What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

HxP2 indoors Harvest

HxP2 indoors Harvest

Ok, I took the tops today and put the lower half of the plant back in the flower room to mature some more. She took a few weeks to reach sexual maturity, so she really went 14 weeks, even though she was in the flower room for 17 weeks.

Her smells have really evolved a lot. Very little camphor smell left, but strong fermented lemon, vanilla, mint and a new piney smell. Her trichomes are all cloudy and getting a few ambers.

After drying and a short cure in the jar, I will sample her and give a preliminary report on her. I'm pretty excited about this, her mom is 8 foot tall and bushy.

Thanks for stopping by. I have a couple more HxP and the NHxP still in the flower room. About 2 more weeks on HxP1 and probably 3 weeks on NHxP indoors.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Nice and fat man looks yummy. The lowers will come on strong now I always get knocked about by the lowers real caviar buds.

G

Beautiful stuff SL! That zam x pan leaves are definitely zam dom...And I am definitely going for the hon x pan next season!
Cheers!

SolarLogos

Nice and fat man looks yummy. The lowers will come on strong now I always get knocked about by the lowers real caviar buds.

Beautiful stuff SL! That zam x pan leaves are definitely zam dom...And I am definitely going for the hon x pan next season!
Cheers!
Greetings friends, thanks for the kind words but it's your grows that keep me a humble man.:tiphat:
I suspected the plant was zam dominant but not knowledgeable yet to accurately tell, thanks Syd! Interestingly, the lemon smell has always been faint but all her other smells keep changing. Anyways, I hit a lower branch a 2nd time today with OTH. Not sure about the taste or terpenes, the high might be great or terrible but I intend to find out.

With respects to the HxP, there are 2 phenos that I have, the bushy one with the narrow leaves (HxP#3 in the ground under the net) and the tall, more columnar with wider pan leaves (HxP#2 that I harvested last night). I can't comment on the flowers of the first pheno, but the second from last night (I have 2), her smells are loud, strong fermented lemon, light menthol, vanilla, and light mint. Volatile fuel smell. Smoked she takes on a incense taste, flavor reminds me of the SSH I just finished smoking last week. Big hard buds. She would be right up your alley.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos,

Love the way your garden has progressed during summer time, what a sativa paradise you are creating indoors and outdoors. :huggg:

The Nevil's Haze x Panama looks indeed like a Nevil's Haze pheno, while your indoor Honduras x Panama are clearly showing the desirable flower traits and structure (chunky, resinous, dense) of the Panama Goddess mother, based also on your description of her terpenes. I think you have very desirable Honduras x Panama individuals to keep as mothers and to create new hybrids.

The outdoors pure Oldtimer's Haze should have started the flowering now after autumn equinox. How are they doing lately ?

Very interesting outcome on your own Orient Express x PCK hybrid, seems the OE sativa expressions are dominant in the plants you grew of the hybrid.
I love the sound of the Oldtimer's Haze and Purple Satellite hybrids you are producing this season, i'm sure these new sativa blends will be absolutely fire for next season ;)

SolarLogos

OTH

OTH

Hi SolarLogos,

Love the way your garden has progressed during summer time, what a sativa paradise you are creating indoors and outdoors. :huggg:

The Nevil's Haze x Panama looks indeed like a Nevil's Haze pheno, while your indoor Honduras x Panama are clearly showing the desirable flower traits and structure (chunky, resinous, dense) of the Panama Goddess mother, based also on your description of her terpenes. I think you have very desirable Honduras x Panama individuals to keep as mothers and to create new hybrids.

The outdoors pure Oldtimer's Haze should have started the flowering now after autumn equinox. How are they doing lately ?

Very interesting outcome on your own Orient Express x PCK hybrid, seems the OE sativa expressions are dominant in the plants you grew of the hybrid.
I love the sound of the Oldtimer's Haze and Purple Satellite hybrids you are producing this season, i'm sure these new sativa blends will be absolutely fire for next season
Greetings dear friend, it's always an honor to have you stop in, thank you! Yes, a sativa paradise as you so eloquently describe it, is something I've always dreamed of; I owe many thanks to you and the good people here, my beloved friends, it's happening! The haze are really taking their sweet time though, but I don't mind a bit. They are 6 months old now. One, is taking on the look of a very tropical sativa just going into flower. The other, well she is still lagging a bit behind. Her leaves are so narrow, that with my eyes, what looks like hairs are just new leaves it seems. The clones have been in the flower room for 18 weeks (2 weeks at 12/12; 2 weeks at 11/13; and 14 weeks at 10/14 light cycle) and the clones are at the same stage of flower development as the mom's outside. Two males have been dropping pollen for 2 weeks and are dropping lots of pollen still. It's just amazing how much pollen these OTH can drop, which is good since it takes 6 months to here! Another male just started dropping his pollen.

