Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > RECENT interesting findings

Thread Title Search
RECENT interesting findings Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2015, 06:36 PM #31
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
To be honest you have not kept up with the latest in DNA sex tests, I bet you are thinking Mandolino or the Japanese? That is about to be left behind. When I am permitted I will post what I am talking about. Until then I will continue to work on a DNA marker test for intersex, I also hope you work on "not genes or DNA, but functions, pathways, control mechanisms, that sorta things. In the end it could be different sets/activities/expression levels of enzymes (has been found but not very accurate), hormones concentrations (has been found for example for auxins but I don't remember if monoecious varieties have been tested as well), or something entirely new or unthought of." That should keep you busy? And in the end we may have both? Better male testing is just around the corner, that I know for sure. But I want intersex tests, that is what I could use and a lot of other people also.
-SamS
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:16 PM #32
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud of
To be honest, that's the dam reason I asked! And what do I get from you? As usual, a carrot on a stick. Great, just freaking great!
YES PLEASE, DO GET PERMITTED TO TALK ABOUT.

Again, no. I do not work with cannabis. That's just a hobby.

The first thing me and most others here could learn from you is not about cannabis but networking. You seem to have your hands everywhere and hence are likely to know who does what way before their work gets published (and even proprietary stuff which never will).
You could at least be so kind and explain to me the principle of such a test* you are working on (or letting work on or whatever).
*Is it a random DNA sequence or do you already have the knowledge what exactly links genetic predisposition with sex expression or hermaphroditism? Is it a 'Mendels' gene (recessive, dominant etc.), a QTL, something else? Just give us something, PLEASE!

(Sorry, it keeps saving the post automatically...)

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 06-28-2015, 08:50 PM #33
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
I will talk when I can, until then I will suggest we will have the ability to determine intersex before long, and better male DNA tests before years end.
-SamS

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:22 PM #34
Ollie

Ollie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really niceOllie is just really nice
Thanks for pushing the knowledge towards us, much appreciated ..

The contributing Work of Yours, is hard to descripe by sole words, due to its critical importance for us, the community ! Jah bless and thanks.

Big up
Ollie is offline Quote

Old 06-30-2015, 02:35 AM #35
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to all
No findings of interest, just free advice on article links and downloads.

The sciencedirect articles provide their own permalinks, where it says doi:; copy link location. Or add https://dx.doi.org/ to any and all doi's ever to do the same.

Of all those articles, only Size matters was not available at gen.lib.rus.ec, which is presently the last remaining part of Library Genesis. The article will probably be available later, if gen.lib.rus.ec is. Up to 2 weeks ago, those articles could've been downloaded from one of the libgen.domains; up to last week, at sci-hub - which probably would've given automatic access to the size matters article. But all those are gone, having irritated the Goliath of both science publishing and vampires, Elsevier - publisher of the sciencedirect articles.

If there is something you want to download from gen.lib.rus.ec then, do not delay. Enter the doi and search in scientific articles.
G.O. Joe is offline Quote

Old 07-01-2015, 12:07 PM #36
Mustafunk
Preserving the legacy

Mustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant future
Looking for Heslop-Harrison papers

Hi,

Does anybody have any publications or papers from Heslop-Harrison or any other related to the induction of flowering in Cannabis, the role of daylength, plant age or florigen and so on. Basically trying to undersand how flowering triggers and the maturation time could influenced. Or relation between maturation time and cannabinoid/terpene production.

I'm having some dificulties to find some of those:

Heslop-Harrison J, Heslop-Harrison Y. 1969. Cannabis sativa L. In: Evans LT, ed. The Induction of Flowering. Macmillan, 205-226.

Heslop-Harrison J, Heslop-Harrison Y. 1970. The state of the apex and the response to induction in Cannabis sativa. In: Bernier G, ed. Proceedings of the Symposium on Cellular and Molecular Aspects of Floral Induction, Liege, Belgium. Longmans Green, 3-26.

Heslop-Harrison J, Heslop-Harrison Y. 1958. Studies on flowering-plant growth and organogenesis - III. Leaf shape changes associated with flowering and sex differentiation in Cannabis sativa. Proc.Roy.Irish Acad. 59: 257-283.

Thanks.

Last edited by Mustafunk; 07-01-2015 at 12:29 PM..
Mustafunk is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2015, 10:47 AM #37
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

I posted a new hemp virus paper on the first page in the second group of posted articles,
maybe OO is interested? It can spread the virus by pollen or seeds......

Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 07-08-2015 at 02:40 PM..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:12 PM #38
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud of
Interesting indeed. Though it seems to be an asymptomatic virus (fortunately! I'm not complaining ).

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2015, 04:30 AM #39
G.O. Joe

G.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to allG.O. Joe is a name known to all
sci-hub .org is back online today and that size matters article mentioned earlier plus most anything else from the big publishers can be downloaded there, for now.
G.O. Joe is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2015, 01:02 PM #40
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

I tried sci-hub.org it worked fine.
-SamS