What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

trip to CHEFCHAOUEN-need tips-

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hi all:tiphat:
im going for holidays chefchaouen morocco in a few dayz and i need some tips from fellas who knows the place..:)
any tips are welcome:thank you:

hom

Veteran
Lovely place. There will be no shortage of people everywhere offering you smoke. Happy days...Expect to pay about 1 euro a gram. Quality is harder to find but with a bit of looking you can pick up some very nice hardulla(mix). Mmmmmm. Morocco. Dont settle for lower grade sandy shiiite.they all have access to the top notch. Or if ya wanted just get a taxi up the mountains an visit the farmers. Brilliant fun and better prices..Not at all dangerous and a great experience.Its like buying spuds in Wexford...

bonni79

Hi I was in Chefchaòuen 2 months ago, beautiful place to go in Morocco for sure...
There are lot of people that ask you if you want hash ( everyone has the best quality , they say :) ) , and they want to show you their farm full of plants .
If you want to take it easy take a room to Hostel Rif for Anyone.
It's a Hostel managed by a Scottish family from 2007 , smoker friendly , and cheap , I smoke with them ,and I easaly purchase 1st quality hash paky/Maroc genetics from them for about 2 Euro / g , that was one of the best hash I have ever smoked. Go to tripadvisor site for more info.
Otherwise you must know the right people , if you want good quality and price , searching in the centre , lot of people offers pollen light pressed of med quality,
the other good way is to go in ketama by taxi to visit the farms

Rinse

Veteran
Hi I was in Chefchaòuen 2 months ago, beautiful place to go in Morocco for sure...
There are lot of people that ask you if you want hash ( everyone has the best quality , they say :) ) , and they want to show you their farm full of plants .
If you want to take it easy take a room to Hostel Rif for Anyone.
It's a Hostel managed by a Scottish family from 2007 , smoker friendly , and cheap , I smoke with them ,and I easaly purchase 1st quality hash paky/Maroc genetics from them for about 2 Euro / g , that was one of the best hash I have ever smoked. Go to tripadvisor site for more info.
Otherwise you must know the right people , if you want good quality and price , searching in the centre , lot of people offers pollen light pressed of med quality,
the other good way is to go in ketama by taxi to visit the farms

How far is Ketama and how much will a taxi cost, cheers.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
110km , 40$ taxi drive that takes around 2hours depending on driving conditions and car.
Be aware local taxi drivers are fearless ;)

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hi fellas...
yesterday i come back home from the trip..nice places and lots of
hash..i have tried many qualities and i found the mexican better..
hardula mix is nice but i dont like it much...moroccan has the better
taste but is light in my head..
not pressed hash,im talking about polms and kief...
and the prices for the best quality that i found was 1,5euro/gramm..
full of crustals,oil and nice head..

i have couple of photos but not many and not from hashes...
it was my first time in morocco and i was a litle bit afraid..
cheers some nice mx

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
I´m glad you had fun.
Bring on those shots ;)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the photos i promised...hash photos on my next travel..
thank ya for the help and the great community that we have here!

ElRubio

Veteran
Thanks to you for the feedback with those pics hehehe...im glad you liked El Moro.

big Ups!

limegreenlimey

My tips: stay at pension Znika (ask for directions from the main square), run by the lovely Nordin. 100% a smokers place but clean, well looked after, hot showers etc Eat - away from the main square. Restarant Chefchaoen on the other side of the kasbah from the main square is worth a visit. If you want an expensive, fancy meal, Casa Hassan is good.

The best hash is neither in Chefchaoen (tourism) nor in Ketama (wholesale). The villages in between are a better bet for quality. Try Bab Taza or Achifane ; you can get a bus to Bab Taza from Chefchaoen easily. Quality at a price in Chefchaoen - certainly don't buy the first stuff you're offered, ask for better. And beware the junkies

Excursions: Akchour and the Devil's bridge/the Parc Talassemtane worth seeign for natural beauty ; the nearest good beach is at Oued Laou (plenty of cheap places to stay there out of season). The coast east from Oued Laou is full of hashy villages! - all the way to Al Hoceima

Buy: wool. Anything wool. The quality is excellent, if you like such things.

dubindam36

My tips: stay at pension Znika (ask for directions from the main square), run by the lovely Nordin. 100% a smokers place but clean, well looked after, hot showers etc Eat - away from the main square. Restarant Chefchaoen on the other side of the kasbah from the main square is worth a visit. If you want an expensive, fancy meal, Casa Hassan is good.

