What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

favorite japanese food

txuck

Whatever i try in japan was really good.... i think if u try one of your nice food that u like it, made it by a japannese he can made it better than u tried it before.....

For me sushi is incredible, dont like too much fish, but never try a tuna like that, the fat tuna that i try near the fish market is one of the better foods that ive ever try.... :rasta:
Kobe beef is so nice tooo... after the basque country, is the best place for food lovers , in my opinion,,,...
agur

Last edited:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I don't know why, but even Japanese fast food tastes better here. I went to a Yoshigyu in the states and it tasted like shit, I could only take a few bites. Doesn't make any sense to me since they used American beef till they were forced to start using Oz beef.

Ive never eaten Japanese food overseas that is as good as normal here. It could have improved, it's been like 5 years.

highclasscandy

Japanfreakier said:
I don't know why, but even Japanese fast food tastes better here. I went to a Yoshigyu in the states and it tasted like shit, I could only take a few bites. Doesn't make any sense to me since they used American beef till they were forced to start using Oz beef.

Ive never eaten Japanese food overseas that is as good as normal here. It could have improved, it's been like 5 years.

i agree with that
i never go to japanese restaurants outside of japan anymore, its way overpriced and tastes like shit
...even the sushi from a combini taste better like the crap they serve in the sushi bars here

N

Number Six

Techiri, Yubiki, Tessa, Kara-age, Shirako, Hireshu... Fugu is refined.

txuck

Food is amazing... good quality of products... nice country too, want to come back as soon as possible.. maybe during winter for snowboarding... looks a nice area for ride....:dueling:

Going to dusseldorf next week,, i heard that the best japannese restaurants in europe are at dusseldorf... my hotel there is japannese too...:abduct:

anybody knows a nice sushi restaurants at dusseldorf... thanks:woohoo:

agur

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Now that it's fall we've started eating different nabes (pot soup dishes?). Two of my favorites are tofu nabe and kimochii nabe. For the tofu nabe we use a lot of citrus-pepper.

SATIVASTEVE

the best japanese food is in japan..

the best japanese food is in japan..

there is a little restaurent in Nagoya, i think its on higashi-ku.

the eel is serverd on a stick..
its amazing...

jessrabit

My favorite is anything made by my BFF or her mother but if I have to go out for Japanese it would go like this; Hamachi Kama to start, some Hawaiian style Poke, sashimi style Hotate, Hamachi, Sake, Maguro-any makimono with unagi- maybe a sukiyaki or Udon soup. It's all good but not to be served without a hot sake and a tall Saporo for a sake bomb or two.
Haven't been to Japan yet.
But I plan to do it sooner rather than later.:abduct:

txuck

Ive just came from dusseldorf.. nikko hotel has a nice restaurant but expensive too.... near this area (jappanesse work area) u can find some nice japansese restaurants.... nice toro and tempuras.....:dueling:

Need to learn how to cook sushi...
saionara
agur:woohoo: