What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A collection of Chunky’s Bagseeds

Hookahhead

Over the holidays I received a fantastic gift of Chunky’s bagseeds. The number of seeds and crosses blew my mind. So many goodies... I couldn’t help myself.

picture.php

I popped and popped and popped until I overwhelmed myself with seedlings. Of course I missed the root aphids and then a potassium lockout/deficiency as I tried to figure out why each round was still unhappy. Luckily there were enough that made it through the mayhem, and eventually I got them nursed back to good health. It’s funny how nature has a way of balancing itself. I am just starting to flip a few of them to flower. This thread is to help me keep track of the various plants that I now have.

Here’s what the roster looks like:

GMO x OGKB (GMOGKB)
#1 - Female (F: 4/7, D 16, D 28, D 44)
#2 - Female (F: 4/7, D 16, D 28, D 43)
#3 - Female (F: 4/3, D 14, D 28, D 42, D 56)
#4 - Female (F: 4/3, D 14, D 28, D 42, D 56)
#5 - Female (F: 3/28, D 16, D 29, D 41, D 59)

ECSD x OGKB (LocomotiveBreath)
#1 - Female (F: 4/13, D 14, D 29, D 44)
#2 - Male (Flip: 3/23, Day 14, D 29, D 42)
#3 - Male (Flip: 4/15, D 14, D 28)

OGKB 2.0 x OGKB (ScoutBreath)
#1 - Female (F: 4/3, D 14, D 28, D 42, D 56)
#2 - Female (F: 4/13, D 14, D 29, D 44)
#3 - Male (F: 4/15, D 14, D 28)
#4 - Male (F: 4/5, Day 16, Day 28)

Durban x OGKB (PoisonBreath)
#1 - Female (F: 4/3, D 14, D 28, D 42, D 56)
#2 - Female (F: 3/28, D 16, D 29, D 42, D 59)

Headband x OGKB
#1 - Male (Flip: 3/23, Day 14, D 29, D 42)
#2 - Male (Flip: 4/5, Day 16, Day 28)

GG4 x OGKB (GorillaBreath)
#1 - Male (Flip: 3/23, Day 14, D 29, D 42)

The first 3 plants to switch to flower are these lucky boys! Yesterday was the first night of 12 hours darkness. They got some tropical sun full blast today, so they were shocked a bit by that I think.

#1 Headband x OGKB
Starting height: 18.5 in
picture.php

picture.php

#1 GorillaBreath
Starting height: 16.5 in
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Hookahhead

#2 LocomotiveBreath
Starting height: 17 in
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#1 GorillaBreath, #2 LocomotiveBreath, #2 Headband x OGKB

Unfortunately I don’t really have any fantastic photos of the ladies yet.

picture.php

Front row: <—ScoutBreath #2, GMO x OGKB #4, GMO x OGKB #5 —>
Back row: <— ScoutBreath #1, GMO x OGKB #1, PoisonBreath #2 —>

Last edited:

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
here for OD session too, finger crossed for you ...

Hookahhead

Thanks to everyone who is already following along. I will be moving a few of the females into flowering this weekend since their clones are rooted and growing now.

I moved to the tropics a few years ago. It was kind of like learning how to grow again, I’m in a very different environment with different resources available. Luckily I’ve overcome most of the issues, and feel that I have a fairly good system now. I’d like to share a bit of what’s working for me.

I build my own potting mix. It took me a bit to learn the Spanish names of everything, and how to describe what I’m looking for. I’m still slowly finding sources for new things, but all of my “base” items I am able to collect for free or purchase very cheaply from the AgroVetrinaria (farm store). I have made a post about my process here.

picture.php

It’s comprised of: Coco Coir, Compost, Worm castings, Rice hulls, Charcoal, Wood ashes, River sand, Manure (sheep, goat, horse, cow), Insect frass, Molasses and biological ferments. Plus any additional little things I occasionally collect.

My liquid inputs are also made from what I have available locally. I have made several posts describing these different ferments in this thread.

picture.php

Living near sea level at the equator means that it’s hot, damn hot. Conventional HID lighting wouldn’t really work for me. I started using CFL when I first moved here, but then I found a thread started by a member named Blynx on store bought Screw in LEDs.. I was skeptical at first, but so many users post pictures of beautiful flowering plants that I knew it worth checking out myself.

These things are amazing, I really can’t say enough wonderful things about them. They’re cheap, easy to obtain, run fairly cool, and best of all they work great. This is the cabinet that I raise my clones and seedlings in. The top has 8 x 14w (112w), the bottom has 12 x 9.5w (114w). Each area is 4.15sq ft, so only 226w covering 8.3 sq ft!

picture.php

The sun is pretty intense here and would fry the younger plants. Once they get established they can be moved into the smaller 10x10 “screen house”. My daylight only changes from 11.5 - 12.5 hours throughout the year. That means you need to supplement the light to prevent plants from flowering. The lights only come on 2 hours before dawn and 2 hours after dusk. These are the same 14w SILs as above. Not a ton of wattage here, I think 120w or so.

picture.php

Finally, when the plants are ready for flowering they get moved to the bigger 10x20 screen house. This is a recent addition to the farm, and I have my first couple of plants around 3 weeks into flower. No doubt, it will come with its own set of lessons... right now I’m thinking it’s pretty hot in there. The smaller one is in a much shadier spot. I may have to add some shade cloth in the next couple of weeks.

picture.php

I’m happy to answer any questions, feel feee to look at my posts and albums. I’ve posted a good bit of info here about my ups and downs growing here.

Last edited:

Hookahhead

The first two girls were moved into flower today.

First up we have GMOGKB #5. I would say this one’s structure is the most GMO like from what I understand. It’s the tallest with long thinner branches.

Starting height: 39 inches
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hookahhead

Durban #2. This plant was a stand out from the beginning. It’s the only plant that didn’t suffer (or suffer as much) from the root aphids. She has been growing squat with nice stiff lateral branches. The first two pictures are before I cleaned up some of the insides.

Starting height: 37 inches
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Hookahhead

Well the males are starting to have a few sacs open up already. I’ll get some shots this weekend. I flipped a few more females today!

GMOGKB #3 - This one was crazy short and stout when she was in the cabinet. Once she got outside she shot off like a rocket. Needless to say I was able to pull a good many clones from her.

Here’s the pic from veg.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GMOGKB #4 - Another tall one, I’m stoked to see the variety in these.

Starting height: 41 inches
picture.php
picture.php

Hookahhead

PoisonBreath #1 - not much to say about this one yet.

picture.php
picture.php

ScoutBreath #1 - Last but not least! This plant is kind of intimidating, it looks like it just wants to sucker punch you. Better keep an eye on her.

Starting height: 37.5 inches
picture.php
picture.php

Thanks for following along! I should be moving a few more into the greenhouse next week. GMOGKB #2 didn’t give up any material for clones before moving it outside. It’s just growing as a straight stick. I was able to pull a small branch or 2 off today. I may have to top it, but I’d also like to let it go natural.

Hookahhead

I moved 2 more males out from under the security light today. This means tonight will be their first night of 12/12.

ScoutBreath #4 on the left and Headband x OGKB #2 on the right.

picture.php

ScoutBreath #4
Starting height: 23 inches

picture.php

picture.php

Headband x OGKB #2
Starting height: 18 inches

picture.php

picture.php

I’ll give an update on the males that I already have flowering tomorrow (2 weeks).