What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4 plant maximum - Oregon

snake11

Medical users are not restricted by measure 91, this is for the general public without an OMMP card.

I respect you opinion, but these limits are livable for me (a recreational user). See the previous schedule I posted, I won't have any problem doing this with fluorescent lights, but if I did have problems, I would just switch to HPS.

The only real gripe I have with the issue is that the 8oz limit means incremental harvest, not grow to complete. I can make that work but it is not as convenient as grow four to complete and repeat.

We will see if medical ends up staying.

Right, no one is saying it, but in essence marijuana will become an *over-the-counter* med. No reason for OMMP cards or dispensaries. I am sure not looking for a $200 government document that says I can do something I can do regardless.

Bmac1

Veteran
I would keep 2 nice mother plants. Then I would have 1 plant vegging and one plant in a SCROG and just keep turning that over.

snake11

Right, no one is saying it, but in essence marijuana will become an *over-the-counter* med. No reason for OMMP cards or dispensaries. I am sure not looking for a $200 government document that says I can do something I can do regardless.

If it gets rolled in to rec like in Washington that would be a real shame. Try to protect your medical patients!

robbiedublu

You won't have to keep mothers. I have no doubt that clones will be easily available eventually. They're already available in medical shops and nothing in the new law prohibits them in rec shops.

CoCoSativas

Strains are up to you man. You can coax anything into being a branch monster for the most part, save a few. I have two plants in my current lineup that are pretty non branch stick phenos. One can be made to branch, the other not to save my life, and it's supposed to be a branch strain.

I grow in coco coir. It's cheap as nuts, and is versatile, you can grow with hydro food or organic depending on preference. I put it in grow bags, it's like a soft plastic container. Cheapest hydro going, and no pumps! It costs me less than 15 dollars for 5 three gal containers and 15 gals of coco. You can hand water or use drippers.

One plant vegged for a month in coco under a 400 hps could turn out a qp (4oz) so you don't really need 4 bushes to yield what you want. I'd say grow 4 moderate size plants in 2 gal containers, buy pick and mix so you can get 4 different strains. Four different flavours and effects. My tent right now is full of different strains.

If you want a few oz between a 2-3 month period you can chose something with up to a 90 day flower. Kali mist is nice, it's a old school sativa a old timer could appreciate. There's a range of phenos, 70-90 days, a few that go longer. Serious offers them I regular or fem seeds. Jack Herrer is another good choice, there's a standout one I know of, but I can't mention that breeder by name on this site it gets blocked. He's the breeder of killing fields...

I grow with hps but lots of promise with leds. They are expensive but produce little heat. Until led is cheaper I'm still going to use hps. I'm using a cool tube in my tent.

I hand water, and simply mop up the runoff off the floor of the tent with a sponge mop... Filter the runoff through cloth to get the big shit and flush it down my toilet because it's the closest drain. Super eazy.

You can scrog but I don't, I like to see my plants growing more naturally. I like staring at plants, I think they are pretty. I top them and let if needed but otherwise veg bushes then flower them.

I formerly only grew from seed. I like variety. Now I know how to clone my ex taught me, so I can keep keepers. I still pop lots of seed. You can buy seed and start new ones if you are hooked on variety like me, do clones from plants you grow from seed, buy clones if you have friends, I sell my friends clones sometimes if they need. You can also pick a strain or two, and make your own seeds. You could buy something you like, breed it to itself, and continue down the generations and make a I'll of it, or you can make crosses.

I love making seeds. It's as exciting for me as growing bud. Seeing how they look (the seeds) the progeny, growing them out. Smoking them, making selections...

You could also try 4 different methods with the same cuts see what you dig, experiment... Dirt, coco, and 2 kinds of hydro, dwc, drip, ebb n flow.

So many thing you could do. Potential is endless. Take your first crop to play around maybe... There's no rush.

If you have money and want to do this seriously buy good stuff. If you plan to get your moneys worth at the very least. If you only want to try it out again and might not stick with it, get cheap gear. I have a tent outfitted pretty much as much as possible but I'm a serious grower and I only really care about 3 things in my life. My wife, building stuff and growing dope. Their priority shift depending on my mood and what I'm up to that day... Most times though growing dope is tied for first with one of the others.

If you want some sick cuts you could drive over to Washington and pick up some clones. Im sure it's probably illegal to drive them back to your state, over state lines yada ya, do it quietly. I couldn't help myself but it wouldn't be that risky in my mind. Drive like a human and you won't get pulled over, check the car make sure lights work.
It's up to you though if you are someone who is worried about breaking the law, maybe don't drive for clones. It's up to you, I've bought clones about 700 miles by greyhound a year ago... It was priceless I got on in Vancouver which is a tough station they search bags and blah blah, I'm a regular between van and my city, so I know the procedure it was sad how eazy it was. I brought 10 clones on and got them home safely 18 hours later. I'd love to do it again even if just for fun... But I get kicks out of doing silly risky stuff. Not a good idea if you are scared of a little pig action.

I'm sure there's lots of good cuts in your state, I just know Washington has tons of great dope, clones are eazy to get, then you can tell a funny story or keep it as a good memory. I'll live the rest of my life proud my clones made it home. What's crazy is the clone came from my ex, who got it from a dude in the kootneys she hooked up with, in Creston . She drove her clone back to Vancouver Island. A year later, I took a clone from Vancouver Island, on the ferry, bussed to van, then took greyhound home. It was a good distraction from the breakup. I brought a clone back the trip back after we broke up. Long distance relationships are tough.

Have fun with growing. Sorry I write forever, I get blasted on sativa all day and night and it makes me talk, write or blab anyway I can.

W

wegobigupnorth

Here in Canada they got rid of the old medical marijuana program that allowed growing and their is recreation laws of course but 5 plants is "tolerated" (not allowed, they will not let you do it but if you have less then 6 plants you will not be in any trouble)

Because of the bullshit laws here, my dream is to have like 10 strains grafted onto one mother plant. I have seen even more then 10 strains grafted on one plant. You can even flower a grafted plant to have multiple strains growing with one root stock...

I think cannabis is very hard to graft but some videos on youtube say it is fairly easy. Never tried myself.

Kaskadian

Veteran

I really hope they don't mess with medical at all. Washington is/was talking about reducing the plant count from 15 to 6. Recreational is fine and dandy, but I don't want to be told that I can't grow my own and be stuck paying $300/oz for recreational bud.

Here in Oregon I'm actually able to keep moms on hand without fear of going over my plant count and/or having to toss nice genetics out the door in order to stay legal. I'm not a breeder, so I'd rather be able to keep moms on hand for the strains I like than have to go pop beans each time I want to fill my flower room.

Kas

CoCoSativas

Here in Canada they got rid of the old medical marijuana program that allowed growing and their is recreation laws of course but 5 plants is "tolerated" (not allowed, they will not let you do it but if you have less then 6 plants you will not be in any trouble)

Because of the bullshit laws here, my dream is to have like 10 strains grafted onto one mother plant. I have seen even more then 10 strains grafted on one plant. You can even flower a grafted plant to have multiple strains growing with one root stock...

I think cannabis is very hard to graft but some videos on youtube say it is fairly easy. Never tried myself.

Neat idea.

Yeah another idea for the op with a low plant count... Outdoor.. Thos mofos produce some serious weight per plant. Then just hide the bud tjhats over the limit, make like a hide hole under the shed. Like pigs would look for that shit in a legal or tollerated space.

Or some huge long vegged aeroponic plants. I think that would be hysterical to see...

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Check out the PPK for sure! No better way in my opinion to grow huge monster trees with amazing simplicity and redundancy.

5000w - 4 plants in diamond pattern. Plant weights in the area of 2.5+ lb PER

Although you'd certainly have to get creative to obey that dry 8oz rule.

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
run everything through a tumbler,just keep the trichomes 80 ounces becomes 8 tada

EastFortRock

I think the rules for recreational grow are designed to make it difficult for a home grower so that they end up buying some at the store and it protects the dispensaries from extra competition. With a 4 plant limit , I'm just going to buy clones and forget seeds. I haven't grown in years , even just 4 plants is going to be fun.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
forget that joke of a law ..really 4 plants and only 8 ounces dry?...blah...led is still a bit expensive on startup...yeehaw

Jhhnn

Veteran
The 8 oz home possession limit will be widely ignored & impossible to enforce. It's dumber than a hat full of assholes. If you're not dealing, the authorities have no way to figure it out, no way to gain entry to verify unless something else brings them to your place. Even then, the smell of legal marijuana in no way justifies a search. It's like having liquor on your breath- it only matters if you're driving.

I hope that future legalization in other states follows more along the lines of CO- 6/3 plant limitations per person & unlimited at home possession for growers. Done decently well, it's an ample supply for all but the heaviest tokers & there's no gotcha bullshit.

Batch growing obviously won't work to stay within Oregon's possession limits. The only real answer is continuous harvest methods from clones or fem seeds.

ColdSmoke

Question I haven't found the answer to yet. I am currently germinating seeds. When does a seed become a plant? Is the four plant rule 4 flowering plants? female plants? Seems like if a person germinated only 4 seeds that the odds of having 4 productive plants would be very unlikely due to sex, disease....etc. Anyone know the answer to "4 plants" defined?

Runamuk1

Like it has been said so many times "Location Location Location" there just isn't the man power to police every piece of property in Oregon to check on compliance of 4 plants and 8 oz.

Even the straight people where I live in Oregon operate on the pretense Screw the Gov. It is easier to say "I didn't know and sorry" then to go to the gov and ask permission to do something.

So with that in mind, just don't piss your neighbor off and don't screw up in other areas of your life and then just do what you feel want. That keeps the cops out of your locked gate because they can not pass a no trespassing sign without warrant in hand.

Anyway, I'm sure they are going to find a way to tax, license and eventually take the 4 plants away anyway. Just how they roll.

Keep them Green
Muk