What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1/3 tincture recipe'?

Mr. Charlie

hey now,
has anyone used a tincture recipe' of a 1/3 alcohol, 1/3 glycerin, and 1/3 purified water mix? My friend uses this recipe for herbal tinctures that she says are done in 2 weeks.
Cheers

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
IMO, glycerin is only usefull in tinctures either as a replacement for alcohol altogether, or to sweeten tinctures to make them more palatable for kids.

Alcohol is a way better solvent...

Mr. Charlie

experimental 1/3 recipe

experimental 1/3 recipe

So I started an experiment... using local 'black' wet buds

1-3/4C of wet "Black" buds cut very finely
1C of 190 proof grain
1C of organic glyceryn
1C of distilled water

All mixed and sealed in a quart fruit jar with plastic wrap under the lid(to keep all metal off of the mixture)

Shake 5 minutes a day and keep it out of the light.

Take it out for a test drive in around 17 days from Jan 26(feb. 13-new moon)
Cheers:dance013:

Mr. Charlie

album.php
album.php
album.php

Now it's getting significantly darker at 26 days in. Starting a new tincture... soon. It feels good so far.

Last edited:

Mr. Charlie

1/3 Tincture recipe RESULTS

1/3 Tincture recipe RESULTS

Okie dokie...

after 6 weeks of daily shaking(5min.) and doing the final straining of the mixture... the results... It is a wonderful, slightly sweet, very effective tincture.:jump:

IMG_0167.JPG

I find the tincture lasts for around 5-6 hours(3 dropper dose), it is uplifting not confusing or stony, it seems to really have healing qualities and puts me in a great mood.

friend review... "I felt a 6 hour duration on that dose. Relaxed yet alert. Nice internal warmth. Thanks."

grumio

If you're going to add water to it, why not just use vodka? Might be a bit cheaper & easier to get than Everclear.

Mr. Charlie

If you're going to add water to it, why not just use vodka? Might be a bit cheaper & easier to get than Everclear.

Good question, all of the recipe's that I have seen recommend brandy or high quality grain alcohol. The more pure the solvent the more effectively it transfers the THC into the liquid medium; therefore, grain is the highest form and that is why I choose to use it.

As far as the water... I would like my tincture to be as low alcohol as possible so that many people can use the medicine without the affects of alcohol or a drunk feel. Thinking of the healing aspects and peoples uses at the office or in normal daily activities(like driving)

This 1/3 recipe was an experiment and it is totally successful with an uplifting vibe and no dull side effects of either feeling too stoned or drunk.:tiphat: