What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The CBD/Hemp (>0.3% THC) Thread

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Skunk Dream CBD - sensi skunk x (swiss dream x skunk #1)

Skunk Dream CBD (sensi skunk x alpine delight)
Alpine Delight (Swiss Dream x Skunk #1)

Yes it is description but breeding sensi skunk x hemp will probably end up with 1:1 thc cbd at best.
And again hit it with sensi skunk 1 in 100 plants will be 0,25 at best easyier is that thy buy seeds and make some fake story.

sensi skunk(high thc) x(skunk1 high thc x hemp)

it is very hard to imagine that offspring will be only 0.3%.....

Story is story reality is reality....

I think they probably found pheno like I was in autoflowers still sad about it.
And do S1.

alpo

Yes it is description but breeding sensi skunk x hemp will probably end up with 1:1 thc cbd at best.
And again hit it with sensi skunk 1 in 100 plants will be 0,25 at best easyier is that thy buy seeds and make some fake story.

sensi skunk(high thc) x(skunk1 high thc x hemp)

it is very hard to imagine that offspring will be only 0.3%.....

Story is story reality is reality....

I think they probably found pheno like I was in autoflowers still sad about it.
And do S1.

Have you grown out your two plants from your five pack

CannaT

Premium user
Have you grown out your two plants from your five pack

1 is flowering from 23.12 and other one 4.1. is goint to vegetation for flower.
If they will be good I will pop 10 seeds more.

But they have very good vigor on cloning and growth.
On is darker green in colour other is light green.
they are toped young so i dont know about growing shape.

alpo

Painted Lady 21st day of 12/12

Leaves seem to be yellowing compared to the others

R5iwyPN.jpg

qXXOwUC.jpg

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the lighter color and the way it breaks up is like a dry powder

I disagree.

It's a component of CBD, within the buds. Lightness/color of bud through Ultraviolet light and heat produces CBG/CBDA....are you using just ultraviolet lights plus heat?

https://elemental.medium.com/is-cbg-the-new-cbd

The lesser-known cannabinoid, touted by cannabis advocates to be even more effective than CBD for anxiety and chronic pain, could even follow in CBD’s market-disrupting footsteps. But because CBG research is at a very early stage and mostly based on animal models, scientists are skeptical.

A good way to understand CBG is to step back and take a look at the cannabis plant as a whole. The plant produces a number of cannabinoids, which are molecules in marijuana or hemp plants that act on the cannabinoid receptors — part of the endocannabinoid system — in the brain. You’ve probably heard of the two most common cannabinoids: THC and CBD.

CBG binds to the cannabinoid receptors but with an affinity that is way lower than THC, so a person can take a large amount of it and not be intoxicated,” Russo says of early research on the topic. “But it displays a very strong anti-anxiety effect and it also has muscle relaxing effects, maybe even more than THC. Scientists believe that CBG binds to certain endocannabinoid receptors in the brain that mitigate anxiety and pain.
The final bonus is that CBG appears to have very few negative side effects, except increasing appetite.

https://www.nlcannabis.com/what-are-cannabinoids-and-what-effect-do-they-have-on-you/

CBG is the parent compound of THC and CBD. When this compound becomes exposed to ultraviolet light and heat, it breaks down and creates THCA and CBDA.

CBG has many health benefits as well. Recent studies have shown a significant correlation between CBG and the decreasing effects of the ailments:

Glaucoma
Bladder Dysfunction Disorders
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBS)
CBG does not make you feel high. In fact, it is even known to counteract the paranoid and intense feelings that THC can make people feel

alpo

I disagree.

It's a component of CBD, within the buds. Lightness/color of bud through Ultraviolet light and heat produces CBG/CBDA....are you using just ultraviolet lights plus heat?

https://elemental.medium.com/is-cbg-the-new-cbd

The lesser-known cannabinoid, touted by cannabis advocates to be even more effective than CBD for anxiety and chronic pain, could even follow in CBD’s market-disrupting footsteps. But because CBG research is at a very early stage and mostly based on animal models, scientists are skeptical.

A good way to understand CBG is to step back and take a look at the cannabis plant as a whole. The plant produces a number of cannabinoids, which are molecules in marijuana or hemp plants that act on the cannabinoid receptors — part of the endocannabinoid system — in the brain. You’ve probably heard of the two most common cannabinoids: THC and CBD.

CBG binds to the cannabinoid receptors but with an affinity that is way lower than THC, so a person can take a large amount of it and not be intoxicated,” Russo says of early research on the topic. “But it displays a very strong anti-anxiety effect and it also has muscle relaxing effects, maybe even more than THC. Scientists believe that CBG binds to certain endocannabinoid receptors in the brain that mitigate anxiety and pain.
The final bonus is that CBG appears to have very few negative side effects, except increasing appetite.

https://www.nlcannabis.com/what-are-cannabinoids-and-what-effect-do-they-have-on-you/

CBG is the parent compound of THC and CBD. When this compound becomes exposed to ultraviolet light and heat, it breaks down and creates THCA and CBDA.

CBG has many health benefits as well. Recent studies have shown a significant correlation between CBG and the decreasing effects of the ailments:

Glaucoma
Bladder Dysfunction Disorders
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBS)
CBG does not make you feel high. In fact, it is even known to counteract the paranoid and intense feelings that THC can make people feel

The question I was asked was how I do tell CBG buds apart from CBD.

Frosty 420

My second year growing for cbd. I'm working through my f2 fairly vigorously. I have 2 selected STD males I've been using to make the f2. This winter I am making f3 bx1 fem seeds of a clone I've named Optimus prime. (Large fat buds with heavy industrial structure) i will de doing a second year with f2 to find something better. I have a good feel for them now but I feel as if I could do some more identifying as far as dominants in the population.

Its fun doing acres even though its thc free.

Attachments

• 20200914_143516.jpg
    20200914_143516.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 31

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Old hemp variety from Switzerland Schöne von Albis is >0.3% THC.
1% THC is maximum in Switzerland nowadays.

hanfpflanze_solitaer_schoene_vom_albis-4-300-400-80.jpg

weibliche_hanfbluete_schoene_vom_albis-6-750-1000-80.jpg

alpo

I hope this finishes in 15 days? Does it look airy?

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0067.jpg
    DSC_0067.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 30

burningfire

Veteran
I like the structure of that one, nice colas.

and it's less than or < 0.3% , this is just a pet peeve of mine.

CannaT

Premium user
I hope this finishes in 15 days? Does it look airy?

View Image

To me not,much more I will say 1 month till harvest.
remember that earlier you harvest the more thc you get.

for 10 week cultivars thca is on higest point at week 7.
slowly falling down till harvest.

alpo

To me not,much more I will say 1 month till harvest.
remember that earlier you harvest the more thc you get.

for 10 week cultivars thca is on higest point at week 7.
slowly falling down till harvest.

I sent samples when that picture was taken last Thursday day 48, I should get results after the weekend.

CannaT

Premium user

Here is scientific research from GW pharmaceuticals.

picture.php

For THC and CBD cultivar what flowers for 10 weeks.
Highest THC levels were at week 7 and 6 at cbd cultivar.

THC cultivar 8.94% at week 7 at week 10 8,33%

CBD cultivar at week 6 0.20% while at harvest in week 10 0.14%

I always harvest my plants with few ambers if they are more sativish i wait for little bit more ambers.
For hazes and long flowering sativas at least I want 20% ambers.

That's how i like.

No amber no harvest.

Last edited: