What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The New Amsterdam

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Has anyone been to Mexico since the change in drug laws. If so please do tell of your adventure. Is it being sold in the stores or still on the streets? Whats the quality of the products being sold?

I just watched Narco State on NGC and i wouldn't go down to the boarder if you paid me... it's no longer the "war on drugs", it's just war

I just watched Narco State on NGC and i wouldn't go down to the boarder if you paid me... it's no longer the "war on drugs", it's just war

Last time I went to Mexico was at least 5 years ago and I live in San Diego. 30 miles from the border. Pirate is right, Mexico is not the best place in the world right now. They used to treat you with open arms.

Now......

mexdrugs.jpg

Its just gotten stupid with the Drug Wars. This is everyday in Tijuana.

Agreeing with this statement. Things just seem to get worse and worse by the day, and the gang wars seem to be spilling across the border en masse.

Also, the laws may have changed, but I'm sure the police down there would be more than happy to shake you down for a few bucks.

They will still treat you with open arms. If you don't mind hugging these guys...

ms-13-mexican-gang-los-angeles.jpg

Or paying off one of these guys for getting pulled over for no reason:

101307_police_crackdown11_kY4Hl_18311.jpg

oregon024

Have a brother liver 30 miles from border in NM .He says they all carry guns shit gets broken into.He had a big screen stolen.

lol dont let them scare you . Mexico is not as bad as these guys watch on TV. I just went cross country (Mexico) on my way here to uruguay. And I also stayed and lived with the people of mexico for 2 months. A few years back. No problems none. I dont think u will be seeing any coffee shops or red light district though.

lol dont let them scare you . Mexico is not as bad as these guys watch on TV. I just went cross country (Mexico) on my way here to uruguay. And I also stayed and lived with the people of mexico for 2 months. A few years back. No problems none. I dont think u will be seeing any coffee shops or red light district though.
Judging by your username, I'm guessing you don't exactly look like a tourist?

i went to Guanajuato a couple of years ago and it is in the Mtns. in central Mexico... Not a bad place i would recommend it... It far from the border though and as far as i know its the boarder that is the major problem not the rest of the country

i went to Guanajuato a couple of years ago and it is in the Mtns. in central Mexico... Not a bad place i would recommend it... It far from the border though and as far as i know its the boarder that is the major problem not the rest of the country
Yeah, I've heard this too. As much as I'd be worried about visiting, I'm still tempted and toss the thought around in my head from time to time.

This article inspired me once upon a time:

http://www.digihitch.com/article469.html

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
i shall stick to Amsterdam thanks,,i fit right in with all the other weirdo stonners lol..

keep it green
highlander

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I might still go to Cancun. You aren't going to find me hanging around the border towns. I know a girl whose cousin disappeared and they found his car abandoned. He hasn't been found.

He was probably actively involved in the trade so.....that's the way it is right now. Tragic and very sad. It is a real war zone in some cities.

LMFAO!!! Conno, thanks for the observation. But I'm as white and blue eyed as they come.
I diffenitly look like a tourist walking down any street South of the boarder. If you were to think of a cover for a travel magazine. thats me your poster boy.
maybe these problems do happen near the boarder town but nothing ive come across.
I made sure that when i went i stayed far from tourist spots to feel the real Mexico. Sure do miss those tacos and spicy food too.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
This is just too funny, their not gonna mess with you unless you get in their way or step on their toes so to speak. I know im not going down there to be the next kingpin, so I gots no worries. Is crime gonna keep ya from going to see where Bob Marley lived.......hell no! They say its the most dangerous place on the Jamaican Island, and tourist shouldn't go if they dont need to. Fuck that im still gonna go, and I know all you are too. Same shit, different bowl.

Burt

Veteran
Mexico may well be the promised land folks-don't laugh or be overly scared. Respect the culture and get away from the border towns. try not to look flashy-it brings bad attention and from what I hear, there is real L down there too-water hash, L and tropics? Sign me up:xmasnut:

Gm421

I was in Cancun in Nov. The weed was mostly brick full of seeds.Every cab driver I had offered me weed,coke or whores.
$50-$80usd got you whatever as far as weed goes.
Very shady
About half way into my trip I found a nice spicy sativa.It looked and smoked real nice very energetic:)

Go to Amsterdam Its way better. :smokeit:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
as I suspected, "don't give no bammer weed," a wise man once said. I was really hoping they imported or pulled out the goods that go around. Guess not the new Amsterdam, maybe in time but I can see the cartels trying to move in on the money being made and then their back where they started.

j6p

Avoid the border towns. Cancun is rip-off city. Small cities in the interior are best for a taste of the culture, e.g. San Luis Potosi, Guanajuato, Puebla. Nightly promenades in the city centers are great to get out and meet people. I've traveled extensively around the interior via bus with no problems. Always enjoyed the landscape and people in the southern interior.