All plants had shown sex prior to putting them into flower. I have to assume these are really an excellent expression of an equatorial, close to a wild sativa. The only other plants I've had that took 6 months to mature before flowering were my Hondurans and they were certainly worth the wait.
Ok, here are the pictures. I may sound like a madman, but I plan to put these two girls in my greenhouse. Granted, I may have to put them into the ground about 3 feet below the surface of the ground, but they are going inside.
OTH# 4

Just so you know, I'm 5'10" tall and that plant doubles me. Of course, the HxP's on each end are now slouches either, but this is about haze.
She is putting on bud sites, but still too early to pollinate, even though males are dumping their load. I can't tell what is a leaf blade or a pistil with my eyes. Sorry, not the best shot. I will try to get another.

Here is my other haze girl, #1. She is a couple weeks further into flower.

As you know Dubi, I have pretty much pollinated everything with haze, lol. I have an Afghan/Malawi I made last year. I chose a narrow leaf pheno and hit her with haze. Seeds are fat and should be ready to test soon.
I'm going to pollinate the OTH clones in the flower room with the purple satellite reversed female. I just took a clone of purple satellite #3 (I have clones still of everything this year) to pollinate with OTH, just to hit it from both directions.
I think you're right Dubi, all of these HxP look like keepers. As an opportunist, I went ahead and pollinated all of them with OTH 2 weeks ago (along with the NevHazexPan) and just repainted the branches again last Thursday. We'll see where it takes us.
I hit the HPHxKC with OTH and will take a male prodigy to mate with the next female HPHxKC I grow. Same with ZamPan, hitting her with Zam pollen, then backcross into the next Zampan. Of course, being she is a nice zam expression, I will pollinate her with Thai also. I did put ZamPan's clones into flower last week for that reason and kept the other clone in veg.
Glad you like my OE experiment. Breadwizard, I have chosen your suggestion for this hybrid, "Murder on the Orient Express". It really is absolutely brilliant, thank you my friend. First, because I murdered Ace's fine OE. Second, there is a Killer A5 on board, so how fitting is that? Very clever Breadwizard, I like it a lot!
Thanks everyone for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

HxP4 indoors

HxP4 indoors

Honduran x Panama #4 is a few days from harvest. She still has a few clear heads, no amber yet but not as opaque as I like to see. She has stopped spitting out new pistils and just waiting on a few more to turn brown.

Her smells are like #2 that I harvested, fermented lemon, menthol, mint, floral, but with much less of a camphor smell.
This is a winner of a cross in my book. Her smells are strong, she packs weight and even the side buds on the bottom are fat. The high of #2, without a cure was very kind, potent, very euphoric, dreamy and feeling very happy. Decent strength, but it was clear and full functionality. An official smoke report will come after a cure.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Nevil's Haze x Panama Goddess

Nevil's Haze x Panama Goddess

The clone for NHxP is in week 20 flower. I put her mom in the ground the 1st week of April. Her clone rooted May 9 and went into flower on May 27 at 12/12, gradually reducing to 10/14 for the past 15 or 16 weeks. She looks like she has a couple more weeks to go.
Her smell is woody mostly, no hint of lemon, mint etc. from the panama side. Her branches are very floppy and reminds me of Thai. All of the branches, even the little ones had to be supported outdoors.

Here she is OD:

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

SolarLogos

OTH update

OTH update

I collected pollen from the 3 males individually. This is the second collection from all three together, for open pollination purpose. They sure put out a lot of pollen, which is good because it took 6 months to get here! The 2 female clones have been in the flower room for 20 weeks also; they are just getting little "flowerettes".

I'm still digging the hole in the ground inside the greenhouse so I can transplant the big OTH in there. Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, God bless

J

jaded1

Lovely job on the h/p girls,no2 sounds delicious!I'll have to get some of them,every grow has some stunning looking plants.
Hopefully your nh/p is a one off pheno mate,don't think I've got the patience to wait that long and def won't be able to keep them green!

Mine have been in flower tent for 12 days,ended up killing the 3rd girl as couldn't fit them all in and she was the least healthy of them.A couple of pics of the 2 of them and the whole tent
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

SolarLogos

Greetings Jaded1,
Nice job filling out the tent with those two NHxP. Your plants look so healthy and happy. Looks like you are in for a big harvest! Thanks for posting them and please keep us updated!
I can't wait to try the NHxP, but will have to put a few more seeds into the ground soon. I really love Ace's Panama and I didn't seem to get much in this pheno, all NH so far, which is not a bad thing.

Honduran x Panama

Smoke report will come officially, as well as a grow report, after the outdoor harvest and a proper cure. However, it's so good, I have to give you a little spoiler:

The taste and high from HxP is sublime. The loveliest candy lemon incense taste! In all my years, I don't recall having ever tasted anything that smoked that good. Now that I have tasted what she has to offer, keeping my hands off of her is going to be challenging.

