What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For All The New Outdoor Growers

PureSativa420

good to know about the garden claw :)! dont want to waste money on some tool thats just going to break on me!

that folding shovel is mighty nice though, dont think your going to break it to easily!

G

if a lot of the newer growers actually read that it should definitely cut down on a ton of the pointless questions

PureSativa420

irishSoCo said:
if a lot of the newer growers actually read that it should definitely cut down on a ton of the pointless questions

thats why i made it!, but i dont kno whos exactly reading it but the views are growing more and more each days so i know someone is finding the information very useful, they can even ask question in here! would be better off a sticky but oh well 1 can only hope ;)

G

Guyute54

PureSativa420 said:
thats why i made it!, but i dont kno whos exactly reading it but the views are growing more and more each days so i know someone is finding the information very useful, they can even ask question in here! would be better off a sticky but oh well 1 can only hope ;)
Wally said he would make this a sticky in a PM I don't know if he forgot or if he's still busy. Guess I'll shoot him another PM in a few weeks if its still not up there.

Pod Racer

Excellent thread 420, very informative....me likey. :yes: Maybe you could contribute some of your knowledge over on my foliar thread, I'm sure we could use your experience. I saw you where using the aspirin tech. are you using the 81mg tabs or much higher? There is a ref to it on my thread by the maven of apirin foliar feeding. I've been discovering a lot of interesting new information. Love your spin. Thank you for contributing your time and effort to helping educate us all. We need more like you in the world. :respect:

Cheers.

PureSativa420

thanks buddy :), maybe ill stop over to the foilar feeding part of the boards and see whats up over there, i believe i did read a lil bit on it and looked like you had it down and needed no help at all :D

im not to sure what mg the asprin are :(, never really looked jus dropped 1 per gallon of water and went on my marry lil way :D

Pod Racer

I was asking cause all I could find uncoated were like 326mg or such, which according to the queen of aspirin feeding (the Master Gardener that made all take notice) states that only 81mg is necessary and was wondering if there wasn't a toxicity issue. That is all.

But join the Foliar thread anyhow, the more the merrier no? :yes:

PureSativa420

im not to sure if these is a toxic level that the asprin will harm the plants, but i belive theyre the same around 326mg a piece, olderstone told me about the asprin trick long ago on OG, hes around on here so he would have more information on how many MG of asprin per gallon of water

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Yep, this thread needed to be a sticky! I suspected it would become one, good job PureSativa420.

PureSativa420

thanks BC, im glad it became a sticky as i got tired of bumping it and it went inactive last year for quite sometime till i brought it back this year :)

Skully

I am glad I found you guys. I have always planted in 5 gal. nursery pots , and it is high maintenance to keep watered . By planting directly in soil does it eliminate the amount of maintenance needed to tend a grow ? I would have to water daily towards the end of bloom . Humping water in 5 gal. buckets everyday gets an old man older quicker . I think I will take a 7 gal. nursery pot with me and dig a hole that it will fit in , then back fill it with Pro-Mix and give it a run this year . Good luck to all , and glad to meet all of you .

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Dig down, your soil should be nice and moist under a few inches, at least not dry! The deeper you dig the more moisture is naturally in the soil (retained mostly from the last time it rained) its deep so it dosent dry out. Thats one of the great things about outdoor growing! The soil and subsoil often contain a lot of water remnants from the last time it got wattered/rained so its great to plant directally in the ground if you can!

G

Guyute54

Skully said:
I am glad I found you guys. I have always planted in 5 gal. nursery pots , and it is high maintenance to keep watered . By planting directly in soil does it eliminate the amount of maintenance needed to tend a grow ? I would have to water daily towards the end of bloom . Humping water in 5 gal. buckets everyday gets an old man older quicker . I think I will take a 7 gal. nursery pot with me and dig a hole that it will fit in , then back fill it with Pro-Mix and give it a run this year . Good luck to all , and glad to meet all of you .
Planting directly in the ground will definatly help reatain moisture. Your still going to have to water most lickley but this should cut it down alot. Water holding polymers will help also. Another option is to build a reservoir. I have no experiance with this so I'll let someone else explain it or do a search theres a few threads about making reservoir's.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Skully said:

Guyute54 and Deft, yep yep!

Welcome to IC Skully! Planters above the ground are more exposed to the effects of the sun and wind, water is more quickly stripped from the planters soil than the grounds soil.

I like the idea placing pots in the ground, or lining the holes sides with sheet plastic to help slow moisture being sucked away by neighboring soils, I'm going to try it myself this year.

PureSativa420

also buckets or pots are easily visible from the sky if you have flyovers then being placed in the ground and covered up with natural soil and hidden among other natural plants :)

i do both in the ground and in pots and the pots dry out much quicker then the ground and as youve experienced in the dead heat of the summer your out there every 2 or so days watering your plants and bustin ya ass taking care of them, as if you put the pots in the ground its much cooler and they retain the water more efficently :)

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
i used a bucket on the ground. it needed watering every week. i missed a few days and it died.

Pod Racer

I got snow up here, and the planes have been overhead today twice. Helicopter a few days ago, you guys be careful out in open. I'm catchin a lot of low flying aircraft about 1 pm and at 5 pm evenings. Running the wooded creek lines and crops. Make sure to show them your love. :moon:

PureSativa420

im getting flucuatin weather was in the 50s now in the 20 and 30s no snow but lots of rain so far :), hopefully within a few week to a month itll warm up and stay steady instead of going up and down!

sheltieman

New grower

New grower

I'm kinda of a new grower an plan to grow on my back deck in 5 gallon buckets. I do'nt have a bunch of bucks to spend. What kind of dirt would be good? I've used miracle grow an fish emalsion alternating weeks. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Keep on smoking

Latest posts

Latest posts