What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should Machine Rooted Clones be Dipped?

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Since there was little difference between the EZ Cloner and the Power Cloner in the first experiment; if you have enough cuts, you might consider repeating the run in the EZ Cloner as before while running another in the Power Cloner with the stems rinsed after application of the rooting hormones. Easy for me to say though when you're doing all the work.

S

SooperSmurph

We have resumed our side by side, and have installed a power backup to prevent any further restarts due to strange summer weather.

Day 1 images.

15 examples dipped in gel, and 15 in liquid concentrate.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used some rooting hormone called Dyna-Gro K-l-n Rooting Concentrate it makes a diferance ..

I have been getting roots all along the entire stem much thicker roots. No more hair roots.. I add a small amount to the cloning water.

picture.php

the gnome

Veteran
I used some rooting hormone called Dyna-Gro K-l-n Rooting Concentrate it makes a diferance ..

I have been getting roots all along the entire stem much thicker roots. No more hair roots.. I add a small amount to the cloning water.

View Image

really nice roots HH,
i get roots like that but not on a consistent basis by far.
how much do you add to your water?
I'll splurge for some of that rooting juice tho if thats what comes out everytime :)
I don't use a machine, perlite/verm 60:40

Last edited:
S

SooperSmurph

Day 4.

Over the next few days we'll start watching carefully for root nubs, based on the performance of the survivors from the cancelled run.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
less is more in my book:) I dont measure much anymore. I know what 1 ml is apox. I know what 5 ml is apox...

S

SooperSmurph

Day 7, we have roots! This is about 24 hours before the first roots to emerge in the control group, which came in around day 8.

And some close ups of the first roots, Clonex examples on the left, Dip-N-Grow on the right.

We'll see how fast this new root mass develops! :watchplant:

S

SooperSmurph

Day 8, others aside from the first spotted yesterday are now showing roots and nubs.

Then below we have some shots of the best examples from each group, Clonex on the left, Dip-N-Grow on the right.

At this time it looks like the Clonex dipped examples are just slightly ahead of both the control dataset and the Dip-N-Grow examples.

We'll see if this actually translates into hitting the root mass goal ahead of time :watchplant:

A

Alone

It really should Sooper.
Clonex combined with Olivias clone solution and an EZ-Cloner makes for the fastest, healthiest roots you could ever ask for.
My round of cuts rooted insanely quick, with absolutely the thickest bunch of roots this round.
Im not sure if you use Olivias but I love it. All 60 cuts were rooted and t/p'ed in 10 days with no stall or yellowing of the leaves. The Olivias gives the cuts just the right amount of trace nutrients that they need to feed while rooting.
Great Job Sooper!

Last edited:
S

SooperSmurph

Day 9.

The Clonex examples have the most advanced individuals, but the Dip-N-Grow examples have a more even distribution of the initial root mass.

A

Alone

You dont have any air stones creating oxygen bubbles in your cloner?
Thats real important.

Rolldaddy

Soopersmurf,

I also was going to ask why you would shut the pump off also. I understand that you want to keep the water temperature down but what I do is keep the temp of the room colder my clone machine is in. I watch my water temp and it stays between 70-73.

Maybe next experiment is to see if keeping pump on constant or 1 on 3 off works better? If I had to guess I would think constant would work better of temps can be kept in check. JMO

Latest posts

Latest posts