What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kevin Jodrey's skunk project

Boston Diesel

Bumping...curious if anything good has started to come from the skunk project grows.

I am reminded of the Mass Super Skunk we used to get in the mid/late 90s here in...um.. Mass. It was that intensely pungent smell that would stink up a neighborhood. It had very loose calyx balls, no real dense buds...just all those delicious balls on thin stems. Dark colors, almost blue. Very uplifting, clear and motivating effect, and the closest thing this super user has had that was maybe possibly "one hit" level. Was so coated and sticky the bag would just turn to a single lump and you would have to break out the little calyxes. Supposedly came from western Mass, which fits the earlier posts that it needs to grow in crap (I kid, I kid). The grower died, and that was it. I have been all over the world smoking and have never found anything like that strain again.

My other hunt is for the true haze...been way too long since I have experienced that full churchy incense pheno. Same story tho, no one wants to grow a 16week plant that yields 25 grams.

grayeyes

kevin Jodrey? When is his next SHAMWOW commercial? Too bad he doesn't have the guts to post his real ad "Need Sponsors. You pay me big money".

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
The RK Skunk comes from Afghani seeds. I was given seeds in 1979 in Humboldt, Brannen Mt. The neighbor who gave them to me said a friend(BOEL) went to Afghanistan and brought them back. They were called Kush, no skunk name, I still have seeds, but they will not sprout any more. They had almost round leaflets grew short 4-6' it was the first indica I ever grew, before that it was all sativas. The buds were hard and very greasy, smell was Road Kill all the way. When you smoked them it was like you were toking on a big pipe full of Black Afghani Hash, I used to think why did they bother making hash out of it when the flowers tasted to fukin good. I'd open a jar on one end of the house and my old lady upstairs on the other end would yell "I smell a skunk!"
Kevin Jodry is lookin in the wrong place if he's looking at plants like the one in that vid. with the narrow leaves. And this was in Central Humboldt, Willow Creek.

Shitty old picture of a picture of Kush 1979
picture.php

Last edited:

Oregonism

Something about the ghani rings true....this is conjecture, but maybe true.....I have a quote from Neville, how he "religiously" and "ruthlessly" tried to eliminate any of his stock of pure Ghani #1 and any hybrids. Is nevilles stock ever associated with RKS phenos? Because if Ghani #1 is the rks forebearer and Neville got rid of it, that would explain huge gaps of it missing from the mainstream, but still in small appearances...simply cause most things hybridized now are from Nevilles work.....of course Sam had a huge influence, but whose progeny is more broadly represented nowadays..... I still say neville crosses predominate the hierarchy....????

Now as bout that afghan t
........and phylos bullshit....what is jodrey thinkin much respect until meh muh....

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Funny how y’all judge Kev’s selections without even knowing what his goal is.

You assume he is looking for RKS.
He is not.

Kev is looking for the sweet, euphoric Skunk.
And he’s nailing that pretty well.

I found RKS in ‘14
Its no real mystery.

Interestingly, If you see MadJag’s letter he got from Sam when he ordered Skunk seeds, Sam says Skunk is pure Afghan in that literature.

Be well

LostTribe

Premium user
Funny how y’all judge Kev’s selections without even knowing what his goal is.

You assume he is looking for RKS.
He is not.

Kev is looking for the sweet, euphoric Skunk.
And he’s nailing that pretty well.

I found RKS in ‘14
Its no real mystery.

Interestingly, If you see MadJag’s letter he got from Sam when he ordered Skunk seeds, Sam says Skunk is pure Afghan in that literature.

Be well

If its no mystery where did you find it then?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
The RK Skunk comes from Afghani seeds. I was given seeds in 1979 in Humboldt, Brannen Mt. The neighbor who gave them to me said a friend(BOEL) went to Afghanistan and brought them back. They were called Kush, no skunk name, I still have seeds, but they will not sprout any more. They had almost round leaflets grew short 4-6' it was the first indica I ever grew, before that it was all sativas. The buds were hard and very greasy, smell was Road Kill all the way. When you smoked them it was like you were toking on a big pipe full of Black Afghani Hash, I used to think why did they bother making hash out of it when the flowers tasted to fukin good. I'd open a jar on one end of the house and my old lady upstairs on the other end would yell "I smell a skunk!"
Kevin Jodry is lookin in the wrong place if he's looking at plants like the one in that vid. with the narrow leaves. And this was in Central Humboldt, Willow Creek.

