What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

favorite japanese food

grundig

Whats everyones favorite japanese food ? Mine is chicken karrage. Yum yum.I used to live in yokohama now in the states. Does japan still have shakeys pizza?

Guest423

Veteran
i think i'm talkin chinese food but mine is, sweet n sour chicken, burbon chicken, and sesame chicken....can't forget the wontons!!

agent 420

I've been to Yokohama. Nice little town.

My favorite Japanese cuisine would probably be tongkatsu(don't know if spelling is right), some kind of chicken fried stake.

wanna here somethin funny, or maybe sad, i dunno, anyway.....
The big mac I had at this one McDonalds in Kyoto, best BM i've ever had in my life. the food in general was better at their micky d's than in the states

G

wow

wow

wow thats funny.when ever i travel its a must to go to mcdonalds in a nother country. my favorite japanese food got to be the kadsu? : as well .. btw time2unite it says japanese food not chinese :pointlaug

Last edited:

Sundance

Hi

I lived in Japan for one year and went to university.... Love Japan.... and eating in all the restuarants is a true pleasure....

Katsu = pork ....
Tonkatsu is pork cutlet.... usually with sauce and rice.... everyone makes it different... and I love tonkatsu.... had a place that made the best cutlet and best sauce.... ummmm ummmm ummmmm.... Katsudon is pork cutlet over rice... also delicious... also love Ramem and Gyoza... and my favorite is Japanese style curry....usually served with pork or chicken cutlet or fried shrimp... super excellent

In fact have a favorite Japanese Restuarant in my city for cooked foods and going tonight.... Katsu curry and gyoza....

Japan has many Chinese restuarants.... and Chinese influenced too .... everyone loves Chinese food.... in fact Gyoza is a dumpling.... just Japanese version....

Additionally there is a Chinatown with many excellent restuarants in Yokohama....

Ja neh

Sundance

reefermadness

chicken yakisoba, chicken teriyaki, taco-rice/with cheese, and orion beer. from restaurants all around tokyo, osaka, and naha. the sushi was the best. i never ate fish until i went to japan now i do sashimi happy hour once a week.

G

Kaiseki riori (traditional food in small servings), miso soup, sushi, okaiyu ...........

hort

G

reefermadness said:
chicken yakisoba, chicken teriyaki, taco-rice/with cheese, and orion beer. from restaurants all around tokyo, osaka, and naha. the sushi was the best. i never ate fish until i went to japan now i do sashimi happy hour once a week.

^^^spoken from the mouth of a "unicorn ridin" "dick suki" fag.....u go boy!

C

Chamba

I like the curry pork (Kongatsu) as well ..I love those little pieces of pickled radish they add to the bentos too....and the Japanese style pan fried dumplings are delicous (what's their name?).....

and Kobe beef cooked any style (tepanyaki, shabu-shabu etc) ..melt in your mouth!

washed down with a plenty of Asahi dry..now, that's a good beer! gan-bei!

Last edited:
G

I went to Sukiyabashi Jirou, legendary Sushi master, one time.
He got 3 stars in michelin's.
Smoke a big joint on the back street of Ginza is pretty dangerous, BUT
it's worth.... It was the best food I eat in my life.
You guys better go to Jirou as soon as you get a chance to go, because
he is like over 80 right now.....

Japanfreakier

Veteran
That's the place that just has the big slab of wood for the counter right? No display case or anything? If it's the place I'm thinking of 'one street behind the main street) I used to go there all the time with guys from work. Too bad I hate sushi.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Now the government is telling people that the mercury in fish is making the sashimi dangerous for pregnant women.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Japanfreakier said:
Now the government is telling people that the mercury in fish is making the sashimi dangerous for pregnant women.

Duh........ :bashhead:
Stop eatin Whale too............ :cuss: :bashhead: :spank: :bashhead:

Look Japan a real Bud.............

Last edited:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Yup that's a real bud alright. Believe it or not Japan has plenty of real buds as well. The growing scene is still young here but the quality has been getting better over the last few years. We don't have all the merchandise and nutrients people in the states or Europe have but we make do with what we have and the genetics are the same. These are some of the plants I've grown and I can tell you that people come back from vacations to Amsterdam and the States and tell me that the stuff I grow is better.

As far as eating whale is concerned I don't eat it myself but I don't care if they want to. I don't understand the logic that it's ok to eat a dumb animal like a cow but not a whale. Seems like pretty stupid logic to me.

tuco

Hmmm I say Okonomiyaki...I did try beef sashimi served with raw egg a few times which was interesting. Japanese food is the shit, no doubt.

I doubt that if the species they eat were proved to be out of danger that many people would change their mind though. If tuna is the chicken of the sea then Whale must be the cow of the sea. Considering that it was the west that nearly hunted whales to extinction I find it extremely hypocritical for them to put up a fuss. It's also rich that the west assumes that Japan would hunt them to extinction, wouldn't make much sense if they want to continue eating it.

If you don't like whale don't eat it, pretty simple.

??? I thought Japanese whalers were only catching whale for the purposes of research???

Makes me laugh...If Japanese don't see any problem with eating whale then why hide behind the argument of "scientific research".

And also. Why don't Japanese stay in their own territorial waters and catch whale??? Could it be because there are none left???

Want to eat whale??? fine...just don't come down into Australian protected Antarctic waters and mess with the livelihoods of Australian whale watchers. You fucked up your part of the world, don't come down here and fuck up our part of the world.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
I doubt that if the species they eat were proved to be out of danger that many people would change their mind though. If tuna is the chicken of the sea then Whale must be the cow of the sea. Considering that it was the west that nearly hunted whales to extinction I find it extremely hypocritical for them to put up a fuss. It's also rich that the west assumes that Japan would hunt them to extinction, wouldn't make much sense if they want to continue eating it.

If you don't like whale don't eat it, pretty simple.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
tuco said:
??? I thought Japanese whalers were only catching whale for the purposes of research???

Want to eat whale??? fine...just don't come down into Australian protected Antarctic waters and mess with the livelihoods of Australian whale watchers. You fucked up your part of the world, don't come down here and fuck up our part of the world.

Obviously it's a loophole that they are using. As far as fucking up their part of the world as I said before, it's the west that has hunted the whales to the brink of extinction, not the Japanese and then they have the balls to say countries with those tradition can't hunt. I don't think anybody wants any animal hunted to extinction but the west fudges the numbers and Japan fudges the laws. Honestly I don't think any whales are threatened to be erased from the planet by their "research" (soy sauce or ketchup). I also don't think that's the main reason westerners are against it, I think it's a tourist thing and a feel good 'free willy' thing. People who want to oppose their values on the rest of the world should feel happy that whale consumption is down in Japan and it has fallen out of taste. The market place just doesn't need that much.

I would love to see a bunch of Hindus attack Australian ranchers to protect the cows. I don't eat whale because like you people, I think it's a crime to destroy such beautiful animals for meat nobody seems to want to eat, but who the hell are we to tell people what to do or eat? Prohibition sucks in all forms.