What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone familiar with uncle festers skunk?

mr.brunch

Veteran
Vanilla cow shit sounds like a trendy new Ben and Jerry’s flavour ....

However, I shit you not

Quote:
The reason why pre-grated parmesan tastes of vomit is that parmesan cheese contains two short-chain fatty-acids called butyric and isovaleric acid, which are the very same ‘sweaty feet’ chemicals contained in our vomit and body odour smell. Grating the parmesan intensifies this effect. However, research by the Fragrance Foundation has demonstrated that when phials of these acids are labelled 'parmesan' people rate them positively. When phials of exactly the same material are labelled 'vomit', on the other hand, they get a negative reaction. So, perception plays an important role in smell and taste.

Source:https://qi.com/infocloud/cheese

Arkansux

People need to give up thinking someone is actually going to release a rks..

After 20yrs I have pretty much accepted if someone says they're releasing a rks variety , they are liers - scammers, bullshit artist, just trying to cash in on peoples hopes and dreams.. Quit being played as ignorant fools people...

If youre lucky maybe 1 day you'll find a clone that kind of smells like rks , but I doubt it...

Hell if anybody ever really did find just 1 clone that had that smell the news would be so big everyone wld know , the person that found it would show up with samples at different events just to be king shit...

Hell I want rks also, it was the best weed in the 80s besides the piney shit that wld be around every winter/Christmas...

Until someone puts some rks buds in your face you better think theyre liers , doing different makes you a stupid fool...

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
I don't know if it's the dosidos, but I've find 4 pheno in 8 female of holy roller by archive with ultra strong smell of halitosis or dead mouse.. Really putrid smell... I live in italy, don't know the rks smell, but this smell really remind me a dead animal...

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
People need to give up thinking someone is actually going to release a rks..

After 20yrs I have pretty much accepted if someone says they're releasing a rks variety , they are liers - scammers, bullshit artist, just trying to cash in on peoples hopes and dreams.. Quit being played as ignorant fools people...

If youre lucky maybe 1 day you'll find a clone that kind of smells like rks , but I doubt it...

I have had roadkill skunky plants growing for about a decade. A year or two ago I took my roadkill clone from selfed seed 90s grow(thats an S1 of the roadkill skunk from 1981 origination period), and crossed it to some things. I have a lot of seeds to work with. Many tested so far have the roadkill reek, or very close.

I am not trying to cash in on anything. If i do find an amazing example of the roadkill it would be worth lots of money though.

kro-magnon

Veteran
Vanilla cow shit sounds like a trendy new Ben and Jerry’s flavour ....

However, I shit you not

Quote:
The reason why pre-grated parmesan tastes of vomit is that parmesan cheese contains two short-chain fatty-acids called butyric and isovaleric acid, which are the very same ‘sweaty feet’ chemicals contained in our vomit and body odour smell. Grating the parmesan intensifies this effect. However, research by the Fragrance Foundation has demonstrated that when phials of these acids are labelled 'parmesan' people rate them positively. When phials of exactly the same material are labelled 'vomit', on the other hand, they get a negative reaction. So, perception plays an important role in smell and taste.

Source:https://qi.com/infocloud/cheese[/QUOTE

That's interesting experience but I think there is more chemicals involved in the smell than just those acids you can find in sweaty feet, vomit and parmesan cheese.
You're right for Ben&Jerry cow shit vanilla, some japanese companies are doing artificial vanilla smell by extracting the specific chemical from cow shit and mixing it with other chemicals, in the doc there was images of the factory extracting the chemical from cow shit. In french the chemical is called "lignine",I don't know in english how it's called.

Last edited:

Arkansux

I have had roadkill skunky plants growing for about a decade. A year or two ago I took my roadkill clone from selfed seed 90s grow(thats an S1 of the roadkill skunk from 1981 origination period), and crossed it to some things. I have a lot of seeds to work with. Many tested so far have the roadkill reek, or very close.

I am not trying to cash in on anything. If i do find an amazing example of the roadkill it would be worth lots of money though.

Dont mean to seem like an ass but..........
Ive been online for 20yr , in that time its been proven 99.9% of everyone online is full of shit.

Until someone proves theyre different everyone goes into the lier/ bullshit/scam artist pile.

and dude just those 2 sentences you said makes no since ,

" Many tested so far have the roadkill reek"

" If i do find an amazing example of the roadkill it would be worth lots of money though"

so which is it ,
you have seeds that rks plants can be found in?
or , If you EVER happen to find one you plan on trying to cash in?

Im done with rks threads ,I get enough bs and lies on news channels... besides if 1 is ever found itll be major news so no need to even be in any of these....
well goodluck on your search , or growing your rks plants or whatever....

