What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Saying goodbye to my ladies...

420Ready

I have to cute my girls down! :( :( :( I am extremely upset over this because it's not by my choice. The neighbour is complaining of a "skunk" smell, filling her basement and kitchen.

Pffff, pot plants don't smell like skunk anyways! Nosey neighbours. I get it though, I unfortunatly live in a townhouse and you kinda have to respect your neighbours... I WILL be investing in a filter and fan system for future grows.

So here they are, goodbye my beauties!

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_115123.jpg
    IMG_20200813_115123.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200809_152338.jpg
    IMG_20200809_152338.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200813_115136.jpg
    IMG_20200813_115136.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200813_115157.jpg
    IMG_20200813_115157.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200813_115259.jpg
    IMG_20200813_115259.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200813_115320.jpg
    IMG_20200813_115320.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 25

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Oh - that's awfully sad - is there no one who could take them - or no where else where you could get them to grow?

420Ready

Oh - that's awfully sad - is there no one who could take them - or no where else where you could get them to grow?

I'm trying to find someone but it's not looking good, man I'm so choked.. I've put so much time and effort into these girls. On the plus side, I have learned from them. So, I guess I'm not really comin out empty handed. Still a bummer.

Jerry_Garcia

Oh man, is there no way to get a carbon filter set up pronto? So sad to see some nice looking plants get the early chop.

420Ready

Oh man, is there no way to get a carbon filter set up pronto? So sad to see some nice looking plants get the early chop.

Unfortunately it isn't. I don't have the funds for a good filter at the moment. I was looking at the Phresh filters though. Saw a post about them and looked em up.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I have to cute my girls down! :( :( :( I am extremely upset over this because it's not by my choice. The neighbour is complaining of a "skunk" smell, filling her basement and kitchen.

Pffff, pot plants don't smell like skunk anyways! Nosey neighbours. I get it though, I unfortunatly live in a townhouse and you kinda have to respect your neighbours... I WILL be investing in a filter and fan system for future grows.

You in NS 420?

Gone Camping

Check your local classifieds (FB, craigs etc)for used gear.. i'v bought a few quality pieces once someone figures out they have a black thumb.

I'd look for a quality used inline fan, and order a cheaper filter for now..

So Canada legalized with exception of home cultivation i take it.

I'd imagine a Townhouse would have a firewall between units, effectively blocking odor?

troutman

Seed Whore

Is there anywhere you can hide them outside? Like a forest,etc.

Yeah, a carbon filter and other odor control measures should be 1st before the plants get growing.
Run to the local grow store if you have one and get some ONA blocks. They'll kill the aroma right away.

420Ready

Found someone

Found someone

I actually live in Ontario and though indoor cultivation isn't illegal, the condo board that is in charge of the units I live in would probably have something to say about the smell.

I will definitely look into abused inline fan but I don't really want to cheap out on the filter.

I thought about relocating them somewhere outside but I don't drive and there is no where close to me that I could walk to. HOWEVER! I did find someone to take them thankfully. He's someone I kind of know and has growing experience, I'm hoping he gives me at least some of the bud from them.

They did have a strong smell even just 2 weeks into flower.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions on how I can fix this issue from happening again. Cheers all!

Always stay 420 ready! :)

rolandomota

It's legal really man why don't they respect you it goes both ways your not doing anything wrong or illegal I don't get it but yea cool I guess? Grow some non stinkers like c99 so the neighbors are praising the beautiful fruit smell next time

Gry

I would move them to the other side of the townhouse near an open window, while I ordered a blower and over sized filter.
When they arrive, I would move the plants back to the original and now filtered location.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Check your local classifieds (FB, craigs etc)for used gear.. i'v bought a few quality pieces once someone figures out they have a black thumb.

I'd look for a quality used inline fan, and order a cheaper filter for now..

So Canada legalized with exception of home cultivation i take it.

I'd imagine a Townhouse would have a firewall between units, effectively blocking odor?
No. The only province thah was off, then on, then off again is Que. NS we are not permitted to grow outdoors. We have a "smell" by-law.

420Ready

One

One

So I decided to keep my best looking NL auto, 1 plant isn't going to produce enough stink to flood her house with skunk smell, and besides, fuck them. I got rid of 3/4 of my grow. I'm keeping one. :D