What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid plant tricks

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
ive snapped branches off of flowering plants a few times. tape them back on asap, make sure the you tape it so that there is no broken stem open to the air. within a week it has generally healed.

that's my contribution to this thread. lol

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've cloned plants that have sat in the trash overnight.
No domes, no bags, no humidity retention what so ever. Just placed the cut in a cup of after to regain some turgidity then into the ez cloner it went.

Did the same for a big ol plant in veg that was gnawed off just below the ground by a gopher. My bro n I didn't have a clue what happened as we watched the plant quickly wilt. It was in that condition for two days before my bro tried looking under the plant to find an issue and it fell over.
Darn thing was propped up by its lower branches. Kept that plant for a couple more years. :D

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
lol where do you want me to start? thanks for bumping up this thread, almost like the universe is telling me to put humidity domes on these cut's i'm trying to root.

here's a thing most of you probably already know. you can root a cut under weak light in plain water.
picture.php

it's gonna get ugly, and look dead.
picture.php

but
picture.php

it'll eventually get roots. great for keeping males alive long enough to collect pollen. the yellowing leaves means it's growing roots. this requires a fairly high humidity. you might combine this with weirds humidity dome plastic bag if you have a dry environment. which i'm going to try now.

Latest posts

Latest posts