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I don't feel any need to prove anything to you.

I started smoking real skunk in 1982, smoked it for 20 years and more. I know what I have, and what is the real deal. Believe what you will, it doesn't effect me (except to make me type this response :) ).

And, those sentences make perfect sense. Just because a plant has roadkill odor, doesnt make it the excellent plant the original was. One has to search to find that stellar lady again. I just had one S1 from the roadkill skunk. Work is needed to spring out the past, f2s etc.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Nature Farm Sk18 is NOT a Pure RKS line, and he states as much. He is also trying to more isolate the RKS pheno, but not bottleneck the genetic diversity.

He went through over 400 plants.. M/Fs, to find the very few he wanted to use to try and more isolate the pheno. But not at the expense of genetic diversity. If you followed him, you would know, and you can see every plant, and description hes gong to use in the project.
I simply don't see how he could be any more transparent???
He alsohas the Open Pollination Line, that is nt concerned with isolating the RKS. Hes trying, NOT CLAIMING.

Just like Duke Diamond VA.... He trying too, and I buy his stuff to. Going to start the Local Skunk, and a pack of the UF Sk18 in a few weeks.
1 buddy already went through 3 packs of the UF Sk18, and found a really close 1 as to what 1 would call dead skunk, but most will qualify for skunk spray at the least, and can be smelled down the block if you aint got it contained.

My buddy has it in his concrete basement, and you can smell it out in the yard.

He also has his stuff Phylos Tested to see what it is, and what relatives it may have, of which it has 0000000 Relatives, which Should also Confirm 1 Piece of the Puzzle that the claims it is an OLD STRAIN STAND UP, as it has 00000 Modern Relatives. As in NONE. NADA.
How many strains I wonder can Phylos test, and have 0000, Relatives????? This means it has 000000 modern genetics of any kind, way, shape, or form. So it IS UNMOLESTED from the Modern Gene Pool, which for me, is a HUGE ++++, and should be for anyone wanting to add more vigor/breeding..adding non related genetic material. If its potent, which it is. Its a Win/Win for Breeding.

TNF does not to claim to have RKS, only that there are phenos to be found, but you have to search. It took him 400+ plants to find 4-5 M/F plants that had the traits he was looking for.

Even the 80s Super Sativa Seed Club M9... Sk1.... had to be searched through to find any kind of RKS. It was in the 1984 catalog. M9

Then they bred Thai into it as if you look at the description on Leafy, and Sensi Seeds, you will see they advertise theirs as having Thai in it.

They could also be mistaken, but the Sk18, has 0000 Thai in it.

UF Sk18 has No Such Outcross, and was what was probably used to start breeding the RKS out of it. Maybe not, but its well known Skunkman culled all the RKS/REEK out of it, and outcrossed it for more floral scents.

Sk18 is Before the cross. Sk 18 is Columbian Red/Gold x Acapulco Gold x Mazar I Shariff. No Thai

The Nature Farm Guy is also not the only 1 claiming to be finding some RKS phenos. You may have to search, and Instagram wont let you copy/paste, or I would show grows from others way removed from U Mello, that are finding old school Skunk, and like I said, I could care less if its dead on RKS, as long as it is unmistakenly REEK/SKUNK, eye burning funk.BUt some are reporting RKS phenos.

And even though Elmer Bud and I have squabbles ( I do think he can have good info, but we agree to disagree is how I look at it )

If Im right, he believes the Sk18 may be the line that was stressed tested for stability, and vigor, and is what preceded Sk1.

I believe what we mostly disagree about is the age/origin, and ratman…

But I can tell you I was buying all of this stuff when it first came out in the catalogs,a nd advertised in HT in 84 I believe it was. The stuff was also sent from Santa Barbra Ca. NOT HOLLAND. Cali post mark. So that stuff was inside USA. You sent cash to Holland.

Duke Diamod VA also has a Mother Plant called Pole Cat... Is that a Skunk???

Clackamas COOT has had an original RKS pheno since 1985.

There is also Nothing really Sweet about Sk18 from what I can tell. Its chemical acrid funk, garlic onions, skunk spray, cat piss, with a hint of flowers.

But all in all TNF does not say it is an RKS line, as there NEVR has been a pure RKS line. EVER.

Its also not worth arguing over about whether RKS started in the 80s, as it was already stabilized when ratman brought it to Holland in the early 80s. so that tells ya, it had already had to have been worked, and stabilized, and that takes many generations, and they really werent using HID then. It was the beginning of HID in 1978. I was there. Got the 1st bulb. Came from the Nuclear Sub program, where they were growing veggies in the sub to be more self sufficient.

