What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Liquid Karma causing massive stretching in veg

CaStoner

I added Liquid Karma because I knew it will stretch the internodes (because of the kelp ingredients) which was like a quarter inch apart now they are like 4 to 5 inches apart, main stems are nice and thick. I always figured the bigger the plant the bigger the buds, But I don't really like all this massive stretching may look impressive or maybe I'm using too much during vegging? Maybe use it once then stop so stretching will slow down, also will a short stocky plants yield more?

Easy7

Veteran
Kelp and liquid karma should not cause a stretch. It would mainly be not enough light duration, intensity or spectrum.

Easy7

Veteran
Stretch is deceptive. Stretch opens up the plant, but she will yield less. Stocky means lot's of light, to a point. Fast growing, somewhat stocky (depending on genetics) means she's more agressive. Aggressive plants tend to yeild more.

Less agressive just don't fill out right, foilage or flowers.

CaStoner

They're were all growing nice and stocky hence the 1/4 inch spacing and short growth. I knew adding LK to the mix would caused them to all stretch base on my experience using this stuff in the past, so It all can't be just lighting, I'll guess will see at the end if she'll yield more..

Easy7

Veteran
What light?

Are you in stretch phase?

Kelp causes abundant growth. Using kelp during stretch will increase stretch. Using in veg will increase veg and using in flowering will increase flowering.

Easy7

Veteran
Ya that's going to stretch like hell. Hydro and a florescent, yep, stretch city!

CaStoner

Yeah I was wondering if I shouldn't have used LK they would have been short and stocky, maybe they would have stretch later even without LK just not so much. If you look in my past album grow I used LK through out and yielded good, hoping for better results this time since I'm adding sea-crop to the mix early in their lives..Hoping for huge buds..lol

My avatar pic..Using T5's and LK..But this time with Sea-Crop..This is only one plant..
picture.php

Last edited:

CaStoner

Ya that's going to stretch like hell. Hydro and a florescent, yep, stretch city!
Not true like I said they were growing nice and stocky 1/4 inch spacing only when I applied LK did they start to take off again this is years of experience..Look like the tallest is Male still giving me the claw while some of the others is showing pistols..The big one on the left is showing thin like nubs banana shape may just be a female, no hairs yet..

T

Teddybrae

Mate, I lost this years garden because Dick Helper put heaps of kelp in the soil without me knowing ... instead of as Foliar which is what the brew was designed for.
the plants grew and grew and grew (and outgrew their bed) and there was no energy left for flowering. just stopped!
and the smoke is the same ... gets you high but no quality effects that the variety is known for.

Latest posts

Latest posts