What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabutter In 7 Easy Steps!

BOFH

Just wanted to say thanks for the recipe. I cooked up 2 pounds of butter using about 2.5oz of trim and popcorn nugs. Lots of people are gonna het high and its gonna be all your fault.. j/k, thanks again.

MMmMmMMMmM...

Last edited:

stevr59

can you use fresh bud with out drying them out i am fixing to make some butter and i got 4 0z of leafts that are dry and may be a 1/4 of fresh bud i just pulled its fixing to mold if i dont do some thing with it rained for a day and a half on it reson i am asking is i need to make the butter tonite wile my gf is gone dont realy have time to dry the buds but dont want to waste them if it will not work

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
kamekazie Nazi said:
Man..this shit is crazy eazy...I woke up the next day feeling high lol.
I bet. I wish I had more of this sativa I bought. It has the best trippy high. It also lasts a long time and Every time I smoke some I get higher so by the end of the day Im like high to the 15 power. These bud would make good butter!

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
stevr59 said:
can you use fresh bud with out drying them out i am fixing to make some butter and i got 4 0z of leafts that are dry and may be a 1/4 of fresh bud i just pulled its fixing to mold if i dont do some thing with it rained for a day and a half on it reson i am asking is i need to make the butter tonite wile my gf is gone dont realy have time to dry the buds but dont want to waste them if it will not work

Yes u can use fresh stuff. Dry buds makes lighter green/golden colors. Wet buds make that dark green butter. Now as far as taste I have no Idea which is better.

stevr59

sweet thanks fixing to see how it truns out fixing to mix lil over 2 oz of dryed leafs 1/2 oz fresh buds to 1 lb butter hope it come out ok

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
you'll be high in no time. Just remember to take it on empty stomach and dont smoke and then start your day. Lets us know how many I would add 1 pound and a stick to that much! just remember if it takes you .2-1 gram to get high by smoking then you need to eat 1.5-2.5 g's worth. I like to use panty hoes to strain or you can get a nice little small poor screen sifter thing I think its for filtering liquids at wally world.

G

2 ?'s not sure if thevy been covered or not.

Last time i made butter the water seamed to have keif in the bottom.
After the water and butter had seperated, the water seamed to have a layer of thc like sumthin on the bottom?

Can you cook/stew this mixture for to long?

stevr59

just made mine last nite so far its looking good but got one proublem i just put a tablespoon worth on a baked patoes and its just starting to kick and i am all ready to high what do the hell i do now lol

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
MarijuanaMesiah said:
2 ?'s not sure if thevy been covered or not.

Last time i made butter the water seamed to have keif in the bottom.
After the water and butter had seperated, the water seamed to have a layer of thc like sumthin on the bottom?

Can you cook/stew this mixture for to long?

Yes and you could have burnt it/heated it up too much and didnt have a chance to bind the thc with the fat in the butter.

resin glands are golden so if it was green bits its probably pieces of leaf the filter didnt catch. :wave:

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
stevr59 said:
just made mine last nite so far its looking good but got one proublem i just put a tablespoon worth on a baked patoes and its just starting to kick and i am all ready to high what do the hell i do now lol

Listen to music order chineese food and then watch a good movie if u last that long. :joint:

stevr59

hey its now 8: 30 pm i took it a 12 pm and i am now starting to come down its has a strange high its like being stoned off ur ass and being cold sober all at once if i close my eyes i see and hear thing if i open my eyes all is normal and it make me feel very warm a diffent high copire to making a fire cracker or smoking. and to think i got a pound of this stuff and it has that funny taset to it but some reson i lkke that tangy tase.

Last edited:
G

I made a couple batches in the last couple days. Yesterday I made some peanutbutter cookies and frosted them with a chocolate buttercream frosting. All of course made with the cannabutter. I had my first one about 15 minutes before my girlfriend. She ate hers then. I have a very high tolerance and she a very low tolerance. Well I felt a buzz coming on but she didn't so she had a hit or two out of the pipe. I went about doing some cooking while she watched a chickflick. About 20 minutes later I noticed she had her head down on the arm of the couch. I asked her how she was feeling. Well aparently she had already puked once and had made her way back to the couch where she collasped. She literally didn't move for 3 hours. I kept checking to see if she was breathing. Later she said it hit her like gangbusters. To think I wasn't sure it was going to be any good. Needless to say she may not have another cookie for awhile but that leaves more for me!!

I used a store bought peanutbutter cookie package and used the pan method with 3 tbl of butter. Then I found a Chocolate buttercream recipe that used 3/4 cup of butter and frosted it with that. Well it kicked some serious ass.

I noticed some said they cooked for 12 hours. Anyone know if that does anything more to the quality?

DoAWooA

Mint Chips

Mint Chips

I've been using a very similar method for a long time... just made a batch today, actually. Next time I am going to try the ice bath to reduce the chlorophyl that's transfered.
Years ago when I first tried this method I had no idea of the potency. I had a couple pounds of butter ready so I twisted a number and started making some chocolate chip cookies. I couldnt resist a couple spoon-fulls of cookie dough while making them. I made some nice LARGE cookies and when they were fresh outta the oven I poured a big glass of milk and pigged out... I mentioned that I burned one at the beginning of this adventure in baking, right? By now you can see where this is going... I was wrecked, crippled, twisted, totally dysfunctional... for 2 days! No shit. I missed a day of work, slept right through it. Ever since then I can't stomach that "green" flavor, it actually makes me nauseous. Even so, I am not a quitter. =) I soon after found that substituting mint chocolate chips for the regular chips completely masks that "green" flavor. Also when you take the mint chip cookies to work and one of your co-workers filtches one, they can't tell, and you get a chuckle as they act stupid for the rest of the day.

Last edited:

Mr.Cannabrex

Glad you like the recipe.
The icebath is a definite.

Now I just use kif in and mix it into my dry ingredients (flour, etc).
No need to make cannabutter, but still fun!

Harpo

You can water extract the pot before making butter to clean out impurities
or you can
Extract the cake of cannabutter with water after making cannabutter
Make cannabutter as per the various recipes.
Strain out the pot and allow the mixture to settle into layers. The water under the cannabutter is dark. This is caused by water soluable impurities in the water.
After the cake is hard, take the cake of solid cannabutter
-place into a new batch of water
-heat slowly and gently melt the cannabutter in fresh hot water.
-Stir the melted cannabutter - water mixture very vigorously a couple of times
-let settle and cool.
- Once separated and the cannabutter solidified, the water is dark again with water soulable impurities. The butter is cleaner and tastes better. No potency is lost.
- discard water and repeat a couple of times for a very pure cannabutter
:joint:

Last edited: