What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone familiar with uncle festers skunk?

herbgreen

Veteran
I don't know if theres any left, but SWAMI has some Original 1976 Peace Corp PURE IBL Highland Guerrero LTD Release.

100% PURE IBL. 80-100 days flowering. Its faster than most as its Highland.
This is also a worked Drug line, and is what many think is responsible for Garlic Bud, and others. Its believed Lebanese Hashplant was bred into this in the early 70s, and was worked as a commercial drug line.

Was brought back by someone in the Peace Corp in 1976.

Don't pay any attention to him saying only 20 packs. They let some more out, but its still listed on the Menu.

$100 for 15-16 seeds and a Free Pack of 15. 30+ seeds for $110/incl shipping.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BknNZ0AF9vT/?taken-by=swamiseed_ig

I also believe JamesBeanCompany has some of High Biscus from Coastal Columbian Red x Puna Budder.

The C R mom looks incredible.

High biscus

Purple Corinto Highland Colombian x Hawaii x Afghani (puna
budder)

swami IG just posted a pic of the 76 guerrero plant!

6 days ago only 15 final packs remained.........

swami organic seeds do give away free 15 packs but they are chosen at random

Not bad considering the genetics but sometimes the hype is over the top.... they do keep it moving on IG

I dont think that's Gas talking on IG...unless he refers to himself in the third person :biggrin:

ambertrichome

Veteran
You can clearly see here that Hemphill clearly states on the MENU this is the 79 Cut, crossed with NL1.

This Romulan is Original 1979 clone only. Not Federation seeds.

He got the 79 cut from U Mello.

The MENU clearly states it 1979 Romulan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIJVPKLgFKF/?taken-by=coastalseeds

Heres a video of TNF Pure 1979 Romulan cut he gave Coastal. There were more comments on the other Imstagram page before it was taken down, from Hemphill, and Kagyu.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bljd2dcFSg4k9w0kjPdGFd0cWNdyAbv2TVLJ-A0/?taken-by=thenaturefarm

U Mello also gave Hemphill the 95 Black Domina cut he used to make Blacklights, and U Mello got a pack, and grew them out, and is also posted on Coastals Instagram Page.

This looks KILLER.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bac8FxWDwO0/?taken-by=coastalseeds

texasjack

You can clearly see here that Hemphill clearly states on the MENU this is the 79 Cut, crossed with NL1.

This Romulan is Original 1979 clone only. Not Federation seeds.

He got the 79 cut from U Mello.

The MENU clearly states it 1979 Romulan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIJVPKLgFKF/?taken-by=coastalseeds

Heres a video of TNF Pure 1979 Romulan cut he gave Coastal. There were more comments on the other Imstagram page before it was taken down, from Hemphill, and Kagyu.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bljd2dcFSg4k9w0kjPdGFd0cWNdyAbv2TVLJ-A0/?taken-by=thenaturefarm

U Mello also gave Hemphill the 95 Black Domina cut he used to make Blacklights, and U Mello got a pack, and grew them out, and is also posted on Coastals Instagram Page.

This looks KILLER.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bac8FxWDwO0/?taken-by=coastalseeds

Hey bro I'm not saying somebody didn't give him a cut they called 79 Romulan cut. All I was saying was he just made seeds w classics Romulan Joes IBL.

I'm not trying to get in a pissin match it don't matter to me at all.I couldn't care less. It's just I'm very good friends w classic been working w him since the start of seed depot & like to see him get credit for his stuff.He is still having some probs from a bad stroke.

texasjack

The only reason I stopped on this thread is b/c my friend had MT Skunk 18 pure and crosses. He gave me a bunch to pass around. It wasn't about NL#1 Romulan etc..

I was wondering how my friend got his hands on Master Thai's Uncle Festers Skunk. He didn't release that pure only the OG Skunk#1. He been around for yrs on the down low.Used to sell beans out of a small auction site called cannapot from Belgium or somewhere. Never was on any forums or seedbanks.

