What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you drinking?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
@Tynehead Tom Yes, the shattering pressure of your average glass beer bottle can be deadly in close proximity, and I'm glad no one got hurt. Likely exploded during the warmer part of the afternoon. ;)

The elderberry sounds delicious, and I'd be very careful of the ice wine. Ice wine is made like ice beer, through a process of freezing it and removing some of the alcohol-free ice. When it returns to a liquid it has less water in it, so a higher ABV. ;) Thanks for reminding me of that. lol

right

Beers and bong hits

16982929218562790850371616976797.jpg

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Freeze distillation concentrates the methanol and fusel alcohol content as well.

Fractionated distillation cuts will go a long way to prevent hangovers.

I still enjoy an applejack, but I do so sparingly. Apples seem to ferment out with lots of methanol and sulfur/sulfide compounds....

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Two Hearted Ale by Bell's.

This is my second shower beer in a week... I've come to grips with that.

Larry sold the brewery a few years ago and I still can't tell by drinking the beer.

This IPA is still the same single hop beer that it was twenty some years ago.

Centennial hops are a personal favorite.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Whoever bought that bottle probably enjoys the thought of a sip being worth more than most make in their lifetime moreso than the whisky.

There's no way to get more than a hundred bucks in value into a 750 mL bottle in my opinion.

Anything more is just hype and greed.

I finished off a $55 bottle of E.H. Taylor last night and thought about how much money nutsacks pay for Pappy Van Winkle.

I'm guessing that the average buyer couldn't pick it out of a five shot lineup of lesser priced bourbons.

Because of the sticker shock being the main draw the stuff is unappealing to say the least.

What the market will bear is horrendous.

Latest posts

Latest posts