Her high is very kind, no chance of increased heart rate or agitation. Relaxing, dreamy and in the right place. Not really up, but certainly not lazy or couch-lock. Happy, beautiful feeling. Top of my list smoke. Fat, huge hard flowers, plenty of thc resin, amazing taste and smell of the highest quality, all euphoria and as near to bliss as I've been from smoking. Not the trippy kind of high, but over all, the highest "quality" cannabis I've had the pleasure of growing and experiencing. Thank you sooooo very much my good friends Dubi and Ace! This one is a homerun, out of the park!
Peace, God bless

ikinokori

hello, as always this is a beautiful garden. Cant wait to see how oth will turn out

i am seeing you talked about plant maturity before going into flowering. I always did that previously, but they took around 2 months max to mature and show pre sex, my previous grow was very new for me so i did not to it for the first time and i was wanting to do it again for my next grow of very long flowering sativa, by lettimg them veg around 2 months and clone them then put the clones in flowering. But then, i see you talked about 6 whole months for honduran when it is much shorter flowering... That is scary ! Is it common in longer flowering sativa to take as much time to show sex ? How much time in average does a long flowering sativa take to show pre sex ?

SolarLogos

Good question

Good question

hello, as always this is a beautiful garden. Cant wait to see how oth will turn out

i am seeing you talked about plant maturity before going into flowering. I always did that previously, but they took around 2 months max to mature and show pre sex, my previous grow was very new for me so i did not to it for the first time and i was wanting to do it again for my next grow of very long flowering sativa, by lettimg them veg around 2 months and clone them then put the clones in flowering. But then, i see you talked about 6 whole months for honduran when it is much shorter flowering... That is scary ! Is it common in longer flowering sativa to take as much time to show sex ? How much time in average does a long flowering sativa take to show pre sex ?
Those are really great questions my friend. I have been wanting to start a discussion on this topic for a while. I am not sure why, but I have seen some grows (Terpene, MadMac, etc.) that can take OTH from seed, almost directly into flower with hardly any veg time and they go right into flower. I don't get it! I've never had this kind of luck.

My Hondurans vegged about a month indoors, then went into the greenhouse in February (they had about 5 weeks of less than 12 hours sunlight per day) and finally showed sex on May 7 (14 hours, 2 minutes daylight) and went into flower when I started bringing them in at night. My other plants went into flower when moved to the GH in February. All 5 of my OTH clones took 6 months to go into flower indoors, majority of that time at 10/14 light schedule.

Maybe someone with more experience can answer that question.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the lovely and inspired Honduras x Panama smoke report SolarLogos :)

Glad the mouth watering creamy, lemony incensey terpenes of the Panama Goddess parental plant are shining in your Honduras x Panama females :huggg:
The Honduras contributes to this hybrid with a blissful feeling, as you perfectly described.
Plenty of growers are enjoying a lot with the outcome, terpenes and effects of Honduras x Panama hybrid
so i'm seriously considering to include this great central american sativa F1 hybrid in our permanent catalog from next year onwards.

Thanks again and happy harvests! :tiphat:

J

jaded1

Cheers Solar,mine will be a lot shorter flowering than your girl.Plant in 2nd pic has already started flowering,She is the tacky branched plant that smells of liver sausage.
Actually ended up with a tiny ball of hash from cleaning out all the lower branches from her.
There's a couple of smh's in there with the nh/p's bro that I hope will stretch a bit more before flower properly kicks in.

SolarLogos

Honduran x Panama #4 harvest

Honduran x Panama #4 harvest

I harvested the clone of HxP#4 today. She went 21 weeks, but also took a few weeks to go into flower. I made an error earlier regarding my light time; it's been at 9.5/14.5 and not 10/14 as I mentioned earlier. This girls smells are woody, floral, vanilla and sweet lemon in the background. She doesn't have any of the minty or menthol like HxP#2.
This girl has the shorter, narrow pointy finger leaves, looking much more Honduran. However, her structure is more panama. Either way, it seems that whichever pheno it is, they both produce large heavy colas.

I will get some pictures of the girls outdoors tomorrow. The HxP OD are really fattening up in the last 2 days, really taking on some size and shape. A few calyxes are turning dark purple on a few of the OD.

I have one more in the flower room, but she looks to have at least 3, maybe 4 more weeks. Her colas will be much larger than the rest by far.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

HxP

HxP

I haven't posted on the OD plants in a while. We are at 10 hours 55 minutes of sunlight today. Temperatures have been in the mid 80's (30C) during the day and lows 50F (10C) at night. Branches are getting heavy and all branches need support. If anyone is considering growing these outdoors, either put them into the ground early or plant them in pots late in the season (end of June here). The reason is, they will outgrow their pots and you will deal with deficiencies and feeding daily. Also, in the ground you will need to trellis them to support the weight of the flowers. In pots, if they get too big, you need to find a way to support the branches.
I have had to tie bamboo to all of the main stocks to hold them up or they will bend completely over and face downwards. These are really heavy. Small branches are tied up for support as well.
Here is #1 in the middle

I will post on #3 next