The best hash is neither in Chefchaoen (tourism) nor in Ketama (wholesale). The villages in between are a better bet for quality. Try Bab Taza or Achifane ; you can get a bus to Bab Taza from Chefchaoen easily. Quality at a price in Chefchaoen - certainly don't buy the first stuff you're offered, ask for better. And beware the junkies

Excursions: Akchour and the Devil's bridge/the Parc Talassemtane worth seeign for natural beauty ; the nearest good beach is at Oued Laou (plenty of cheap places to stay there out of season). The coast east from Oued Laou is full of hashy villages! - all the way to Al Hoceima

Buy: wool. Anything wool. The quality is excellent, if you like such things.

hi man.can i ask u about the villages between oued laou and al hoceima can u name some of them?

limegreenlimey

Targha and Stehat. Targha has a campsite on the beach. under the rocks. Good swimming there. Doesn't warm up til end-April/May though - this side of the straights of Gib get the cold water coming in from the Atlantic. Jebha has a couple of proper guest houses and a little fishing port. Don't expect it to be geared up for tourists (unlike Chefchaoen). Until they improved this cost road, very few people at all came down this way (kind of stopped at Oued Laou, where there is a hotel and lots of self catering accommodation). July/August Oued Laou gets busy. The rest of the year it's dead quiet. Most attractive way of getting there is to drive down the Gorge de Oued Laou from just west of Chefchaoen. The gorge is really beautiful and you can stay at a guest house at the turning off for Achtour. Turn east just before Oued Laou (just beyond the Es Sebt market outside Oued Lauo) for Targha. Don't bet on the road form Jebha to Ketama to be passable unless you have a 4x4 but if you can take it, makes a good round trip back through the Rif to Chefchaoen. Nice people, stunning views. Be careful about accepting invitations to visit people's farms: get settled first and venture out with minimal kit and cash else you may be aggressively pressured to buy kilos of hash and then possibly arrested. Take E50 and a crap camera. If it gets hairy, well, you aint got much to lose. Bear in mind that while mostly very nice and friendly, the people up here are mostly poorly educated with, well, ill-informed views about Islam vs Western politics (and some very odd theories), they are desperately poor, have few prospects and little work so, basically, have only their hash and their families. Be respectful and watch yourself.

dubindam36

Targha and Stehat. Targha has a campsite on the beach. under the rocks. Good swimming there. Doesn't warm up til end-April/May though - this side of the straights of Gib get the cold water coming in from the Atlantic. Jebha has a couple of proper guest houses and a little fishing port. Don't expect it to be geared up for tourists (unlike Chefchaoen). Until they improved this cost road, very few people at all came down this way (kind of stopped at Oued Laou, where there is a hotel and lots of self catering accommodation). July/August Oued Laou gets busy. The rest of the year it's dead quiet. Most attractive way of getting there is to drive down the Gorge de Oued Laou from just west of Chefchaoen. The gorge is really beautiful and you can stay at a guest house at the turning off for Achtour. Turn east just before Oued Laou (just beyond the Es Sebt market outside Oued Lauo) for Targha. Don't bet on the road form Jebha to Ketama to be passable unless you have a 4x4 but if you can take it, makes a good round trip back through the Rif to Chefchaoen. Nice people, stunning views. Be careful about accepting invitations to visit people's farms: get settled first and venture out with minimal kit and cash else you may be aggressively pressured to buy kilos of hash and then possibly arrested. Take E50 and a crap camera. If it gets hairy, well, you aint got much to lose. Bear in mind that while mostly very nice and friendly, the people up here are mostly poorly educated with, well, ill-informed views about Islam vs Western politics (and some very odd theories), they are desperately poor, have few prospects and little work so, basically, have only their hash and their families. Be respectful and watch yourself.

:thank you:

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
hello again fellas!
this trip was amazing..the hotel i stayed,the hash i smoked,my friends..And aucource the village..
this time i saw many things,i walked a lot and i made some friends(lol)
i bought a nice almost white moroccan and the same mex that i found the other time...
amazing place with amazing peoples(if you find the good ones)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Man, i really miss Morocco :(
Thanks again tjo.
May we share tea&smoke under a fig tree someday, somewhere in Morocco :)

Latest posts

Latest posts