My take on it from experience is this...and I don't know Master Thai or the guys selling his Skunk18 beans or anything about them and don't care 1 way or the other...

I think Master Thai started messin around on forums and got f over...like so many have over the yrs.

MT was f n around on FireStax or some where w those cut throat fake breeders. I'm sure he traded w some like classic and coastal did before and got f over. He probably said don't sell or release it pure and when MT didn't they did. Then they say they had to do it b/c he is not a nice guy & they owe it to the mj community...but not for free.$80...I think twice as much as their other strains were.

"These are pre release and felt this is something needed doing with the current focus on Skunk1 genetic but also the Fact of the originator of these seeds ripping folks off and not keeping his word to many members in our community for no reason whatsoever, especially when his genetic selection is solid.

He is Master Thai Organic Seed garden and our open pollination recreation was never to harm but rather to preserve the experience for everyone. This is his uncles line, preserved via seed stock and kept mother for us to enjoy and thats what i intend for all, not to rip anyone off like where these originate. Like i always say, we let the genetic speak. "

kro-magnon

Veteran
All those new seed makers have really bad behavior but try to look righteous, what a shame to release a seed line made by someone and trashing him as a ripper.
Stop your publicity campaign for those loosers AT

ganjaguy66

I have grown a bunch of different strains of his and was appy enough to buy about 18 different strains. Mostly the Mello Platinum Cookie crosses but I did get a pack of the Skunk 18, Cheese x Skunk 18, platinum Bubba x Skunk 18 and have th Garden Valley OG, Mr Nice Skunk and the Headband x Rocket Scientist OG. The Skunks and their crosses are NOT pest resistant as far as mites go. Didn't find any skunk terps but did get an onion one. Ok but not impressive. The cookie crosses will usually put out a couple of male flowers about the third week of flower but if picked in time don't seed anything.

I do know that I won't be buying anything else from him though because of the flak going on between him and Headiegardens and Loompa and Shoe is a brother of mine and I trust him implicitly. When my Mom died, the man sent me about $700 worth of genetics for free and didn't ask for anything in return. I now believe that TNF misrepresented himself and his genetics. But you make up your own mind about it and decide if you want to grow his stuff. There is some fire in there but I would just stick with Bodhi, Strayfox and Doc D. JMO

herbgreen

Veteran
I was wondering how my friend got his hands on Master Thai's Uncle Festers Skunk. He didn't release that pure only the OG Skunk#1.

Master thai skunk18 was a pure release but not for long and the nature farm picked it up or invented itself to present this strain?

There was pic of the master thai seed vial at the nature farm.

Its a big part of the nature farm lineup over there

It may be really important.... and the very least its helped them alot!

Its interesting the genetic make up is listed as Colombian Gold x Afghani X Acapulco Gold

As far as i can tell they are workin' with it and they seem to be makin' some interesting things.

At least they give credit and tell where it really came from and what it is

I dont know all the backstory......................

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
A 40 years old cut?? Who believe that's possible to have such an old cut still alive?

It is certainly possible. I have seen 23 year old ones, and am quite sure Sam said he has 35 year old ones. Trees can live for decades, so can most plants mothered and cloned well. Hell the one I saw 23 years old was not done right, it was recloned every new show, no mothers ever kept.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Clones can live indefinitely- after all, each clone can become a mother, and each clone from those can become mothers..... etc.
Apple varieties , for example are all propagated and maintained by clone as the seeds never breed true.
Blood oranges are from clones which originally came from a single mutated branch of a Seville orange tree, yet they survive the test of time.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I know a clone could be kept eternally in theory but life is quite different, it is illegal in many countries and was illegal for a long time in USA so being able to keep a clone alive for 40 years in these condition is not easy. Even the big seedbanks have lost some of their old clones so a private grower in an illegal country certainly had a hard time keeping his clone for such a long time.

ambertrichome

Veteran
The ONE

Blue Orca

Have both been alive since 1983.

Original NL5 cut is still alive, and is from early 80s. Its Thai contrary to popular common knowledge. It was hybridized with an Afghan, but they misnamed it, and still called it NL5, when in reality its a Hybrid, and misnamed.

Plenty of others still around.
Skelly HP from 89.
PNW HP from early 80s./Mother of Skelly.

Nevil used the PNW HP Extensively, and said the PNW HP/NL1 F1 cross, and the F2 Male x PNW mother were the most resinous, and potent he had ever seen.
He called the Backcross Hasplant in the catalog.
I believe many of the original genetics from Sensi, Serious, DP lost original genetics in the early2000s due to some fires, and busts.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day AT

NL #5 was Afghani x Hawaiian Bx .

NL #9 was Afghani x Thai . From the horse`s mouth ...

I 1st learnt about cloning from MJ Botany in 1988 . Obviously I had seen the old folks take cuttings of perennials during my child hood . Never thought of cloning ganja though .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

ambertrichome

Veteran
I first learned about cloning in the 70s, and have been doing it ever since. While Hawaiian isn't a strain, the sativa part is most likely Thai, and while I know its a 50/50 cross, the clone only 80s pheno everyone in PNW has is very sativa dominant. Coastal has it crossed with NL1, and its HUGE, though Indica dom.

There was a Video of it on Instagram, but the grower got ratted on/reported, and they took down the page, but the guy is back up, running, and is working on restoring all the info/photos.

From what I know the majority of weed grown in in Hawaii in the 70s/80s was Thai, or Viet brought back by vets Or Mex.

But the PNW cut of NL5 I saw is very sativa dom, though the bud isn't airy. But neither is The ONE Swami has, and its Thai dom, and is very dense.

But I agree its 50/50, genetics came from Hawaii, and was a Hawaiian/Sativa, but its has dom Thai characteristics. But the stuff Nevil/Sensi was selling was further hybridized and sold as NL5, and isn't the same thing as the clone only NL5.

It was taken to PNW, and was bred with a ghani, and the Pheno that is the cut called Basic 5 when it was taken to Holland, and given to Nevil. Nevil crossed it with Afghan, and chose the afghan phenos.

The original early 80s cut is very Sativa dominant, and there was a VIDEO of it on Instagram,,,,,, but the page got shut down by a RAT, but its up again, and hes trying to get all the photos/info back up.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Also could be simply wrong

Anyone run across thai phenos ever in skunk 1 ??

Its not impossible NL2 has thai

Maybe their version has thai in it

Makes me want some sssc M9 !

sounds good

Ive seen that many times and always blew it off as wrong or a type-o

Its in later catalogs also.....but they just keep repeating descriptions thats normal

Good Question I guess...all of it could have thai

Breeders withhold information...It wouldnt be the first time

But who knows

DukeDiamond is working with it right???

can someone e-mail him and ask him ever noticed anything ?

If NL2 (or any NL) has thai in it - its because of the hawaiian used to make NL.
Hawaiian lines are Mexi x Affy and Thai x Affy. Ten they are Bx’ed to either parent. Blood is Thai x Affy x Thai. Maui Wowie is Mexi x Affy x Affy.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I first learned about cloning in the 70s, and have been doing it ever since. While Hawaiian isn't a strain, the sativa part is most likely Thai, and while I know its a 50/50 cross, the clone only 80s pheno everyone in PNW has is very sativa dominant. Coastal has it crossed with NL1, and its HUGE, though Indica dom.

There was a Video of it on Instagram, but the grower got ratted on/reported, and they took down the page, but the guy is back up, running, and is working on restoring all the info/photos.

From what I know the majority of weed grown in in Hawaii in the 70s/80s was Thai, or Viet brought back by vets Or Mex.

