What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lucky Dog Seed Company by Skunk VA of ChemFamily

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Skunk VA was the keeper of the '91 quietly for years and years. He kept it safe when Chemdogs plants got taken from him and returned the original to Chemdog.

I've been keeping an eye on his breeding projects for a few years now and I'm really impressed.

I'm very impressed with Skunk VA as both a person and a grower and breeder. He gets it. Hearing him talk about the 91 and cannabis, you know it's his passion. He's a perfectionist and I know his seeds are top quality. I've seen some incredible grows of his seeds. Unbelievable looking plants with Chem funk at the forefront.

Lots of Chem '91 in his genetics, I want to buy them all. Duke Diamond (Dominion Seeds) and Skunk VA did some collaboration seed work that is intriguing, as well.

The next seed pack I'm buying for the old school genetics alone is Lucky Dog's "Hunza Valley 91" which is Skelly Hash Plant x Chemdog '91 bx3 male. I bet there's something special in there.

Anybody here running any Lucky Dog currently or have any feedback?

Thank you to everyone for keeping the Chem going all these years.

eyes

Veteran
I picked up a pack of the Road Dog at the Boston Freedom Rally a few years ago. I have yet to run any but hope they are fire.Lucky this guy preserved these genetics all these years. I would say that is an impressive feat in itself.

Last edited:

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
I picked up a pack of the Road Dog at the Boston Freedom Rally a few years ago. I have yet to run any but hope they are fire.Lucky this guy preserved these genetics all these years. I would say that is an impressive feat in itself.

I completely agree, the story of the Chem 91 and Skunk VA's stewardship of her is a miraculous story, to be honest.

I feel blessed and thankful I'm able to pick up some of these in seed form, I went with Double Krush for my first purchase but I think I'll be buying more soon.

Looking at Guerrila Fume and Hunza Valley 91 next.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
That one looks amazing, for sure. The genetics in the Chem Fuego are fantastic, I bet there's more than 1 keeper pheno in there.

Are you doing a grow journal for it? I'd love to see your experiences with them.

JetLife175

Veteran
Thank you for this! Always ready to learn more about Chemdog and Lucky Dog.

Picking up some Guerrila Fume as well, as Skunk VA said that strain is the closest to the original Chemdog clone in seed form.

With the parentage, I don't think you can go wrong.

Send me a message when you hit 50 posts. Let’s chop some chem game up bro.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Thanks for that.. i'v been curious on just that myself.

You're welcome, I can't wait to get my hands on those. Really excited about what's going on with Skunk VA and Lucky Dog.

Just getting back onto the scene after an extended absence, it's great to see where we're at genetics wise.

If you would have told me Skunk VA would one day be offering fire Chemdog genetics and hybrids in seed form 10 years ago, I wouldn't have believed you and would have never dreamed of it.

I really am loving this USA seed resurgence. When I started, it was ALL clones. Clones, clones, clones.

There were good genetics around back then but it was much more of a crapshoot. With what Lucky Dog is offering, every ONE of those offerings is a powerhouse. I'm liking his work with the backcrossed '91 male (bx3) he's using. I'll be following his company, for sure.

Oh yeah, he's got a Super Silver Haze x that Chemdog '91 bx3 has my interest, as well. What I'd love to do with that one is go on a pheno hunt. There's got to be some magic in there.

I feel a similar way about the Hunza Valley '91. 2 very tightly held and decades-old parents, Skelly Hashplant and that same Chem male. I've never had the pleasure of smoking Skelly but I've heard all the stories.

I don't know what's been going on lately but it's like we're still have too many of these "dessert" type strains, with sweet smells.

I want my weed to stink. Potent. Oily. Greasy. Gas. Polyester. New Tennis Balls. A dog that got sprayed by a skunk. That's what I'm looking for.

eyes

Veteran
You're welcome, I can't wait to get my hands on those. Really excited about what's going on with Skunk VA and Lucky Dog.

Just getting back onto the scene after an extended absence, it's great to see where we're at genetics wise.

If you would have told me Skunk VA would one day be offering fire Chemdog genetics and hybrids in seed form 10 years ago, I wouldn't have believed you and would have never dreamed of it.

I really am loving this USA seed resurgence. When I started, it was ALL clones. Clones, clones, clones.

There were good genetics around back then but it was much more of a crapshoot. With what Lucky Dog is offering, every ONE of those offerings is a powerhouse. I'm liking his work with the backcrossed '91 male (bx3) he's using. I'll be following his company, for sure.

Oh yeah, he's got a Super Silver Haze x that Chemdog '91 bx3 has my interest, as well. What I'd love to do with that one is go on a pheno hunt. There's got to be some magic in there.

I feel a similar way about the Hunza Valley '91. 2 very tightly held and decades-old parents, Skelly Hashplant and that same Chem male. I've never had the pleasure of smoking Skelly but I've heard all the stories.

I don't know what's been going on lately but it's like we're still have too many of these "dessert" type strains, with sweet smells.

I want my weed to stink. Potent. Oily. Greasy. Gas. Polyester. New Tennis Balls. A dog that got sprayed by a skunk. That's what I'm looking for.

Hoping the plants i run, whenever that may be, will be greasy with the dark waxy leaves. His pictures on instagram look proper-thats for sure.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
Hoping the plants i run, whenever that may be, will be greasy with the dark waxy leaves. His pictures on instagram look proper-thats for sure.

I think you're going to have some great results. From what I've read and seen so far, it appears the difficulty with Skunk VA's seeds is having to choose the keeper(s) as most all the phenotypes are fantastic!

Sending good vibes your way :)

Latest posts

Latest posts