What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PNW Dogshit

T

thesloppy

Awesome info 3EV, just the kinda post I was looking for thx. Also glad to hear so many good folks confirm that she is indeed a remarkable lady, and worth remembering so fondly.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I knew a grower in the PNW who grew 1 Dogshit plant at a time indoors. He took them to over 110 days. Pure sativa that reminded me of the imports of the late 70's. My parents grew out a lot of those old imports and the smells were unforgettable. Pissy,lemon,herby,spice smells...Kind of hazy,but not quite like the hazes.

It's out there,but there are much better sativas to work with IMO
Peace CC1

mazar_man

do a search on charles xavier and you will find lots of info on dogshit. pretty sure he was the breeder or someone close, knows his stuff regardless.

MrDank

Veteran
I have one around day 55 of flower, and I started to flush her already.I planto take her to 75. She is an excellent plant. Very exotic

GuamTech

pnw dogshit is a columbian gold cross that a group of rastas around pdx and southern oregon got and stabilized the strain. One of the most hoarded strains. Strongest strain to date. Tried almost everything in Cali Amsterdam and lot of equatorial strains. Nothing comes close in strength and power of stone except an Equatorial landrace strain in the south pacific close to the MArianas trench. Og kush CHemdog gots nothin on this sativa that goes 11-15 wks of flowering and keeps growing huge throughout. Currently crossing and reversing the Dogshit, or what our group of friends call ds, to have seeds and backcross to have a complete and stabilized ds. DS is my favorite strain hands down and have tried hundreds.Seen friends handle it but nothing comes close to mine. Come to pdx and get blown out on my couch and sleep for hours. ill put up any strain towards my ds which i pull at around 13wks.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Ive had my ears open for a few years to see if it would come around in the Portland scene but come up craps. A few really amazing strains horded around here.....

Great thread

GS

T

thesloppy

Thx for the awesome, informative post GuamTech. Glad to hear she's still being hoarded and kept pure, here in puddletown (hey, what happened to the nice weather?).

Funny timing, as my long-time-ago roommate ran into an old friend just a couple days ago....who happens to be the guy who introduced me to the DS. I like that the whispers are picking up, I'm hoping she's slowly making her way back in my direction (and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too, George).

This fellow lived with a bunch of my friends, and I wasn't too clear on the when or the how or the why, but somehow they ended up with literally a 10-gallong cooler full of Dogshit back in (what I remember as) the summer of 1995. Might not necessarily sound like anything remarkable, and they were desperate to get rid of it, but I'd kill my mama for that thing now. Also happened to be going on a roadtrip with a close buddy at the time, and we took a zip of the dogshit with us, visiting friends in Cali, Vegas, and New Mexico, en route to general fuckery in New Orleans. Fun times blowing people's minds across the country with the DS.

Anybody got any pics?

T

thesloppy

My last attempts at garnering the ol' dogshit were unsuccessful (sad trombone goes here), so I put my quest on the back burner for awhile, but I was just reminiscing about favorites the other day, and may have to start my treasure hunt up, once again.

Anybody got any recent PNW DS viewings/stories to share?

P

Paco

So, I found this, seems to be to be the most reputable lineage I've been able to find on it. Pretty sure he was a part of the group that was responsible for it.

Greetings

California 'Dogshit': Big Sur Holyweed X 'Hippy-trail' Afghan.

Oregon 'Dogshit': 'The real' Big Bud Sativa phenotype X Northern Lights/Williams' Wonder.

Both lineages were selected for outdoor cultivation and as such, both perform tremendously better in said conditions.

(There are most certainly other hybrids referred to as 'Dogshit'; the lineages stated above are, as far as I'm aware, the only two verifiable ones…with the exception of a rare T.H.Seeds’ S.A.G.E. phenotype which also exhibits the described trait.)

Sincerely,
Charles.

T

thesloppy

Thx Paco. I suppose I could take a hack at trying to breed my own someday, with that lineage info, if I could only muster the time/space/effort.

T

thesloppy

Thx for the info DIDM, I'll keep my ears to the ground here in stumptown.

P

Paco

The Cali Dogshit was re-created by THseeds. the Fort collins cut is probably the phenotype he's describing. It has a nasty body odor funk. I would stay far away from Thseeds SAGE seeds these days. It's not at all the same plant it once was. good luck.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
The Cali Dogshit was re-created by THseeds. the Fort collins cut is probably the phenotype he's describing. It has a nasty body odor funk. I would stay far away from Thseeds SAGE seeds these days. It's not at all the same plant it once was. good luck.

no sir

this is the real deal OG, there is also catpiss, perfect rank strains

these ladies are OLD but still awesome

P

Paco

? I'm not sure what you mean? I'm just referring to SAGE. and the mention of the rare phenotype found from those seeds. Cali dogshit is it's own monster.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
? I'm not sure what you mean? I'm just referring to SAGE. and the mention of the rare phenotype found from those seeds. Cali dogshit is it's own monster.

this is the dogshit and catpiss, two different strains from when I first moved to PDX in 2001

the era of rank herb, the dirty diaper is one I wish was still in the circle, oh and Super Bill

P

Paco

Yeah dudeI've read the thread. Obviously you haven't. However if you read the thread, this was only a page back and is what I'm referring to.

Two different quotes.
Greetings

Oregon 'Dogshit': 'The real' Big Bud Sativa phenotype X Northern Lights/Williams' Wonder.

Both lineages were selected for outdoor cultivation and as such, both perform tremendously better in said conditions.

(There are most certainly other hybrids referred to as 'Dogshit'; the lineages stated above are, as far as I'm aware, the only two verifiable ones…with the exception of a rare T.H.Seeds’ S.A.G.E. phenotype which also exhibits the described trait.)

Sincerely,
Charles.

forgive me if my response seems churlish or petulant; most assuredly it is not my intent to be offensive and you have my freely-extended apology, if offense is taken. It is simply this: ChronicChris made an inquiry; I provided a response.

As I've stated: there are certainly other 'strains' referred to as 'Dogshit'. When you speak of the 'Portland cut' or the 'Humbolt cut', you are speaking of a specific (I presume) clone-only phenotype of an unknown hybrid; they very well may be the same 'cut'. I do not know, so I can not conclusively comment.

What I am speaking of are two independent inbred lines, one created in California and one created in Oregon; both called 'Dogshit' for the same (shared) plainly obvious reason. The California line dates to the early-Eighties, the Oregon line was created a few years later.

The lines are kept by a few dedicated and discerning cultivators (most of whom make me the object of good-natured ridicule because I attempt to disseminate information anonymously via the internet).

For the record: I did not "c[o]me up with those lineages"...I generally tend to only speak of what I know.

Sincerely,
Charles.[/QUOTE]

T

thesloppy

Interesting that they don't really seem all that related at all. Was the related naming intentional because of shared traits or just coincidental (Xavier seems to kind of imply the former, but it's not entirely clear)? I'm intending to grow her not only indoor, but in a cab. I hope I'm not being overly optimistic.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
right on, none taken

he was asking for the PNW DS, which is the portland cut I was talking about still being around.

my friends just recently got her back from some other friends in Seattle. Time to get her back out to the populace.

I want the pineapple dogshit back now too

:kos: