What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Blend Pro Info

G

Nice TK thanx for the Info..
Now i am kinda stuck. As im not sure wether to try out EJ or PBO.. i will do more research.. again thanx TK.. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Newest pics of our grow as soon as the site is fixed.

sack :canabis: :joint:

G

I got in on this post a little late. TK I would like your take on the Triflex line of nutes. I have used it on two grows with good results but not exceptional. The only other additive I used was liquid karma and clearex for flushing. When I used the triflex in a flood and drain setup I had wild ph fluctuations which really made for a laborious grow. I then switched over to a dwc method with a recirculating resevoir that fed a tub of eight plants. The ph was much more stable than in the previous grow. I contributed this to an increase in dissolved oxygen at the root zone.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I've gone on the assumption that PBP is organic based and not 100% organic. Do i care....no. I used to be a die hard 10+ year organic soil grower but when i switched to hydro.......100% organic is a pain in the ass. I had nothing but problems and the fact you can't accurately measure ppm of organic put me off.

G

Hey chief, good to see you!
I agree anything that raises ppm's to 1000+ is not 100% organic.
I don't even know how close to organic it is but IMHO it is as close as I have been able to get.
The question I think is not "is 100% organic" but is it close enough given it's feasibility, no one I know is breaking yield recolds with EJ in a hydro setup but I have not seen it all.....not by far. The ph is unstable without a substrate and a nutrient that buffers and can sustain a high level of bioactivity.
If a bubbler reservoir is changed every 10days then are any of the slow release elements even broken down and delivered?
So far the bio-buckets and even the aquaponics have caught my eye.

Peace

Lucas

> fact:1 organics do not register on a tds/ec meter.

I disagree, the water soluble part of an organically derived mix WILL register some amount of electrical conductivity

> The readings on the PBP are much higher than the same mix of the original Pure Blend which is 100% organic.

I agree, PB @15ml/gal used to read about 600ppm @.7 conversion, the new PBPro version reads over 1200ppm @15ml/gal

http://www.altgarden.com/site/organics/pureblend/PBPRODUCTS.html
"Pure Blend is a custom-blend of the rich organic ingredients. When mixed with purified water and added to a reservoir or soil, these liquid formulas will enhance quality and quantity of your plants. The (.5-.5-1) Metabolic Bloom Formula will increase the number, size, and quality of blooms and fruits While the (1-.5-1) Metabolic Grow Formula will produce larger vegetables with a superior taste and appearance."

it makes sense that PB Bloom whose NPK is .5 - .5 - 1 reads less strong as PBP Bloom whose NPK is 2.5. - 2 - 5

> I think the original is taking much less in the way of ammendments and the plants uptake rate seems to be much greater with less added.

I respect your "less is more" experience that PB works better for you. Do you grow ebb flow in rox, or do you use a denser medium?. PB is definitely a much weaker product than PBP, and I agree PB and PBP need epsom or some other Mg source added, such as Cal Mag or Sweet

I even agree that it would be practically impossible to use too much PB, it is so weak.. its meant to accumulate in medium, not for hydro..

> our lovely ladies eat and shit in the same tank.

actually, I used to think that too, but it turns out, they dont shit. I know of many reports of growers who dont change their res for the life of the crop, they just add more nutes to keep the TDS around 1400...

it seems changing the res every 2 weeks is an utter waste of nutrients. I even know of folks who have had successful crops for 3 bloom cycles in a row, with the last cycle yielding more than the first.. not because of nutes, just better tweaking of the veg time and plant density.. as an aside, more nutes most definitely does not translate to more yield..

> anything that raises ppm's to 1000+ is not 100% organic.

I dont think that necessarily follows. You can have a weak organic nute like PB, which contains practically nothing!, just half a percent of Phosphorous. Of course it will read weak on a meter, when you compare it to another mix, whether its organic or not, that has a 2 percent spec for P. That is 4 times more Phosphorous, so it conducts more electricity.

I dont consider PB a relevant recipe for hydro, only for medium like promix or coco, where the nutrients will accumulate. Even organic nutrients contain the elements the plants absorb in the form of "salts".

my vote for a working hydro organic formula is GrowGreen's Formula, 15ml/gal PBProBloom, plus 5ml/gal Cal-Mag

if anyone has a simpler organic derived recipe that works in deep water culture or ebb flow, Im interested. DWC uses stronger nutes levels than can be achieved with the non Pro version of Pure Blend..

If you have access to Metanaturals, its a carbon copy of Gen Hydro's flora series, but with an organic label..

just my opinion
Lucas

sysprog

Nice post Lucas. I believe the only reason to change ones resevoir is one can not control root rot or diseases.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
just doing research 4 my first grow,want to go as organic as possible.i'm an over the road truck driver @ right now i'm only home 2days every 2 wks but going 2b getting a run that i can get hm most wknds @through the house 4 a couple hrs 1 or 2 days a wk looks like bigtokes biobuckets are just what the doctor orderd 4 me.any opinions,sugestions would be gr8ly appreciated.texaskid i've read alot of ur stuff since finding i.c.ifind u2b very helpful.thx.much love bro.

greenambitions

Has anyone else experienced this PBP go bad when improperly stored like realhigh mentioned happened to him? Is there a particular way to tell if it's bad, or will it only show in the plants?

