What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Not us :biggrin:

So um, bring on the 4/20 tourist dollars, caregivers can take care of the upper level market, dispensaries can sell to people who might as well be huffing paint.

Perhaps this has more (or a good chunk) to do with how the state structured the set up of the med stores and then there was a blow over effect on the rec stores. How many booze stores make/sale ALL of what they make. That would be like walking into one of them for a 6 pack of Coors, Budweiser or any "big" label brand and only getting bathtub gin. Or am I wrong?

S

SooperSmurph

Except choice is already an illusion in dispensaries, they're already putting the bathtub gin into everything.

All the products are the same, or have you found some treasure trove of amber trichomes in a sea of immature crap?

Picking random names from hats because they have college degrees and can sail through the badging process isn't a conspiracy, its abject lazyness and miserlyness on behalf of the owners, and it results in worthless low quality grows that produce homogenized crap.

Fought the owners of Ganja Gourmet (Crazy Steve, still kicking) for two years to hire competent staff members, their biggest place to troll for new employees? Nearby fastfoot restaurants, trying to convince randoms that minimum wage is worth it if you get to be around weed.

I can sit here and list plenty of locations that went through the exact same drama, CannaMart, Green Cross of Cherry Creek, Little Green Pharmany, Walking Raven, Organica, Sticky Buds... the list goes on, all because they ended up with an owner who understands basic numbers but not growing.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Then you also have the fact that with all of the clone trading/swapping that they went through back in the early days of medical, that every one is growing the same thing. Then like you said pulling a random name out of cat in the hat's hat.

I have to say that I know of people who have been seduced by the rec shops. They jump like lemmings at beginning of the month specials for an ounce for say $100 and it turns out to be total crap.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i will say that WAY back in the day when i first showed up in Colorado to grow; the ganja gourmet was pretty happening spot, i think perhaps the "fame" went to old steves head....
imagine being able to order and eat onsite a medicated pizza, while waiting for it to bake you can sit around and smoke joints inside OR walk down broadway and visit a different shop, have a puff inside that one to sample some herb... then go back and eat the medicated piza when the munchies kick in.
not trying to defend GG (because last few times i've went there the quality was typically sub-par), just saying that it once was a really cool scene down there on broadway, before the whole onsite consumption thing and 1284 kicked in

I went in expecting that, multitudes of different edibles. Not so much. This was 7-8 months ago.

Most stores are disappointing. Natural Remedies had some pretty good flower.

Healing House on Downing does some good deals, and carry the mint chocolate bars I like.

S

SooperSmurph

So on a side note this guy on a weed radio show tried my Smurphberry Jam and really liked it, The Adam Dunn Show? i'm not very hip with the current scene so i'm not very familiar with that show or that person, popular, reliable, connoisuer? What have you guys heard of the fella? Or if he posts here, could somebody direct him my way?

That place is a shit hole.
I agree. For the small period I had control of their grow, we put out nothing but quality product (Citizen Jay can attest to that, he signed over his red card (back when it was red) to GG when I was their head grower. The last time my weed was on their shelf was fall / winter of 2014, and it was impeccable, because unlike the person that replaced me, I refused to let them sell items that were contaminated by mold or bugs, which they immediately began to do.

Heard they've been sold to a new owner, wish him luck.
i will say that WAY back in the day when i first showed up in Colorado to grow; the ganja gourmet was pretty happening spot, i think perhaps the "fame" went to old steves head....
imagine being able to order and eat onsite a medicated pizza, while waiting for it to bake you can sit around and smoke joints inside OR walk down broadway and visit a different shop, have a puff inside that one to sample some herb... then go back and eat the medicated piza when the munchies kick in.
not trying to defend GG (because last few times i've went there the quality was typically sub-par), just saying that it once was a really cool scene down there on broadway, before the whole onsite consumption thing and 1284 kicked in
I was there for the tail end of some of the best edibles, the Twirling Hippie was bringing us as many as we could buy, our house line was made by Love's Oven (horrid chocolate imo, we should have tried to get incredibles to make it), we were the very first dispensary to carry Chai High Healing Tea (still my favorite medicated drink of all time, tastes like... chai, feels like heaven).

