What's new

Please help me plan my closet sog!

Drumfounded

Hey everyone! I'm drumfounded and I'm new to ICmag. I've been growing for a little over two years and recently had to do something new. My room is now being converted to a spare bedroom for my mother who is sick, so I will be confining the grow to a closet off of my studio. I joined ICMAG because there seems to be a lot more knowledge on SOG, especially closet and micro. (I'm coming from RIU). So here's the deal...
My current room is 10x10'. I was running ebb and flow 3 gal buckets. 4 - 1kw. 2 separate scrog nets approx 4x8' with two lights each. It was fun while it lasted.
Now! I'm trying to figure out how to best utilize a 3'x4' closet. It is 8' tall and I am planning to separate it in the middle giving g ne 2 spaces at 3'x4'x4'. I have lot of questions as I am very ignorant to this type of setup so please bear with me. I thank you all in advance for any help!

I am going to build a small tent for mothers and clones. Currently, I have some chocolope seeds, but I gotta get some more. I'm only providing for 4-6 people so I would like to harvest and average of 2-4 ounces a week. Think this is possible? Because I have never flowered a clone from root, I have no idea what to expect on yield so idk how many plants I'm going to want to harvest each week. Obviously this will vary and no one can give me a concrete answer but any experienced small sog grower should hopefully be able to give me a starting point.
I'm planning on using 3×3 flood trays, hydroton and rockwool. 4 plants per square foot so 36 plants per tray. I currently have only 400w lights and 1000w lights. My assumption is that I should go with 600w, one for each area. Does this make sense? Can I get away with using a 400w? Or can I use a 1000w without frying them? Also, what do you guys do for nutrients? As far as some plants being on 1 week flower and others being on week 8, do you feed them as if they are on week 5 so that all plants are happy?
Sorry this is a little disorganized, I feel like I'm starting all over! Thanks for any help.
-Drumfounded

vostok

Veteran
1397696920-0_670.jpg

I'm sure we have met before?, either way welcome to the old staid ..ICMAG, full of grumpy old stoners, who grumble about the weed, & this'n that,
in comparison you will find this site a very different place to that of RIU, this site is how weed sites should behave...too laid back to care ...lol as it should be, then again its got some really strange rules gain in comparison to most weed sites, like that cursed 50 posts to post a pic limit, but you may link to a pic posting site..(citation reqd)
and the mods don't hesitate to re-write anything that may be conflictive or even too long ...wait and see

a link to the buried rules, hidden in Skips grow room: lol
https://www.icmag.com/modules/Benefits/

That said I do get annoyed with the constant hypo crap that gushes from the keyboards of the 15 yo at RIU, but if ICMAG ever updates,
I hope they use the same web engine thing...that RIU site, engineering wise is fantastic, ICMAG in comparioson is ...like an old 57 Chevy ...just keeps going on on an on lol

Regard your grow, plan it all out, really well, above all keep everything "open architecture" so it may well be adjusted if required, you will need a seeds consider using STS or C Silver to turn a female, that will come later
good luck "V"

S13Hitman

Keep the closet the way it is without splitting it. 1 lamp will be enough for 3x4 and probably too much. Dimmable?
Try and have a tent for veg, mom's and clones so you still have a decent flower space.
Build a drain to waste table and use what you have or go with coco. Best thing to do is search through pics for different ideas and focus on the environment before anything else. I have issue's with low RH in my closet and should have thought the exhaust setup through better.
My 2 cents. Good luck!