I ask because I'm about to start a second run using PBP. This run will use the same bottles of PBP Grow and PBP Fruit & Flower. There was an approx 5 week period between runs due to unforeseen circumstances. I have always stored them at room temperature.

Thanks for your thoughts.

ga

8bitNES

i've been told pbp will store for about 18 months. i personally wouldn't store unopened bottles for much more than a year because i'm factoring in the organics but thats just my own way.

its interesting to see that others are using pbp with cm and lk. i too have noticed that pbp is just not enough stand-alone. i no longer use lk in veg but i also use hydroguard or hygrozyme every once in a while.

my personal recommendation: don't buy a too big of bottle of pbp than you can use within a couple grow cycles. i've had a bottle a little too "long" and by the last of the bottle there was considerably more of a salt buildup.

does anyone have any experience with sweet? bio-chem is not my area of expertise but to me it sounds like the other side of the "missing link" coin that lk is on. at least thats the effect i get with botanicare marketing.

i hope all this is relavent to the thread.
8bit

purcellville

Self Proclaimed Hash Whore
ICMag Donor
Veteran
8Bit,

I am also runing PBP with LK and CalMag as per a recipe of a close friend. She has strongly urged me to consider using Sweet with 6.0 water for the final week. So today I ordered up a bottle in prep for the finish. I also added some hydroguard to the order as I think it might be worth trying.

Sorry back to the sweet. My friend swears it will mellow out the smoke, improve curing, and make an all around smoother smoke. The results speak for themselves and I will humbly walk in the footsteps of talented growers as I learn my craft.

filimagno

for 1 time and ever.....PBP,biobizz,plagron,biosevia of ghe,and other fertilizer pushed for completly natural are not this things for real!!!...are not 100%organic!!and are not allowed for biological agriculture!!!

in the EU....we allow only stuff made from natural compuonds without chemical extraction..it means NO ACID,NO HEAVY BASE AND NO REAGENTS...ONLY POWDER STUFF AND IDROLISIS....OR WORK FROM BACTERIA AND ENZYMES.

if they say : NATURALS,ORGANICS,BIOLOGICAL,BIO.....IT DON'T SAY NOTHING!!!

IN UR COUNTRY I DON'T KNOW THE EXACTLY LAW...BUT IN MY COUNTRY "100%ORGANICS DON'T SAY NOTHINGS TO ME IF THEY USE A REACTION TO LEAVE OUT SOME AMINOACIDS OR HORMONES FROM NATURAL COMPOUNDS!!!

HOPE IT'S CLEAR...I'M NOT REALLY ABLE TO SPEAK ENGLISH...BUT WHEN I READ THOSE THINGS IT MAKE ME SO NERVOUS...AS THE DAILY FAKE MARKETING OF THE DUTCH COMPANIES

Reorx

gotta say I have been using PBP for 3 years and it works great. The only down side is that its low in mag so I use cal-mag. Great shit, always does wonders for my plants.

Flutch

thanks for a great read guys, TK you are someone I will be checking up more often thanks for all the great advice.

frostyy420

Just started using PBP and my PPMs are all over the place. Just wondering if any one else has had this problem with PBP nutes.

I'm using RO water with PBP Grow, Liquid Karma, Cal Mag Plus, and Silica Blast.
System: DWC 5g bucket(non recirculating)

greenlove

ok just to be clear. can i use just pbp bloom at 15ml/gal the whole way from begining of veg to end of flower? and add in some cal mag plus and that should be fine?

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
greenlove said:
ok just to be clear. can i use just pbp bloom at 15ml/gal the whole way from begining of veg to end of flower? and add in some cal mag plus and that should be fine?

Green you wanna bring them up slowly and you might want to use a bit more, but 15ml pbp bloon and 5 calmag (less if you have hard water) seems to be the ratio. I am doing 18 pbp, 10 liquid karma, 10 sweet, and 5 calmag right now with nice results.

Here is a nice table, but the nutes are too high do 1/4 to 1/2 and watch the results:

http://www.americanagritech.com/product/product_detail.asp?ID=1&pro_id_pk=90

Good luck!

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I'm doing 15ml PBP, 5ml CalMag+, and 15ml LK right now with what I think are very good results. One of my plants looks like it wants more though, so I think I'm going to bump it up to 20ml PBP for my next feeding and see how it goes.

greenlove

is it safe to use sweet with the calmag and tap water? also i notice almost everyone uses liquid karma. is it really worth buying?

Last edited:

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
greenlove said:
is it safe to use sweet with the calmag and tap water? also i notice almost everyone uses liquid karma. is it really worth buying?

I use calmag + sweet with my tap water (water is about 120ppm). There is a little mag in sweet, but I think sweet mostly a flavor enhancer. Some people use molasses instead. I have also read that advanced nutes "sweat leaf" is similar, but changes the flavor.

I also use clearex, silica blast, and hydroguard too.
:joint: