What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sexing plant by pre-flowers

grow123

12952847_1172540222786534_129163529_o.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Xanode

I have a question, lets say i have a male in my VEG tent with female moms. Will the males preflowers eventually release pollen? And if so, as long as the pollen is prevented from entering the flower tent, does it hurt anything to let these preflowers pollinate the female moms preflowers? without any ill effect?

Could this be an easy way to get a few seeds here and there, without full blown breeding?

Guitarofozz

Question: I used this and various other image guides on sexing a plant and am pretty sure I got mine all sexed right so I went ahead and decided to start ScrOG while they continue to veg. If one does end up showing Mae, theoretically I could just cut the main stem and leave the tables mess to dry out without any problems right?

Boleman

Freezerboy: still giving sound advice

Freezerboy: still giving sound advice

Freezerboy, checkout the new boleman cab.

Seems this question can't be asked enough. 3 separate threads on the page as I type. So.....

Check the internodes for pre-flowers. Females (at left, circled in red) show two hairs or, pardon the vulgarity, two spread legs. Males (at right) are hairless and cluster like grapes.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/35769IC_1-27-8_PreFlowers.jpg]View Image[/url]

Now, you know :tiphat:

riverzeus

Thanks Illuminate
I grow in a greenhouse the strains i grow are trusted and no hemis i just put my veg plants (That veg outside) into flowering and 2 weeks in all of the flowers are seeded the outdoor season just came out this side so my veg plants must have gotten pollen on them.from some ones plants in my community. Now i want to send the next plants into the green house for flowering i want to know do i need to remove all the pistols on those plants before i put them in flowering to avoid flowering again.? thanks

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Maybe rinse loose polen with water at most. They will be fine if your neighbor stops sending males out to play.

riverzeus

Thanks! Can you confirm if its true that if the pistols get pollen in veg that if you don't cut them off before putting them into flowering they will have a chain effect and all your flowers will get seed? This is what i was told by someone that has been growing for a while. True ore false?
thanks.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
No. Totally fake, unless there is some pollen left on the leaves or pollen enters the space they flower in somehow. The pistils will only carry the viable pollen they catch to their respective calyx. They can't transport the "pregnancy" to other parts of the plant.

riverzeus

Thanks exploziv! i have put the vegplants in after spraying them clean. now it looks like they taking a bit longer to flower iam almost at 14 days and the development looks very slow compare to normal. Is that because all the pre flowers had polen on them? and now it will delay flowering until the new flowers develop after the ones that got seed in them? I can see small tiny seeds in the pistols that are visible in day 14. Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts