What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sealed door/Ventilation help

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Hey growers
I'm building another small grow chamber ( 3.5 x 3.5 x 7') and doing some remodeling of my other three.
I'm not running sealed rooms, but I want the door to be perfectly sealed. I want all the air that enters the grows to go through the intake filters instead of under the door.
What are you guys and gals doing to fix this? I gotta keep the dust and animal/wife hair off my medicine.

Iamnumber

Hey growers
I'm building another small grow chamber ( 3.5 x 3.5 x 7') and doing some remodeling of my other three.
I'm not running sealed rooms, but I want the door to be perfectly sealed. I want all the air that enters the grows to go through the intake filters instead of under the door.
What are you guys and gals doing to fix this? I gotta keep the dust and animal/wife hair off my medicine.

generate over pressure to your grow area (intake fan running at lower capacity than output fan). This will meet the stated requirement.. keep hair and other small particles out.. downside is that smell will also be pushed out.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
generate over pressure to your grow area (intake fan running at lower capacity than output fan). This will meet the stated requirement.. keep hair and other small particles out.. downside is that smell will also be pushed out.
Wouldn't it be the other way around? Supply (intake) on high while exhaust on low. Having worked in pressurized spaces for years, your method puts the room in a slight vacuum.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hey growers
... you may consider weather stripping the doors. You may also (combined with weather stripping) set up your ventilation so their is a slight positive pressure to the room. Not much is needed here. 1/4 to 1/2" H2O pressure. As long as the pressure inside the room is greater than ambient air. One can make a reasonably low cost manometer, from a section of 3/8" plastic tubing mounted on a board.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Do you have to concern yourself with smell? I don't, so my intake fans suck air through plenums with high micron furnace filters on them. The filtered air keeps my rooms at positive pressure and super clean. ;)

When I have to control odor I use grow rooms within a lung room. Suck air from the room and blow through carbon, while the passive intakes (large) also have plenums and filters. Can you cut a piece of wood which blocks the gap and fix it to the bottom of the door?
Save

Iamnumber

Wouldn't it be the other way around? Supply (intake) on high while exhaust on low. Having worked in pressurized spaces for years, your method puts the room in a slight vacuum.

You are correct sir. things got turned upside down while I wrote it down.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You are correct sir. things got turned upside down while I wrote it down.
That's OK good buddy! I had to read it twice to make sure I was reading it properly :) I knew what you meant but others not familiar with creating positive pressure may not have.

Latest posts

Latest posts