What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Hour (Lambsbread x Headbanger)

Happy Times

Small Update. Things are moving along very nicely. Seeds should be done in about 3-4 weeks. I usually chop and let the seeds dry in the bud for a week. If you make your own seeds post how you dry your seeds, I'm curious what other people do and maybe I can learn something new as well.

View Image

Great frost there

Waka

Today is the start of week 8. About 2-3 weeks left before seed harvest :good:. Everything is looking great. Starting to see the tiger stripes on some of the seeds.

If anyone wants to do a test run with me please reach out via the PM feature. I'll only be choosing people who are active on the forum and who are currently growing. I think this cross has the potential to bring a lot of heat.

0SUEVVe.jpg

Waka

For anyone that's into test reports below is the results I got on the Lambsbread. Should give us an idea what we can be in store for.

24zsOAn.jpg

9va9QVG.jpg

Waka

Almost there! I'm going to give it about a week left before chop. Can't wait to start hunting these! I'll be starting my feminized lambsbread cross project's in about a week as well.

evAF3Ae.jpg

Waka

Plant was chopped down over a week ago and I'm just letting the seeds dry out. Will probably try and germinate in two weeks.

G0JoSZs.jpg

HAZENACIOUS

Wow great looking bud, bet cross will be nice, what does mom taste/smell like, and what are her effects? Nice result on that test.

Waka

Wow great looking bud, bet cross will be nice, what does mom taste/smell like, and what are her effects? Nice result on that test.

Mom has a very sweet smell and spicy taste. I might be biased here but it's the best smoke I ever had. I've tried Chem 91, Chem D, Apple Fritter, MAC1, 18 week sativas, etc and I always go back to the bread. I'm not knocking those strains at all, they're all killers in their own right. Headbanger was a plant that really grabbed my attention and had to make a cross as the pairing just seemed natural to me as the effects were similar.

The effects are very uplifting and will engage you into whatever you're doing. This stuff will make your adrenaline pump just mowing the lawn lol. Why wait 18 weeks when you can wait 9? :D. I hope to be able to get bud into people's hand to get their unbiased opinion one day.

With all that said today is germination day! Very excited for this. I don't have a large amount of space so I'm going to germinate 20 beans. Would love 100% germ rate but I'll take what I can get. I soak beans for 24 hours in water, then use the paper towel method for my germ method. I'll update this thread in a few days. Let's see what we can find in this hunt :plant grow:

kLBcDka.jpg

Waka

Out of the 20 beans 15 have sprouted tap roots. 75% germ rate, not too bad . I'm going to pop a few more to get a nice even 20 so I can get a decent sample size. One bean had two tap roots which I found interesting.

HBdQR9s.jpg

HAZENACIOUS

Hi Waka,
Thanks for the discription,
I know that feeling, that's how I feel about my old-school 5hz, I've tried all the best, but always to back to my old strains.
Very cool taproot! I have had several twins pop up, but you always wonder if maybe an extra seed was accidentally dropped in the hole. Nice to see them pop like that then there will be no question if you get two sprouts.
Curious to see if you wind up with twins popping out of that seed.

Waka

Hi all,

Sorry for lack up updates. Got 13 seedlings going but technically "14" since the seed with double tap roots is growing but one of them is lagging behind so I might cull it eventually. Nothing more to report at this stage but as they grow I'll post more pictures. Going to pop more seeds to get a bigger snapshot of the genepool as well. Stay safe everyone!

HRuiZlx.jpg

Waka

With a little bit of a lull things are progressing again. Plants were stuck in their little nursery pots for too long so have a little efficiency but will turn around now that they are in a new home. I took clones, transplanted into grow bags and put them into flower. Let's see what we can get here. I'll post updates as things progress.

JdK7fSZ.jpg

Waka

On week 2 and things are looking good. Plants are showing their sexes. I got a couple females and males so far. Once I know all the sexes I'll separate. Looks like I might have a few thin bladed varieties which I like the most. I'm not a fan of the fat Indica leaf. Just feeding with Jacks321 formula in coco from now till flower. I'm going to try and post one update a week while my schedule allows it.

9rXABkt.jpg

Waka

Another week, another update. On week 3 now and I filtered out the males and I'm left with 8 females. I also chose my male which I'm excited to breed with. Appears to lean more to the Lambsbread side with the thin blades on the leaf.

A few females are exhibiting the narrow sativa leaf which tells me they're more Lambsbread leaning. Excited to see what will come out of this hunt. Things should start to get exciting in the next few weeks.

FiY2p4e.jpg

Chosen Male

W4f5paT.jpg

r1Qoy7R.jpg

Waka

A few days into week 4. Buds are starting to form. One plant is starting to throw frost down the fan leaf so I'll be keeping my eye on that one.

bHqxTQk.jpg

Waka

Gettin’ good now!! Curious the variation between those diff ladies when they get deeper into flower

Yes I'm really interested as well. I'm thinking this strain might go a total of 10 weeks. The three phenos in the middle have my attention. Lets hope for some fire!

Here is week 5.

epnmsBO.jpg

Waka

Missed the week 6 update but here's week 7. Things are starting to frost up. Getting a lot of sweet smells coming off the buds which is related to the Lambsbread. Seeing a lot of white pistils still so I do think these will go to week 10. I included a close up photo of a couple phenos that I like the most so far.

i6YGIfA.jpg

Pheno 10

S85XmOG.jpg

Pheno 4
9D93cdg.jpg

Waka

Starting to look very promising. Nice plants.

Thanks Dramamine! Pheno 4 is also the seed that had two tap roots and I left her little buddy along for the ride. Below is a photo of a lower bud on Pheno 4 as well.

I'm feeding straight water from now till harvest. Curious to see if the plants have a nice fade to them.

Pheno 4 lower bud

AQpijUy.jpg

Pheno 4's little sibling

FNYaCVL.jpg