But the bulb Halide, was really fragile, and they wouldnt Warranty the Shipping. Then 4-5 months later a new more rugged light came out called the Super Nova 1000w. They also had the Octagarden.

I also had the original Isomerizer from 1974, and got caugh making oil by my uncle in my bedroom when I was 16.
Smoke my 1st weed in 1966.
To tell me I didnt see Skunk in the early 70s is uneducated. Grew my 1st plant in 1971. Not Skunk. Oaxacan... Got busted for weed when I was 13 in 71. Started in 66 with my older sisters boyfriend. He was 15.

Last edited:

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I knew a guy who was a trucker and went from Vancouver to Cali a lot. In the late 70's, they had something up there called california supergreen, which was kickass, but not skunk. Then in 81 he brought back 13 or so clones of what was just called skunk weed. So in that area of Cali and his connects, I'd say the skunk showed up there in right around 1980, as the supergreen was the best around there before that. Not sweet, golfball lime green super dense. Indica dominant plant.

troutman

Seed Whore
Sk18 is Before the cross. Sk 18 is Columbian Red/Gold x Acapulco Gold x Mazar I Shariff. No Thai

Where does it say that? I've never seen a mention of Colombian Red before.

All I see is Colombian Gold x Afghani x A. Gold on his webpage. :tiphat:

I checked it's Phylos entry and it doesn't show A. Gold or Afghani either as relatives.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
And even though Elmer Bud and I have squabbles ( I do think he can have good info, but we agree to disagree is how I look at it )

If Im right, he believes the Sk18 may be the line that was stressed tested for stability, and vigor, and is what preceded Sk1.

G `day AT

K , Nevil bought SK #1 -7.1 from Sam in 1983 ?.
He later obtained the more worked 18.2 . So 18.2 is later 1980s Dutch Skunk !

Proto skunk ??? Its seemingly 11 generations advanced from the stuff from 1984 .

Quit trying to make up sexy stories to promote .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

GoatCheese

Veteran
1 buddy already went through 3 packs of the UF Sk18, and found a really close 1 as to what 1 would call dead skunk, but most will qualify for skunk spray at the least, and can be smelled down the block if you aint got it contained.

My buddy has it in his concrete basement, and you can smell it out in the yard.

He also has his stuff Phylos Tested to see what it is, and what relatives it may have, of which it has 0000000 Relatives, which Should also Confirm 1 Piece of the Puzzle that the claims it is an OLD STRAIN STAND UP, as it has 00000 Modern Relatives. As in NONE. NADA.
How many strains I wonder can Phylos test, and have 0000, Relatives????? This means it has 000000 modern genetics of any kind, way, shape, or form. So it IS UNMOLESTED from the Modern Gene Pool, which for me, is a HUGE ++++, and should be for anyone wanting to add more vigor/breeding..adding non related genetic material. If its potent, which it is. Its a Win/Win for Breeding.
Hi.
I think Phylos shows "no relatives" to this UF SK18 because Phylos has been updating the platform of their website and the new version isn't working as it's supposed to, and this new Phylos-platform doesn't seem to be making connections among the samples normally. = Many samples that showed relatives before they updated the platform aren't showing them now.

So i don't think UF SK18 is genetically so rare it wouldn't have known relatives on Phylos, rather Phylos-web page isn't working right

Here are few posts i have writen about this Phylos-problem earlier
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8284691&postcount=85
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8315953&postcount=98
:)

ambertrichome

Veteran
Phylos test shows NO RELATIVES. Site works for me, and Nature farm also has it posted on Instagram.

The Phylos testing company says it has 0000 relatives. They even came on another forum a while back stating as much. Not just Nature Farm. the company that tested it came on the thread verifying the results.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Okay, white elephant in the room..... If they already stated the lineage as col. x afg x a.g , it must have lots of known relatives?

ambertrichome

Veteran
Not Modern 1s. Just because something says it is such, and such does not mean it came from the same genetic lines.

You've also got to remember NIXON Paraquated most of the strains in Mexico, and are all but gone, so newer genetics came it to replace them.
Many of the old genetics from Mexico were completley gone by 1976/77.

Operation Intercept began in 1969.

It started with the drought of 1974.. Remember that 1??? Thats when all Mexican disappeared, and was starting to be replaced by Columbian.

Only Mex that was coming in was paraquat tainted.

1 buddies little brother had a stroke in 1975, from smoking Paraquat sprayed weed. I wouldnt smoke it.

