What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New LED Lighting Co.

The warranty is 5 yrs with a 10 year warranty available, which is nice. They say they only drive them @ 1/3 power to reduce heat & prolong life of unit. Also DIY units available with online help from them, 1K watts available. for less than a digital ballast cost 4-5 yrs back.

Got my interest.

2011rex87

140 lpw, 70 cri.
Not good, move on.

In my opinion, 140 lumen per watt is a good figure. There is alot more that goes into making a good light than just lpw. As for the Color Rendering Index... that figure is not exactly crucial when taking into account the other aspects of the light fixture. There are multiple models offered on that website and I find some of their models to offer the perfect spectrum of light for our plants at a good output for the cost. These units are designed in California, Built in the USA, waterproof, vaporproof, etc. Please read below for a more complete understanding of CRI and how it relates to LEDs and the spectrum (color temp) of light that our plants require.
"The "warmer" light colors, such as a 2700K incandescent bulb or a 1700K candle light are more easily reproduced than more neutral white lights, such as 4800K direct sunlight, and thus usually have higher CRI ratings in alternative light sources such as CFL and LED bulbs; "warmer" light (more red) naturally renders colors less accurately. Think of how the world looks at sunset (2000K) compared to high noon (5600K)"
http://lowel.tiffen.com/edu/color_temperature_and_rendering_demystified.html

Koondense

Veteran
I understand cri and i build my own led light systems. This is why i find these figures not impressive at all. Your use of the words perfect spectrum is an alarm sign for me,considering we are looking a 70cri system.
If you go read specs of various leds, you see the lower cri the higher lpw. This light should offer at least 160lpw to be interesting, otherwise it just seems to be a not so good implementation of a decent idea.
Sorry bud but i don't get fooled this easily. No disrespect though...

Cheers

2011rex87

Yeah the fact that it is Built in USA and Designed in California means a lot to me. You can get a fixture from foreign parts that is advertised to last and retain it's value and power but at the end of the day... Besides.. this company has so many models.. yeah some of the shop lights aren't good for growing.. did you check out their production grow lights because it seems like you are referring to their shop lights..

Koondense

Veteran
I checked the basis for all lights they build, not interested wasting more time me for them.
I don't care for design, i only care for specifications.

Cheers