What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY COB LED

StarGarden

First time build: If someone could take a look and see if I am missing any parts for this build, please let me know. Thanks so much.

(10) Cree CXB 3590s CD bin 36v
Angled aluminum for mounting
(10) Ideal COB Holders
(10) Ideal Angelina Reflectors and adaptors
(2) Mean well HLG-240H-C1400B drivers
(10) pre-drilled passive heat sinks 133*H70mm (50-60w)
18ga solid wire
Rivitor
Wire strippers
Thermal Paste
Drill, 1/8th bit
4-40 screws 1/4 in

Im mainly concerned about the heat sinks, if those would work....

thanks for any help or suggestions.

HappyDaze1369

Don't skimp on the quality of the Thermal Paste. Arctic Silver would be the best for performance and availability. Using passive cooling you want all the heat you can in the heatsinks as fast as possible.

Dion

make sure u use self tapping or sheet iron screws for the frame(i assume thats what ur drilling)

ur drill bit needs to be suitable for steel/metal, and for gods sake use some wd40!

Drmiller

Hey guys I'm looking to do something similar. I've watched hours of footage and think I can tackle the electrical side of setting up lights and drivers, but I'm struggling with the heat sinks and framing. Does anyone sell a build kit or a heat sink/frame kit? I know of one from Australia but looking for a discreet US option. Are the heatsinks star posted a good option?

I have flexibility in setup as it'll likely start as a smaller light that can be added into an eventual 4x8 setup. I posted in here as the op is proposing the same drivers and cobs.

SamsonsRiddle

First time build: If someone could take a look and see if I am missing any parts for this build, please let me know. Thanks so much.

(10) Cree CXB 3590s CD bin 36v
Angled aluminum for mounting
(10) Ideal COB Holders
(10) Ideal Angelina Reflectors and adaptors
(2) Mean well HLG-240H-C1400B drivers
(10) pre-drilled passive heat sinks 133*H70mm (50-60w)
18ga solid wire
Rivitor
Wire strippers
Thermal Paste
Drill, 1/8th bit
4-40 screws 1/4 in

Im mainly concerned about the heat sinks, if those would work....

thanks for any help or suggestions.

You forgot the "Mars Hydro LED - 100x3"

Latest posts

Latest posts