What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

favorite japanese food

klint

Veteran
I was working in chines restaurant about one year :) Since This time just love Asian food :D because its such like the same! :)

Btw. Its really easy to make sushi by your self :) for example: rice + tuna and that green leaf around it but I forget the name of. And of course WASABI :)

Peace ! :joint:

Attachments

• 07012008081.jpg
    07012008081.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 07012008085.jpg
    07012008085.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 41
  • 07012008086.jpg
    07012008086.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 37

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Rice + tuna does not = sushi.
Sushi is vinegar flavored rice, what you put on top of it is up to you.

Sashimi = thinly sliced raw fish but sometimes the word can be used with other meats like horse sashimi and so on.

Sundance

On my way to Japan in a bit

So happy for this

Looking forward to everything .. especially onsen .. shopping .. eating my way thru .. and going back to my old hometown .. and knocking on the door of my Mama-san (host family) to say a very warm konichi-wa

I will certainly stop at some of my old favorite restaurants and try many new ones

Love Japan very, very much

Sakana - ira nai ... I love the awesome cooked foods

Sundance

No ... its not my thing .. but .. as I get older .. I am learning .. and I pick at it a bit

I really like lobster, shrimp and crab ... its just fish that I need to learn to eat

Grilled Hokke ? ... If I see it I will give it a try .. cant be horrible

Love Japanese curry ... we have some great restaurants in the USA for this

Coming from a scuba dive holiday in the Philippines ... and will make a stopover in Tokyo for a week on my way home

I love Japan !!!!!

Japanfreakier

Veteran
lol, some people over at pg got a kick out of our Christmas Chickens that we have here. This year I made Caesar Salad and Clam Chowder but my wife still got some chicken on the way home....snuck it into the home.

Belated Merry Christmas to you all.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
went to Tonki in Meguro today....was awesome. not as good as this spot in roppongi hills on the bottom floor. the tonkatsu is pink in the center...best i ever had.

but when on a budget MOS burger never lets me down...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
MOS teriyaki burger...only 300 yen each, i used to get 3 at a time.....i was craving one today, i might be back in japan in december, not sure yet..

MIway

Veteran
i don't know why... but read the thread & natto gohan w mixed in egg yolk & shoyu just popped into my head... lol

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Love nattou, but then again I love the soybean in all its forms; soy milk, tofu, edamame. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts