What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All this talk about vitamin B what about vitamin D

Just by having an outdoor garden, all pf your plants are getting Vitamin D correct? Or do humans just get vitamin D from the sun by synthesizing another chemical through the skin? If plants don't naturally get vitamin D from the sun, is it something they really need?

Tacoavenger17

This research seems fascinating as does the topic, I'll definitely be watching this closely to see if it's a good idea to try myself.

M

moose eater

A former Doc, as well as a current Doc, have stated that D3 is one of the most important vitamins/supplements for humans, and aids in the processing of calcium, maintenance of bones structure, and immune system.

One of them stated it's the ONLY supplement he gives any credibility or merit to the ingestion of.

I suspect there are many vitamins or minerals in the world that benefit humans in similar/same ways as to what they do for plants.

I'd have thought sunlight (even if a suitable full spectrum artificial light) would be sufficient to provide enough, but maybe not?

Cool thoughts and ideas.

A new (to me/us) direction in aiding plant health? Bolstering immune systems and use of calcium? Good for me, good for my ganja? Why not? Worth a shot?

M

moose eater

Record size pumpkins and other fruit & vegies, have been augmented by feeding milk through wicks/straws. .So... maybe there was a lot to do with the Vitamin D in those cases?

Latest posts

Latest posts