Shitty old picture of a picture of Kush 1979
View Image

G `day RC

Looks similar to the SK #1 Mad Jag grew in Arizona in the early 80s .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Something about the ghani rings true....this is conjecture, but maybe true.....I have a quote from Neville, how he "religiously" and "ruthlessly" tried to eliminate any of his stock of pure Ghani #1 and any hybrids. Is nevilles stock ever associated with RKS phenos? Because if Ghani #1 is the rks forebearer and Neville got rid of it, that would explain huge gaps of it missing from the mainstream, but still in small appearances...simply cause most things hybridized now are from Nevilles work.....of course Sam had a huge influence, but whose progeny is more broadly represented nowadays..... I still say neville crosses predominate the hierarchy....????

Now as bout that afghan t
........and phylos bullshit....what is jodrey thinkin much respect until meh muh....

G `day O

Sam has said no Affie #1 in Skunk .
Mazar I Sharif x Colombian X Mexican .

I think Affie #1 originally came from Mel Frank ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
G `day O

Sam has said no Affie #1 in Skunk .
Mazar I Sharif x Colombian X Mexican .

I think Affie #1 originally came from Mel Frank ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .

G'day EB

Affie#1 is from Mel Frank.He still shows old photos from the past of Affie#1.Btw Freezeland (Friesland indica x Pluton) has some of that Skunk odor too.

mack 10

Veteran
G `day RC

Looks similar to the SK #1 Mad Jag grew in Arizona in the early 80s .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Was gonna say the same thing.
The old skunks seemed to have long running colas.
Somewhere they used the wrong male and lost
That trait,.
Need to dig through some old stock to find anything like that.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
I remember tasting Dutch "Skunk" for the first time in the late 90's and asking WTF is this, this is not skunky at all.
Yeah KJ is not looking for RK skunk, he's been looking for Sensi Skunk all this time. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I remember tasting Dutch "Skunk" for the first time in the late 90's and asking WTF is this, this is not skunky at all.
Yeah KJ is not looking for RK skunk, he's been looking for Sensi Skunk all this time.

To many busts in the early 90s thnx to the Skunky aroma and there was no charcoal filters at the time.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah KJ is not looking for RK skunk, he's been looking for Sensi Skunk all this time.

That contradicts everything Kevin has ever said about this project.

He has stated numerous times he's looking for that Roadkill Skunk.

FireMids

Everything K Jode says is a contradiction or a fabrication. His nose don't work that great either.

Brought dabs to Humboldt first, 5 years after every else. "charcoal didn't exist, purp came from my backyard, I'm ex DEA but the kind you should trust". A walking taking collection of eye rolls.

Mr. J

He doesn't have shit. I wanted to believe but the more I hear from him the less excited I get. He's one of those guys who likes to talk a lot like he knows what he's talking about except he doesn't know fuck all. I finally had enough when he was talking about "glysiserides", lol, it's fucking "glycerides" you moron. As if his stupid accent wasn't enough, he doesn't even know the words he's trying to talk about. Where's the skunk??? Who knows but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Jodrey to re-invent it.

E

ESTERCHASER

it sucks having actually been exposed to that cultivar not seeing it anymore.
Always knew who was growing in the trailerpark down the road during high school because of that wafting skunk just sprayed your face 5 seconds ago pungent smell.........even in a bag.......fuk me running youd have to jar it up, shit it prob seep through glass that scent, yeah i miss it

Bud Jones

Everything K Jode says is a contradiction or a fabrication. His nose don't work that great either.

Brought dabs to Humboldt first, 5 years after every else. "charcoal didn't exist, purp came from my backyard, I'm ex DEA but the kind you should trust". A walking taking collection of eye rolls.
Links ? I could use some comic relief :)