What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chem D x Purple Unicorn(F3) Bodhi Testers

SuperZero

Hello everbody :tiphat:
I was gifted these wonderful beans in August and got them popped on the 27th of August.
I'll take a few posts to get caught up to today (day 43ish.)

Flowering will be 600w hps @ 11.5hrs on and 12.5 off.
LEDs for veg.

Solo cups - 1.5 gal - 5 gal pots with an organic based mix.
Roughly 25% peat, 25% coco, 25% compost, 15% perlite, and the rest other dry amendments.

They're fed mostly organic teas, seed sprout teas, or cal-mag+molasses water,
but I occasionally hit with bottled micros and other nutes(old habits.)

Started 7 and they all cracked after soaking overnight in water,
and after a day in a wet paper towel they were stretching(except one runt.)

After 1 month:

They grew fairly quickly and had raunchy stinky stems when rubbed.
Out of the 7 there was 1 runt, 3 females, and 3 males.

SuperZero

This is them during the first week of flower, they were 21.5" @day 1 flowering.

They began to stretch and stretch and stretch. I like to let testers grow without topping or training
so we can see their natural physique. This is day 14.

But they just kept growing and growing and growing, the tallest 2 are now at 50" well over double in height.
Here is them at day 31.

They had purple stripes on the stems from early veg. They also seem to be growing long skinny branches that will need support.

Last edited:

SuperZero

Some pics from Day 37:
We'll call this gal #1(on the left, blue bucket)
This gal #2(center, orange bucket)
Last but not least #3(right, white bucket)

Could see the buds turning purple real early on (by week 3 I'm pretty sure)

When I put them in, as you can see, there were others in the room finishing up and it got a little crowded.
Well I lost a fan one night, and one of the gals (on the left) flew a little too close to the sun and got burned and clawed up.

But otherwise everything seemed fine. I just moved my other fan up. And all seemed good.
It wasn't, ground zero was on a cold wall where I had some lower buds leaning up against it. They got powdery mildew.
I'm assuming the lack of lower airflow and cool wall created the right conditions, as I've never had it indoors here--in 12 years at this spot.

It spread a bit, I removed the finishing plants, and sprayed the gals with 1:5 milk water ratio. Now I spray water to remove the milk stains hah.
Airflow is greatly increased with only these 3 in there, new fan soon, and with only 3 I can clean every leaf by hand if the milk don't work LOL

SuperZero

And some from today which is day 43 of flowering.
They had a spray down to remove some of the residual milk stains before the lights came on.

Right now they're packing some earthy undertones along with a noticeable coffee aroma
and the danky stanky chem flavors when brushed up against.

Main colas on the girls are getting close to forearm sized already.

#1 #2 #3

Girl #1 still looking rough from the heat shock/stress.

picture.php

loving the colors, faint purple and pinks with flashes of magenta stay tuned for more.

SuperZero

Day 50:
#1 has slight earthy and coffee flavors mostly overpowered by chem funk.
#2 and 3 both have a strong vicks vapor rub top end with a chem funk body.
Pretty dense nugs for day 50 too.

#1 had some PM come back the past few days. Others seem fine, but spores were still around.

picture.php

SuperZero

Day 57:
still battling the pm, today is the first day this week that seemed better than the day before.
2 appear to be finishing up quickly, thankfully(gotta get this contamination cleaned up.)

Otherwise getting frosty and stinky!
#1 #2 and 3 2 is thick and leaning over(also getting pm the worst.)

picture.php

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
nice.
some actual PICS of Bodhi gear.

Thanks for sharing, SuperZero!
Look forward to final bud shots and a smoke report!

-cap