What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Solexx Greenhouse Anyone Got One?

L

LolaGal

I got this cool sample of Solexx greenhouse covering. You can't see through it, it diffuses light, and has a honeycombed insulation factor between two sheets of flexible plastic.

This material comes in rolls or panels.

I was wanting to order this, but can't find much on it in Search, so I thought I would holler at ya'll for advice!

Thanks.

I think there is a website if you wanna see what it looks like, but I haven't checked it out. I got their catalog instead.

greenhousecatalog

Anybody got any tips?

L

LolaGal

Any Solexx users out there?

This looks like the thing for growing weed. Can't see through it... sounds divine.

Rose56

Hey Lola! I have looked into these and would love one but they are pricey the small one I wanted at 4x4x6 was over $600.

L

LolaGal

Howdy LunaRose! Good to see ya old friend... :snowkiss:

Yup, they are pretty high, but if you break it down by square feet it ain't too bad if you buy a roll of the stuff. $1.25 sq foot.

They claim it don't mold, or get yellow, etc. Sounds like a big claim.

I want the 16 x 20 one... I think it is like $8K. eeek! I may have to just build one myself rather than get the kit. Kit would be so nice though.

(send yer donations to BR-549) lol

Rose56

Lola, Where did you get the sample? I won't mind replacing some of clear panels with some of theirs if I could make it fit. 16x20 that sounds nice I won't mind a GH that I could move around in comfortably without having to do acrobatics just to water my plants(G)

L

LolaGal

www greenhousecatalog dot com

this stuff looks so fine. we need it bad Rose!

how are them autoflowers treatin ya?

Rose56

Lola, Thanks. My guess is that will also improve the CFL's that I use in the GH if it really does defuse the light like they say. I'm just starting a new AF grow Mossey' Jems.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If ya dig these corugated plastic green house panels, Google "farm tek" for the best prices I've found.

I bought one of those Harbor Freight greenhouses & it was absolute crap for my location. After purchasing it I saw a friends that was identical get imploded by a gust of wind. A more robust frame might have avoided the problem.

No personal experience with the Solex brand however.

barnyard

farmtek is a great site...those poly covers would make for an easy carport cover...the solexx panels are for an atelier (studio workspace) that has room for a few plants...I need to figure out how to cut the panels and do the joints...one section is a 8'x7' wall with 24" on center stick 2"x4" wood framing that I want to sheath on each side with the 5mm panels...so its two 5mm panel on a 2"x4" frame...should be beefy enough, eh?

Chappi

Old post but I’ve been looking into this material for years, has anyone tried these recently? I live in socal but looking into an outdoor solution because fuck SDGE and their bullshit energy costs. I figure it takes me at least 1k watts to flower six plants at optimum light, LED tech is still too expensive and would cost me about the same as the solexx to build something decent, while the solexx would be free after initial purchase the LED’s still cost money to run. The only downside is it blocks UV which is known to stimulate the production of certain canabinoids/(terpenes?) including THC, has anyone grown in a greenhouse that blocks uv and seen a difference in their flowers?