What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do I have mold on my flowers?

theJointedOne

Veteran
Looks ok to me. Doesnt look like grey mold or botrytis or anything like that. Are the flowers moist or dry? If you think they may mold I would try to dry them out quickly. It may be a bit harsher smoke if dryer but you will stop the moisture from potentially creating a problem.

manjawithdaganj

Flowers are dry. The RH was pretty low the whole time so it took around 5 days with the leaves. The insides are a bit more moist than the rest, but definitely not wet. I have a better picture of one of the buds. I got them on cardboard right now so they shouldn't take that much longer to dry if I leave them spread out.
https://imgur.com/a/D8ywl

oldbootz

Veteran
It looks like there is a spot of mold

On the first link, in the first pic, at the top of the bud, there is a brown/grey spot on the bud tip.
On the second link, in the last pic, on the left side of the big bud (same bud?)

This looks like mold to me. Chop it off. You can smoke the rest that doesnt have the mold on it.

Those colors just scream borderline bud rot (the kind most people never notice)

What color were the pistils before chop? Tan?

soil margin

Veteran
Hard to say, but I see some questionable stuff. Some of the small leaves look a little too white relative to the others. Mold can be very hard to spot sometimes especially if the lighting in the room isn't just right.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Looks questionable.
Know anyone with a good sense of smell, taste? I can taste mold on the exhale of flowers I am unable to smell mold on.

For me it is hard to see actual mold. There are some spots i would look closer.
But the shrivelling and color spots on some leaves makes me think there is mold.

The last pictures look mostly good though.

How does it smell or taste?

manjawithdaganj

It smells rich but not musky at the moment. it stings the nostrils like petrol but has sweet fruity and woody smell. It 8s all really.complex and I get different hints everytime I take a whiff. It tastes like weed to me, smokes well and smooth. I might try it in my vape at some point.

Andyo

Veteran
botrytis mold

botrytis mold

Botrytis mold is killed by frost or freezing
in air frost the mold infected areas turn orange and brittle.

I dont see any mold.A

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
"Earthy" is flavor/aroma from fungi. Haven't run across any strains which naturally produce high levels of "earthy terpenes" yet. All the earthy I smell and taste on cannabis is mold. Whether from mold in the cannabis itself or simply lots of spores from the rich earth it was grown in.

No earthy? Go for it

It smells rich but not musky at the moment. it stings the nostrils like petrol but has sweet fruity and woody smell. It 8s all really.complex and I get different hints everytime I take a whiff. It tastes like weed to me, smokes well and smooth. I might try it in my vape at some point.

Sounds good to me. :)