What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Algae

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Green Algae slime is showing up in my 6" deep flood trays. A little is also evident on the coco surface in the pots. The 2x4 trays are getting the flood twice per day with a pretty quick cycle of 4 minutes to fill and 4 minutes to empty using 20 gallons of nutes.

I was thinking about going to 1 flood per day and letting it dry out more but the plants are in week 4 of bloom and using about 4 gallons per day. The plants are doing extremely well with this program and I don't want to mess that up. Initially we cleaned out the trays and I will scrape off the affected coco from the pots. Should I just go with that?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Is there any way you can cover the tray after you clean it. If so.....problem solved.

Not really, It's a 5x5 tent with two 2x4 flood trays. Three bushes in each tray fill it up pretty well and require regular turning or repositioning. It wouldn't be a big deal to clean out the trays every week or two to keep it from propagating. The reservoir is covered.

eebbnflow

Not really, It's a 5x5 tent with two 2x4 flood trays. Three bushes in each tray fill it up pretty well and require regular turning or repositioning. It wouldn't be a big deal to clean out the trays every week or two to keep it from propagating. The reservoir is covered.
black and white poly with a razor knife . I ended up having to cut strips of poly to cover the area and taped it together like a puzzle . I used empty pots to keep the poly at pot level and to keep it off the tray bottom . Light +water = algae bloom . Keep the light out