But the PNW cut of NL5 I saw is very sativa dom, though the bud isn't airy. But neither is The ONE Swami has, and its Thai dom, and is very dense.

But I agree its 50/50, genetics came from Hawaii, and was a Hawaiian/Sativa, but its has dom Thai characteristics. But the stuff Nevil/Sensi was selling was further hybridized and sold as NL5, and isn't the same thing as the clone only NL5.

It was taken to PNW, and was bred with a ghani, and the Pheno that is the cut called Basic 5 when it was taken to Holland, and given to Nevil. Nevil crossed it with Afghan, and chose the afghan phenos.

The original early 80s cut is very Sativa dominant, and there was a VIDEO of it on Instagram,,,,,, but the page got shut down by a RAT, but its up again, and hes trying to get all the photos/info back up.

I see ypu do a lot of research and know people in the community but some of your information is wrong.

Most Hawaiians are Mexi x Affy. Some are Thai x Affy.
Breeding was done by BoEL

Seems like you like Kagyu a lot.
You should know he is a snake.
He’s been given genetics by my group of friends with explicit instructions not to use them in breeding projects for profit. Then he turns around and sells packs for 200,300, 500$.
And he lies a Lot about the sources of his genetics.
I talk with his sources weekly.
I was asked by my circles in Europe and other places to keep an eye on Kagyu. I met him at Emerald Cup and yea, he’s pretty shady.
I was told he used to be kinda nice but once he got cancer he went for the money. It shows.
He and TNF are in the Hells Angels circle. Not the spiritual gurus they sell themselves as.

ambertrichome

Veteran
I follow Hemphill. Not Kagyu. And I don't really follow any of them

I just know Hemphill/Coastal had the NL1 hybrids with Romulan, Skelly, Black Domina, UK Cheese, and some others. Don't know anything about $500 seeds pack ect.

I just want old Super Sativa Seed Club/Nevils/BOEL/Duke Diamond VA genetics. DD VA also has some SSSC genetics. That's my ONLY motivation.

I also know I aint perfect, and will gladly admit when I am wrong.

That's all I care about vs Coastal seeds.

I just like those genetics
Hemphills dad/ or grandfather whatever had some of the best Pitbulls lines there were, and still are. I also like PBs, and have had them most of my 60 years. I also had no idea he was related to THE BOB HEMPHILL/PB BREEDER,a nd I stilldont know if its his dad, or grandfather. Id say GF.

BOEL also has Thai, and is what The ONE, and Blue Orca are.

Ive got all kinds of Swami/COOT/BOEL genetics, and am currently running Blue Orca Haze, and Blue Orca x RKS Uruapan, NL5/Hz

Been running the BOH for over a year, and it is super potent.

I know about BOEL.

Ive never heard the Nature Farm guy be really spiritual, and he for sure doesn't hang out with biker gangs. The Sk18 came from the Hells Angels, but he aint 1 of them, and hes not hanging with them.

Master Thai was Uncle Festers Nephew,,, and Fester was a HA and is where the original genes came from. U Mello got the genes from MT, who was ripping off, and lying to the nor cal community, so U Mello open pollenated the original stuff from MT, and let the genes out.

But I don't know why you would say I like Kagu, when Ive never met him, am in east. ky, and have no connection to any of them.

I just want these old genetics, and I could give a crap who has them, as long as they are real, and available, Im going to buy as many as possible.

Feds got over $5000 of my old Nevil/SSSC seeds in the 90s, and Ive not been able to find them, or close, until now.

But it does get old when people think Im friends, or know then, or am shilling for them, when I couldn't pick the mother fuckers out of a line up.:ying::chin::thank you:

Last edited:

ambertrichome

Veteran
They all went their way, and Bob supplies Eqgenetics in Cali, and wont send out of cali.

Eq have a NL1/NL5 cross I want so bad Im about ready to drive from Ky, to Cali and buy 20 packs. Seriously.

Latest posts

Latest posts