What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

But when my plants moved from t5 to the GB mounted on the top of the tent it really did not bother them. Def start off high with this light, then work your way down.

Reluctant to lower not so much out of a fear of burning, more of a loss of uniformity. I dont have a quantum sensor yet, so i cant tell if the light can go much lower, while maintaining even par out to the edges of the 3x3.

Scrappy-doo

Flip recommends bringing them as close as 24" safely. I ended up at 30" above the canopy but I was using 3 of them. With a single it seems like it could be taken closer as long as the light spread looks good. I would just go by sight as far as getting a good spead of light. Look for any shadowing within the canopy. Too low and you will start to see less penetration and shading within the canopy. You will see where it's getting the best spread. Closer isn't necessarily better with these.

One thing that I found very helpful was thinning the canopy out a bit with a light fan leaf defoliation wherever I could see it was a little thick and shaded. Especially with only one light it will bump your yield a bit imo, but depends also on how tight your tent is packed. I stuffed a bunch in there so it helped a lot for me.

I have been cutting away at shit below the screen, and when i see fan leafs shading a bud site, i either take if off, cut it in half, or tuck it so it now shading anything out. Ill take a pic tonight when the lights come on, i believe that in some areas in need to thin out my tops, in some squares (2x2") there are two, and even three bud sites. I am worried about mold and bud rot, so i am slowly thinning them out, i don't like to take too much to quick.

Yeah with one light i have had them 18-19" above with no problems, all the tops still look great.

Scrappy-doo

Did you try conserve sc for r.a's?
As a drench

Nope, I did a single dose of og biowar and then showered DE all over the floor, soil, and foliage for a few weeks. Have not seen any trace of them since.

Hope you're doing well brotha, havent heard from ya in a a bit.

Eh doing ok. I was a bit too ambitious thinking I could grow a pound of buds without raising any flags w my roommates. Although only 315 watts, I didn't really consider all the extras needed (additional veg room, fans, dehumidifier, ac, etc.) that all require more power. It all adds up.

Switching my focus outside for now.

Stardog

Scrappy! Here's one of those 91 BX's you brought me. This one stunted a bit while her sisters are much bigger but too far back in the room for a pic.:tiphat:
picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Nice work Stardog she's a beauty! How's the smell? Still haven't gotten around to running any of them yet so it's a real treat to see one all grown up.

Whenever you manage to hack your way through that jungle over there to the others I'd love to get a peek. Good to see ya mang! :ying:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Nope, I did a single dose of og biowar and then showered DE all over the floor, soil, and foliage for a few weeks. Have not seen any trace of them since.

Eh doing ok. I was a bit too ambitious thinking I could grow a pound of buds without raising any flags w my roommates. Although only 315 watts, I didn't really consider all the extras needed (additional veg room, fans, dehumidifier, ac, etc.) that all require more power. It all adds up.

Switching my focus outside for now.

Sup mang.... I got a say this cracked me up good n I needed it.... I thought I could grow a lb of bud without raising n flags with my roommates ..... First thing on your list should be bigger scrubber!!

Scrappy-doo

Thanks Stoney glad I could help get yer day started right!

Scrubber? Sheeeit bro I was rockin it with a paper towel dipped in ona clipped to my fan with a clothespin. Straight gangsta.

Stardog

Scrappy, she actually smells closer to a GG#4, there's a garlic kind of twang in there with some skunk. You wouldn't think it was any kind of chem but she still has a few weeks to go.:tiphat: It's a great plant with tight flowers and minimal stretch.

Stardog

Scrappy I'm about to bombard your thread with pics of one of the Chem 91BX x Chem 91BX clones you gave me. This one came out looking really nice. Rock hard flowers and a heavy bottom. I have 600 bare lamp hung vert right outside the table this bucket was on so the bottoms soaked up a bunch of light.. This first pic is from the T5 side of the plant. There is some hps over head but not much. She's coming down today so I took the pics a few minutes ago.:thank you:
picture.php

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey scrappy,,,
damn! bet they stink something awful/lovely:biggrin:,,,
great pics and girls look beautiful,,,
very nice scrappy,,
much respect buddy,,s2:tiphat:

Scrappy-doo

Very nice Stardog! This thread needed some pics.

Do you know what # this one is? How long u take her?

Nice frost on her I'm gonna guess this was #1 or 3. From what I could tell #1 looked to lean more towards tresdawg. Fat and bushy. #2 looked more 91 the stretchiest, and 3 somewhere in between.

Hope she smokes as good as she looks. Great job man slaying them dragons! :hotbounce