What's new

Coco veg to bio bucket flower..

T

TreehouseJ

My buddy has been vegging some plants out for me in 1 gallon coco pots for the past 10 weeks and I intend to finish them off in 7 gal bio buckets. This is a first for me in a number of ways, so.. pair that with my semi-literacy and inability to use the search function and once again, I find myself as confused as a fart in a fan factory..

My question is, would you guys bother vegging the plants for a couple days or even weeks to acclimate the plants to the buckets/accumulate root growth within the buckets (assuming that a plant would recover from a transplant quicker in veg, and also grows less roots in flowering), or is 10 weeks veg enough considering each plant will get its own 600w'er ... Any input it appreciated, whether you think I'm going about the transplant all wrong, what you would do different, whatever.. and I really am sorry about the incoherency of these ramblings.. Main idea: transplanting plants from ________ to 7 gallon bio buckets. How might you go about it?

T

TreehouseJ

If it wasn't clear, I was hoping to go strait from a 1 gallon coco pot to flowering in DWC the day of transplant.. But my intuition tells me that the immediate change of photo period would exacerbate the shock of transplant .. Perhaps flowing for a week in the coco could balance that out a little bit? Or is root growth going to be inhibited enough in flower to warrant a week or two vegging through the netpots and into the buckets?

Latest posts

Latest posts