, it's a similar scenario to where we live as well :)
picture.php

We live in the mountains, have our own creepy gate and conduct our own (no asses involved) projects.
picture.php

Hope that helps, cheers mitch

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh yeah, my dyslexic-ness is glowing again! Confused Dr. Mephisto with Professor Frink. Anyway, all good with adaptations, adventures, new beginnings and continual successes in España. ¡Salud!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh yeah, my dyslexic-ness is glowing again! Confused Dr. Mephisto with Professor Frink. Anyway, all good with adaptations, adventures, new beginnings and continual successes in España. ¡Salud!

No problema amigo!
Thanks for the support.

We seem to continually transition from one mentally busy period to the next! But it's all fun.
Cheers, Mitch

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Our outdoor photoperiod plants were bulking up quite nicely,
These photos were from the 3rd week in September, I believe we chopped around the 10th October.
picture.php

picture.php

Here are some buds from a seeded AF that were ripe around the same time,
I snipped them at the greenhouses, gave a rough trim and then on to drying!
picture.php

An a peer inside the bag
picture.php

cheers, mitch

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Due to some severe weather in September, some of the later started auto's were brought inside to finish.
Here's an example pre harvest:
picture.php

picture.php

Saw this little guy/gal outside content on our table:
picture.php

Here's one of many 'hand-hash' balls, collected after a day of de-seeding:
picture.php

The progress of seeds made on our one year anniversary in October:
picture.php

Cheers, Mitch

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
That´s a precious Birthday shot!
Well done guys, i´m even a little proud for both of you.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
One of my favorite threads on IC. Are you planning on releasing any fem autos? Let us know when beans are up for sale please. I would love to grab a few packs. Keep progressing the autos and have a great day!.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my favorite threads on IC. Are you planning on releasing any fem autos? Let us know when beans are up for sale please. I would love to grab a few packs. Keep progressing the autos and have a great day!.

Hi bud, thanks :)

Well, we are nearly up to speed with the general adventure, builds, and some of the growing lark that has taken place here in the year.

We have also been hard at work progressing some brand new AF strains, which I will unveil soon.

As with everything, it takes time, many strains have been 2+ years in the making from conception to this point, but if things go smoothly we should have a catalogue of strains to release in spring 2014

Thanks for watching, Mitch

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
May 2014 be a Mephisto year!

May 2014 be a Mephisto year!

thanks paulo, It means a lot!

I can't give you anymore rep, it won't allow me, but cheers!

Mitch and Tim @mephisto genetics

I´ll be rolling&smoking a fattie already celebrating the success of Mephisto Genetics:woohoo:

Hi bud, thanks :)

Well, we are nearly up to speed with the general adventure, builds, and some of the growing lark that has taken place here in the year.

We have also been hard at work progressing some brand new AF strains, which I will unveil soon.

As with everything, it takes time, many strains have been 2+ years in the making from conception to this point, but if things go smoothly we should have a catalogue of strains to release in spring 2014

Thanks for watching, Mitch

It´s very good to see you guys taking the necessary time to do things the proper way!:thank you:

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I´ll be rolling&smoking a fattie already celebrating the success of Mephisto Genetics:woohoo:

It´s very good to see you guys taking the necessary time to do things the proper way!:thank you:

Let's see if we can't get some mephisto genetics into portugal paulo, and you never know, it could be your doobie of choice.

We aren't in a rush to get anything out, (not that we aren't constantly working on projects) but I mean to say that I don't want to rush to get things out unless I'm 110% happy first.

We ran some AF projects @f2 indoor in summer, and I didn't find the perfect plants I was looking for, so now we are about to re-run an even higher number in the hope I will find those A* specimens.

Breeding is certainly a numbers game, with a little luck too.

Many Autos on the market are straight auto x auto crosses, which can still be great with good selection, many 'new' autos use a bx to another auto to get the auto trait stabilised quicker.

Eg: (Auto x non auto) x Auto
But we are doing it the longer way F1 through to F4, probably F5 before anything is let out of the door.

We then plan to inbreed for a few more generations and then backcross to the photoperiod parent and begin working it back to AF from scratch.

At that point the autoflowering parent genes will be significantly reduced , apart from keeping the Auto trait locked in.

Cheers, Mitch

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the past couple of months we have had some great guests to come and stay, chat, smoke, talk ideas through etc!
Recently we had Karma, and this fellow later.
picture.php

we did some testing, water, soil, etc. Had a play with some gadgets.
picture.php

Because 90% of our work this past year was making seeds, we have a lot of bi-product material to play with, this barrel is around 80 litres and super compressed!
picture.php

we rented a bubbleator xl, and some 90 litre bubble bags, using a 200 litre barrel we got to work.
picture.php

Results in next post :)

Kman1965

Hello Mitch, This is an awesome thread. I'm so envious. Your living the dream, congrats on your new enterprise. I can't wait to grow out a few of your new strains! It takes alot of balls and heart to chase your dreams. Its been inspirational following your journey. Comtinued success bro:

Peace,
K