Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread

Thread Title Search
The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 08:57 AM #31
redlaser

redlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant future
Nice posts growincrazy, lots of useful info and ratios. What is the TSP by the way?
redlaser is offline Quote

Old 04-15-2018, 03:50 PM #32
bsgospel

bsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nice
Triple Super Phosphate 0-45-0 or 0-46-0

Great way to kick it off GC.

I've been looking at the tsp and calphos, too. Was thinking of starting with a little bit of both in the mix, watering more often with calphos and leaving the TSP to do its thing over time. Which seems to be in line with your watering and boost schedule but I can see myself getting greedy and going heavy in both the mix and feed. It'll be my Tiger Bloom disaster of 2011 all over again! Lol

The notepad I've been compiling mix and feed ideas here on my desk looks strikingly similar to your mix. Think I'm headed in the right direction. I might end up with a slightly different micro balance and I'd like to get some biochar in there, too. It's becoming a Slow-meets-Coot mishmash. I can hear both camps now: What? Why?!
bsgospel is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:30 PM #33
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks BSG.

I listed the TSP and Calphos depending on what folks choose to use. I get better results with all Calphos in the mix and in feeds, but it is more expensive and harder to get.

I will post the PPM of those solutions later to make it easier on everyone.

On a real soil, I do feed and mix soil as we have been talking about in the SlowN thread and care for it Coot/LOS style.

Soilless doesn't seem to respond the same without some real soil in the mix, when cared for like real soil.
growingcrazy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:49 PM #34
bsgospel

bsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nicebsgospel is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by growingcrazy View Post

On a real soil, I do feed and mix soil as we have been talking about in the SlowN thread and care for it Coot/LOS style.

Soilless doesn't seem to respond the same without some real soil in the mix, when cared for like real soil.
And this is where I need to flex some more. I've been doing soilless for so long and with ridiculous CEC considerations that I want to build something that not only sustains for years but is something that I can also steer and make quick turns if I have to.

Here's to not burning the whole thing down with iron and copper sulfate!

Old 04-16-2018, 03:05 AM #35
VortexPower420

VortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really niceVortexPower420 is just really nice
I'm trying to do the slow/cc combo but hate to call it that.

I try and balance most things that go into my soil and let the microbes figure out the rest.

Seems to be working pretty well. Still ironing out some kinks.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:24 AM #36
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexPower420 View Post
I'm trying to do the slow/cc combo but hate to call it that.

I try and balance most things that go into my soil and let the microbes figure out the rest.

Seems to be working pretty well. Still ironing out some kinks.
What type of kinks are you running into?

I am not a big fan of the CC mix. Too much EWC for my liking, which brings along many excesses.

The other key with a CC style mix is watering. Very few people that I have witnessed running a mix that heavy on EWC know how to water it properly. It just holds moisture for far too long.

For those of you with questions...ask them. You are not alone in any question you may have.

After doing this a while I may forget to mention a detail or point just simply because it is part of the routine now... Speak up and we will do our best.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:41 AM #37
bsgospel

Yep- unless I fed those worms myself, I can't trust it. There's only 1500 other sources of N or bacteria. I think the neem meal is groovy, though.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:47 AM #38
growingcrazy

NPK breakdown on those earlier listed solutions

10 gallon Flower/veg base 1-2-1 balanced

N 95
P 100 (227 p205)
K 101 (122 k20)
Mg 37
Ca 300
S 80
Fe 0 (plenty from compost)
Zn 1
B .5
Cu 1
Mn 1.5
Mo .25
Si 40

Veg base High N

N 160
P 106 (241 p205)
K 115 (139 p205)
Mg 32
Ca 300
S 68
Fe 0
Zn 1
B .5
Cu 1
Mn 1.5
Mo .25
Si 60

PK boost

N 0
P 100 (227 p205)
K 100 (121 k20)
Mg 0
Ca 0
S 50
Fe 0
Zn .29
B .25
Cu .21
Mn .33
Mo .12
Si 0

BSG, what do you set your micros at?

Last edited by growingcrazy; 04-16-2018 at 07:25 AM..

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:50 AM #39
growingcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsgospel View Post
Yep- unless I fed those worms myself, I can't trust it. There's only 1500 other sources of N or bacteria. I think the neem meal is groovy, though.
We have a worm farm in my area that pushes product in any garden related store it can... highest Mg and Na I have ever witnessed from castings... So many people chasing their tale by purchasing a "good local" product...

Old 04-16-2018, 01:58 PM #40
bsgospel

For the blend at work (peat/perlite) we use the kelp4less micro pack + whatever stage of bloom mix- not sure where those get us, but the micro is roughly-
Mn - 3.6 ppm~
Fe/Mg - 7 ppm~
B/Mo - ? but it's not nearly enough. I find boron def all the time by week 4.

At home, coco/perlite, Jacks/Everis Peters 5-11-26 equivalent. (ppm)
Fe - 3
Mn - .5
Zn - .15
Cu - .15
B - .5
Mo - .1
However I use slightly less than the label rate so those numbers are a little high. For coco, it's dope. No issues with those metals/things are super healthy.

For the soil/coco/compost in the back yard we're building I want to use the BioAg TM7 they have at customhydro.
Sulfur(S)..................... ...2%
Copper (Cu)............0.31%
Boron (B).................0.37%
Iron (FE)......................1.2%
Cobalt (Co).............0.05%
Manganese (Mn)......1.2%
Molybdenum (M0)..0.1%
Zinc.......................... ......0.7%

I like that Fe:Mn, copper should be under 2ppm, and it's affordable at a gram/gallon

Last edited by bsgospel; 04-16-2018 at 02:09 PM..