I made sure we shared the honor with Kind Love of being among the first to legally stock Stay Concentrated extract on the shelves, the original founders were my personal extraction guys, and I still love most of them to this day (other than you Gat, you still owe me a run bud!) They founded their company guerilla style and entered under someone else's MIP during the 2013 Cannabis Cup, and managed to take home 3rd place for their Pre-'03 Kobe (Cherry AK x Pre- 98 Bubba), fun days. I was the person who hand delivered that entry to the acceptance site, because... it was Ganja Gourmet's MIP they used fill out the manifest to enter the medical category :biggrin: credit was given where credit was due, I was just happy to help my friends boost their new company, but that sort of thing is very hard to pull off these days.

Definitely not edibles paradise anymore. Kind Love suits most of my needs these days, but I don't really see many places with the sheer variety GG had.
I just got my power back. Temporarily putting the "move the plants to some where with heat plan" on hold. Hope it lasts.
smile.gif
Fingers crossed for you, k+

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I agree. For the small period I had control of their grow, we put out nothing but quality product (Citizen Jay can attest to that, he signed over his red card (back when it was red) to GG when I was their head grower. The last time my weed was on their shelf was fall / winter of 2014, and it was impeccable, because unlike the person that replaced me, I refused to let them sell items that were contaminated by mold or bugs, which they immediately began to do.

Heard they've been sold to a new owner, wish him luck.
I was there for the tail end of some of the best edibles, the Twirling Hippie was bringing us as many as we could buy, our house line was made by Love's Oven (horrid chocolate imo, we should have tried to get incredibles to make it), we were the very first dispensary to carry Chai High Healing Tea (still my favorite medicated drink of all time, tastes like... chai, feels like heaven).

I made sure we shared the honor with Kind Love of being among the first to legally stock Stay Concentrated extract on the shelves, the original founders were my personal extraction guys, and I still love most of them to this day (other than you Gat, you still owe me a run bud!) They founded their company guerilla style and entered under someone else's MIP during the 2013 Cannabis Cup, and managed to take home 3rd place for their Pre-'03 Kobe (Cherry AK x Pre- 98 Bubba), fun days. I was the person who hand delivered that entry to the acceptance site, because... it was Ganja Gourmet's MIP they used fill out the manifest to enter the medical category :biggrin: credit was given where credit was due, I was just happy to help my friends boost their new company, but that sort of thing is very hard to pull off these days.

Definitely not edibles paradise anymore. Kind Love suits most of my needs these days, but I don't really see many places with the sheer variety GG had.

Fingers crossed for you, k+

I'm far removed from the denver area/scene, so I know nothing of any of the stores up there.

You know from how the state has changed the laws with the no on site consumption, makes me think these guys are not even testing/sampling there stuff.

Then if they are growing for medical they should be putting out top quality medical grade, not poisoned crap that's going to make people sick. SO you can't call the stuff they pump out, KIND.

S

SooperSmurph

I'm far removed from the denver area/scene, so I know nothing of any of the stores up there.

You know from how the state has changed the laws with the no on site consumption, makes me think these guys are not even testing/sampling there stuff.

Then if they are growing for medical they should be putting out top quality medical grade, not poisoned crap that's going to make people sick. SO you can't call the stuff they pump out, KIND.
Didn't know Kind Love was on the "caught using pesticides list", were they?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nearly everyone will be on the "list" before this is all over.... i heard they are testing even for spinosad, maybe we discussed that in this thread already?
not trying to excuse anyone on "the list" just saying... the state set forth a bunch of goals of testing and oversight, but when the almighty dollars started rolling in everything else went on the back burner (especially prodcuct safety)
at this point the pesticide recalls are the best ammunition homegrowers (patients and recreational growers) and medical caregivers have to justify their own right to grow. best ammunition we are going to get. and i believe the whole recall fiasco and demand for testing is a kind of backlash by patients/consumers against the industry. I can't be more glad it's happening, but if testing and quality oversight had been implemented WAY back when it was passed this wouldn't be as big of an issue. it would have been set as part of "the rules" just like getting badged workers, camera systems, scales linked to computers, and everything else that came with having a state license.

Status
Not open for further replies.