What's new

Testing pH Coco coir

opt1c

Veteran
there is nothing stopping you from doing so although i'd run a liquid ph test of the runoff to compare... most people test the runoff from coco... i only test the ph of what i feed them... plants can take care of it from there in my opinion.

Kenny Lingus

optic says it mate

no need for checking it. if u use a good coco coir and know that you give them. Use around pH 5,5 in the beginning of a cycle and maybe towards pH 6,0 towards the end and you should be fully sorted.

B

Brain

I agree with the previous to posters. Just ph the liquids going into the coco and you're good. Coco is good with ph. It will naturally drift up in a recirc set up so 5.5 is a good starting point, letting it drit up to 6.0-6.2 before adjusting. Now ec in coco is a whole other matter.

Clyde

I twice watered my Coco/perlite with 5.5 pH and the slurry test came out at 6.5 pH. Should I drop the feed &water to something below 5.5?

R

Rox

I twice watered my Coco/perlite with 5.5 pH and the slurry test came out at 6.5 pH. Should I drop the feed &water to something below 5.5?

No, keep pH of feed going in between 5.8-6.2 and you will be ok, i never check run off

zeke99

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts