What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Competition GROW CONTEST WINNER: Noreason gardens

JohnWayne

Looks good! I asked some of your seeds to an italian friend (probably you know him) but all of them had already germinated and i can understand why :woohoo:

:tiphat:

jorgeXXL

Bravo!
Do you have lot of problems with mold? how's your temps and humidity in flower room?
You're a tru pro grower ^^

peace

jorge

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good! I asked some of your seeds to an italian friend (probably you know him) but all of them had already germinated and i can understand why

This should be a good sign...good things last less! I will release both Chocolope F3 and ChocoTonic F1 on the bay, they're awesome!

Bravo!
Do you have lot of problems with mold? how's your temps and humidity in flower room?
You're a tru pro grower ^^

peace

jorge

Thanks J, I often have mold troubles with RDWC plants, where the buds grow enormously and being in a water medium the plants are 24\7 at maximum turgidity, prone to mold.
Growing in soil or coco is different, buds are not so big and if some cola become very big and dense, it's pretty easy to point the airflow from a fan in its direction to prevent condensation.

So yes, I have mold troubles and I try to fight it with moderate success, using a lot of fan, pointing the airflow on the bigger ones, a lot of air re-circulation and if the RH goes over 60% I start a couple of de-humidifier to help.
I started using also a product, adding it to the nutrient solution, that is sodium silicate(abundant on heart - poor in indoor growing mediums). It apports silicon in the plants and it has been proved with studies that plays a role in hardening the cellular walls and other effects that might be positive on mold prevention.

However I dubt mold spore will not germinate using only this prevention. So it's like a war with mold!

Btw....in my life I had only one time powdery mildew and only on a couple of leaves but I have botrytis every run, no way to rid of it even cleaning everything with bleach.

Finally, temperature range vary from 20°C to 25° (measured in shadow and far away from lamps). RH% vary from 55% to 65% usually.

Let's talk about some clones I cut 10\15 days ago. I'm loving root riot, they're a little very very comfy and easy to use. And I love pumice too

picture.php

I give nutrient solution at 0,8 ms/cm and pH around 6. And once a day I water'em from the top, leaving some water on the bottom, where I add some H2O2 once a day to keep away bacteria and algae.

I'm pretty confortable with this cloning method, and pumice will be re-used for many run. It also detach from roots pretty easily.

picture.php

picture.php

I choose to use clear plastic glass to observe roots and their grown, however I'm expecting algae grow in it in some days.

picture.php

picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally I have to show you the difference between roots

picture.php

picture.php

The first one has no hairs, but if you look better you can see them growing.

The second has a lot of hairs.

When the roots is in direct contact with water hairs are not required. This is evident id DWC systems.
When young roots are in contact with air they produce those hairs plausibly for searching water and give a direction to the root tip, like ''hey, go right, water is there''

Another medium I like very much for cloning and rooting young plants is coco, want to know why coco fiber is nice to grow plants? Because roots love it:

picture.php

picture.php

Green vibz people :wave:

jorgeXXL

Thanks J, I often have mold troubles with RDWC plants, where the buds grow enormously and being in a water medium the plants are 24\7 at maximum turgidity, prone to mold.
Growing in soil or coco is different, buds are not so big and if some cola become very big and dense, it's pretty easy to point the airflow from a fan in its direction to prevent condensation.

So yes, I have mold troubles and I try to fight it with moderate success, using a lot of fan, pointing the airflow on the bigger ones, a lot of air re-circulation and if the RH goes over 60% I start a couple of de-humidifier to help.
I started using also a product, adding it to the nutrient solution, that is sodium silicate(abundant on heart - poor in indoor growing mediums). It apports silicon in the plants and it has been proved with studies that plays a role in hardening the cellular walls and other effects that might be positive on mold prevention.

However I dubt mold spore will not germinate using only this prevention. So it's like a war with mold!

Btw....in my life I had only one time powdery mildew and only on a couple of leaves but I have botrytis every run, no way to rid of it even cleaning everything with bleach.

Finally, temperature range vary from 20°C to 25° (measured in shadow and far away from lamps). RH% vary from 55% to 65% usually.

you could try switching to an ebb&flood, wouldn't it be better without roots constantly in the water?
btw do you think in an NFT system the air stone is necessary or just optional? I'm not sure.

oh and, about the chocolope: WOW.

peace

Freeman73

Some master gardener you are,my dear friend Nessuna Ragione.
You constantly try to expand your knowledge,I'm sure you already know you are always a constant inspiration source for all of us,all the Italian community here in this great site.
Thank you for your effort,for your desire to improve yourself.
Sei un mostro!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you could try switching to an ebb&flood, wouldn't it be better without roots constantly in the water?
btw do you think in an NFT system the air stone is necessary or just optional? I'm not sure.

oh and, about the chocolope: WOW.

peace

I already considered a switch to E&F mainly for the medium temperatures troubles, however, I love dwc, and I love more R-DWC and I have already quite experience with this kind of growing systems, so it would a pain in the ass to switch it....but I said....I already considered, and I think it would be my second choice in the hydro world.

About the airstone....yes I think it could help keeping the DO level high. Is it necessary? No, I think not. But for the cost...I would use one. A lot depends on the system too... but for a real answer, one should use a DO tester and see what value the nutritive solution has with and without added oxygen.

Some master gardener you are,my dear friend Nessuna Ragione.
You constantly try to expand your knowledge,I'm sure you already know you are always a constant inspiration source for all of us,all the Italian community here in this great site.
Thank you for your effort,for your desire to improve yourself.
Sei un mostro!

Too kind bro :tiphat:

Some Chocolope F3 buds...around 50 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Green vibz!

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
awesome , the most helpful for me from when i start grow i take from your 3d...no doubt!!!!
also nice shot, keep it UP nor!!!

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fantastic my friend

These are just beautiful!
Exceptional colors!

Many thanks dudes :tiphat:

awesome , the most helpful for me from when i start grow i take from your 3d...no doubt!!!!
also nice shot, keep it UP nor!!!

Believe me man, it's a satisfaction for me to know a lot of people have been encouraged or helped out from my threads :)
From the start one of the most important things for me, was to share the knowledge and let the other people learn and keep sharing their way. That's the way. We have to share for a better understing and because sharing is caring for real bro ;)

Only 3 nominations??? Weird!
Thanks for posting it here btw :) and may the best one wins!

:wave:

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow those are some truly jaw droppingly beautiful plants. much respect noreason!

Thanks bro!

Some new shots from the flowering tent with 2x400W and 11 plants inside (at now) in 6,5 liter pots filled with coco fiber and some perlite.

Tonight the older clones are at 56 days of 12\12. ChocoTonic #4 and Chocolope F1 are almost ready to chop and medium has been flushed.

Really nice view and smell

picture.php

picture.php

The black of the CT#4 makes the growbox spectacular

picture.php

I love this pheno! Ready in 60 days with an awesome smell and a discrete yield....hard black\purple flowers even with high temps. I'm moving forward to make some female seeds out of this mom, it deserves to be grown out from other people!

picture.php

picture.php

Green vibz!

jorgeXXL

The black of the CT#4 makes the growbox spectacular

View Image

I love this pheno! Ready in 60 days with an awesome smell and a discrete yield....hard black\purple flowers even with high temps. I'm moving forward to make some female seeds out of this mom, it deserves to be grown out from other people!

I want one :biggrin::biggrin:

lovekush®

Cannapioneer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow Noreason! The black pheno is very nice.. What is the difference of maturity between the two phenotypes?
Greetings

Latest posts

Latest posts