It smelled of Diesel, and would catch on fire when you lit it up, or would burst into flames when it was smoked.
There was also some that smelled like Cat Food, and would also burst into flames.

You have to go back and research, and see that many of these old genes are long gone, except for a few people that luckily kept them around.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Phylos test shows NO RELATIVES. Site works for me, and Nature farm also has it posted on Instagram.

The Phylos testing company says it has 0000 relatives. They even came on another forum a while back stating as much. Not just Nature Farm. the company that tested it came on the thread verifying the results.

So why does Skunk #1 say no relatives either. Its obviously bullshit, figure it out.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Original Sk1 IS Sk18.

This Sk1 they tested is from a clone mother from 1979. Golden Coast Genetics. FACT.

If you look at the Phylos test, this a a PLANT FROM 1979, of which a lot of people on this website say Sk1 wasn't even around in 79, thus verifying that Sk1/18 was around in the 70s.

Also notice the Sk1, and the Sk18, have the Exact Same Phylos Test.

Skunk #1 Pheno 1 1979
Submitted by
Golden Coast Genetics
Test Date
December 12, 2016
Gal ID
GAL992
Analysis Version
Genotype ID
GL851

NOTICE THE PART WHERE IT SAYS THE PLANT IS FROM 1979.

This is a plant from 1979 sir, not modern day Sensi ect.... Sk1.

This IS Sk18. Both are the same. Get It??? This 79 version is also before it was crossed with Thai. It was crossed up with Thai, and culled for the REEK, and bred for sweet, in the 80s/90s.

The Phylos Test is the EXACT SAME as the Sk18, VERIFYING SK18 ALSO GOES BACK TO AT LEAST 79.

You also know Golden Coast Genetics.... FOLLOWS THE NATURE FARM, ON INSTAGRAM??? THEYRE FRIENDS?????

GoatCheese

Veteran

People from Phylos came to a forum to talk about Fester's Skunk and said nothing Phylos has matches it? Got a link?

I find that abit strange thou, because if you take time to read the Phylos-page for the Fester's Skunk sample sent in by Natural Farms Genetics, the information on this page state that Fester's Skunk DOES HAVE genetically related samples at Phylos.

https://phylos.bio/sims/sample/genotype/z81vn5z8

picture.php

Read the parts i have under lined with red
It states that the genotype of the Fester-sample is COMMON among the samples at Phylos. among other things.

Sure this relatives-table below shows no relatives, but so it is with many other samples as well (because the new plat form isn't working as it should, as i have said), but if you take time to read the whole page, the information clearly states that this Fester's Skunk-sample has similar genetic material at Phylos database.
picture.php

It's not rare to see these blank relatives-tables on Phylos as i have said in my posts on Phylos-threads. Many sample-pages that showed genetic-relatives on the table before the web page update now show a blank = no relatives.

So if someone from Phylos really came to some forum to tell that Fester's Skunk has no relatives at Phylos database, i wonder if he/she knows what the F*** hir is talking about, cause Phylos-webpage clearly states otherwise.

-
-

So that this doesn't turn into pointless arguing about Phylos-site, because i'm right, i will show you the proof Phylos isn't working normally and some information has disappeared since the update with the Phylos platform.

Here's a X18 sample from DNA:
https://phylos.bio/sims/sample/genotype/eg5r66v8

Here's how the relatives-table for this X18 looked like in August 2017:
picture.php

And today there's not even a table for this sample, only a text claiming "No Relatives Found".

picture.php

ambertrichome

Veteran
Phylos test determines Parentage. No Surprise there are distant relatives, but the Sk1/18 is the Originator of the distant genes. The distant genes do not make up the Sk1/18. Other way around.

The SK1/18 is NOT DERIVED FROM ANY MODERN RELATIVES. Of course there are going to be traces of these genetics in other strains, as Sk1 was 1 of the most used/bred plants there is.

Phylos test says is the SK18 has 000 modern genetics In ITS GENETICS.

Its true there is Sk genes in other strains, but that does not mean the are responsible for the genetics of the Sk1/18. Only that there are traces of Sk1/18 in other genetics, from subsequent breeding decades before, so the test will pick those genes up.

The Phylos test says the Sk1/18 has No Modern Parentage, this confirming the genes are not common, and come from unmolested genetics.

The 79 plant, and the Sk18 have the EXACT same Phyols Report, of which I didn't know, and never researched, but confirms the 79 Sk1, and Sk18 are the same plant, and thanks for the info.
But the Phylos tests determines Parentage. Sk1/Sk18 has 000000 Modern Genetic Parental Genetics.

And it tests exactly as the 79 Gold Cost genetics Sk1.