What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Window Grow! - Auto Purple Bud, Sensi Seeds, Amsterdam

CamJ

Hi guys! Brand new grower from Northern Ireland, living in Amsterdam. Got speaking to some of the guys at Sensi Seeds and the Cannabis College which made me want to learn to grow instead of just buying all the time. When you can just buy it on any corner, you tend to end up buying more, would you believe it? . :dunno:

So to begin, a little window grow. Still quite cold here but the flowers are breaking and the sun is shining through my South Eastern facing windows quite a lot. I don't smoke a huge amount, so before anyone states the obvious, I know I won't get a huge yield. I'm just learning the ropes and having some fun for the time being. An indoor tent is my goal.

I've got me some Autoflowering Purple Bud. I've germinated two seeds with the towel trick and now they've been on pots on my window sill for about 36 hours. Waiting patiently..

Any tips, tricks, help, advice etc is welcome! Also any other Dammers out there, shout out, keen to see other local grows.

CamJ

For the time being while they are germinating it's OK but when they sprout I will move them to where the picture is being taken from - out of plain sight but still getting all the sun.

Leads on to a very quiet street anyway above ground. Thanks though.

CamJ

Update Day 8. Seeds have sprouted above soil. Haven't kicked seed off yet but are about 1.5-2cm above ground.

They are currently getting 8-9 hours sun light, and then I sit them under my 50w LED hand light just for something a little bit extra. I know very amateurish, but I guess it's a little helping hand right?

Given them very small dosage of DCM Tomato Nutrients today.

Any tips to move things along? I don't have a cabin or anywhere to push air too, so potentially could upgrade LED light but can't find something that looks subtle enough to just hang out in my living room without being spotted from outside..

Anyone out there..haha

burmese

keep em at night with your 50w led, there is no problem with plants to move em every day back to window

CamJ

He is right, check the laws. It's only tolerated, but they can still fu@# you...

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/legal-status-cannabis-netherlands-overview/
Trust me guys, they couldn't care less about some bloke growing a couple for personal use, nor could they care about the thousands of tourists who walk around blazing one on the streets or canals.

"
The cultivation of cannabis is an offence, but 5 plants for personal use is tolerated. However, there is limit of one technical apparatus, for example, a hydroponics grow tent, grow light, or extractor system as two or more of those would suggest professional cultivation. Unfortunately, indoor growing generally requires two or more apparatuses.

Anyone found with 5 plants, but who is not a professional grower, will have the items confiscated, but will not be prosecuted.
"

However, when they grow big enough to see, they won't be in plain sight, as there is a bigger chance of being robbed, than the police knocking on the door.

CamJ

Update for Day 21. Pictures taken today. Now around 3/4 inches tall and getting taller for sure, but leaf is taking quite some time, I suppose as one would expect.

The better of the two was the seedling which kicked off the seed casing first, the other took a while and I had to give it some help as mentioned, so it seems to be struggling a little. Any tips?

They have been getting water every two days with a very small amount of recommended Tomato food (Just ramping that up, scared to give them too much).

Got to admit, I have ordered a 300W LED for my cupboard and a 6" Fan too, haha, I'm too impatient! :dance013:

Boxfarm

Hey Cam! Don't worry, the first couple weeks are usually pretty slow. Things will start moving along quickly. Have you looked into a cardboard box set up? With the LED light you ordered, a cardboard box and a couple pc fans, you could have a very successful grow. Of course if you already bought a 6" fan, my guess is you will be in a full grow tent set up by the time those girls are flowering. The only addictive quality of about marijuana is growing it. Sounds like you are hooked!

CamJ

Hey Cam! Don't worry, the first couple weeks are usually pretty slow. Things will start moving along quickly. Have you looked into a cardboard box set up? With the LED light you ordered, a cardboard box and a couple pc fans, you could have a very successful grow. Of course if you already bought a 6" fan, my guess is you will be in a full grow tent set up by the time those girls are flowering. The only addictive quality of about marijuana is growing it. Sounds like you are hooked!

Hey dude, yeah i’m hooked!! The tolerated attitude and little or no risk here has made it unbelievably appealing. Thanks for the insight..

I’m actually going to go with a cupboard I have. I got my light today so i’m going to post pictures and explanation below, please fire away! :woohoo:

CamJ

I hope you can see the picture OK. On mobile site which is pretty tough to navigate and use.

Anyway, my BESTVA 300w LED light arrived today. Amazon - €60. Made in China so I guess it doesn’t actually put out 300w but the reviews are good so here we are. Build quality seems good and lights are bright as shit so that’s a good starting point. I’m using a cupboard which is practically a small room which i’ve put shelves into for extra storage. Around 3 foot deep and 4 foot wide. 8 feet tall. So plenty of room. In the picture the plants are on top shelf to be closer to light but as time goes on I will drop the shelves and probably foil the place too.

I’ve hooked it it up and have my 6” clip on fan brushing a nice breeze past the plants to strengthen them and circulate air - QUESTION - I have no way of ventilating the cupboard so I have the door open about an inch with the fan going, is this enough ventilation for the plants?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=76003&pictureid

CamJ

picture.php