What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones drooping a bit after transplant. Overwatering?

EricLikezTomato

Yesterday, I transplanted 2 clones which were in 2x2" pots w/ Coco fiber into 2 Grodan blocks.

I pre-soaked each of the blocks in 5.5 pH balanced water for a couple hours before transplanting.

After transplanting, I additionally did a feeding using the 3-part General Hydropnics FloraSeries nutrients.

Additionally, It was suggested to use Recharge and Clonex Clone solution during the transplant.

24 hours after the transplant, one of the plants seems to be drooping a bit. To be fair, it seemed it might have been drooping a bit before judging by some pictures I had, but it doesn't seem to have gotten any better.

I am hoping if something is wrong, its still early enough.

Below are some pictures from different angles. One point of interest/concern is that the root ball when implanted into the block did not fill the hole 100%. I was told not too pack it in to tightly, but not sure what to do about that. Should that space be filled with anything?

Thanks for the help!

EricLikezTomato

Follow up - I increased humidity over night as well as transitioned to 20/4 schedule, so last night the clones got 4 hours of darkness. This explains the low temp as the picture was taken right when the lights came on.

The plants look the same for the most part, maybe a little bit droopier. I also moved the light a bit closer (its at about 11" right now whereas it was at 14" before).

The blocks are still pretty heavy.

Going to give it more time, but still looking for any advice. Not quite sure if its overwatering or not, seems to be the case from my end.

Latest posts

Latest posts