What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Mochi by Karma G

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran

This one is on the rebound.....gave the fan leaves a foliar and will see how she looks in the morning.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
10/29/2020 - Day 35, #2

10/29/2020 - Day 35, #2

First of all....apologies to Karma for the shitty grow I have going on. The point of these tester grows is to see the potential of the genetics and it makes it hard when they have not been giving good care. Bad choice of mine to switch regimes whilst doing a tester run.

picture.php

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Looks like Calcium and Nitrogen deficiencies to me, how's your pH? Mine lock out both if the pH is high. I think mine in particular stemmed from infrequent/ ineffective watering. Usually when the family comes to town, they get neglected a bit and start to look sad. I'd check your medium and run off to see if it fluctuates drastically from your input. Maybe high ppms in the medium locking stuff out too, so just check that in the run off at the same time to rule that out. Good luck man, it doesn't look that bad yet, and most of those fans come off anyway. I think you're still in good shape.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Thanks for chiming in OAM. The higher pH could very well be it....I bumped my feeds up from 5.9-6.4 to 6.5-7.1 when I thought I was locking out calcium from too low. Nutrient manufacturer recommends 6-6.4 but I took it upon myself to raise it thinking maybe I should treat it more like soil vs soilless medium.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
For sure! Yeah, I've been keeping mine around 6.0-6.5 for coco mix and dry amendments. I've had way less problems since I got my soil pH pen. It would kind of sneak up on me, around the time I couldn't water for some reason, lol! I would flush completely, and re-fertilize. Boy was that an unnecessary fuck around. Like 30-50 plants getting a gallon and a half each! As soon as I started paying attention, the problem went away- go figure!

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
day 53 #2

day 53 #2

So here we are on day 53, this plant was the least affected by what went wrong earlier in the grow. Since the other two look a lot worse than this one I still have no clue what happened as all had been treated the same.

No intersex issues so far on any of them that I am aware of and the aroma is getting stronger by the day, I can tell when I leave the tent open for a bit.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I am going to soak the remaining seeds I have tomorrow, and will try re-vegging these so at least the favorite out of the bunch can get a fair run.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
The buds still look good, have you checked the ppm in the run-off? I just discovered some of my mothers had a ppm of over 3000! They were not happy, so I fed them without checking why! :(
I'd pull any leaves damaged beyond 50% so the plant doesn't waste energy trying to fix them. I might also try to flush them out too and check the ppm. It looks like #6 was hit the hardest. Most of the "ugly stuff" will get trimmed off anyway, and the buds on all of them still look respectable. What kind of terps are you getting?

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Hey OAM,
My EC meter went tits up and I have never replaced it as I hardly ever had used it. I did try to eliminate that by doing a flush early on.

Speaking of flush...they go on straight water starting tomorrow. I usually shoot for 70 days harvest give or take depending what the loupe tells me.

#2 has a citrus / lemon smell going on......the other two not so much.

#2 day 56
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
That's what's great about being a grower, Christmas comes every 56-90 days:) Which pheno did you end up liking the best and why? Those calyxes are getting large and in charge!

Latest posts

Latest posts