What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Marijuana Cooking" book

beesknees

Anyone have a book called "Marijuana Cooking" by Bliss Cameron & Veronica Greene?

I have it and in it there is a recipe for cannabutter.

The author says she usually uses one ounce of marijuana to one pound of butter.

This is where I am confused.

Say I make it using this ratio, then use it for cookies or whatever and I decide it is not potent enough, so I make another batch of cannabutter and use more weed. Does that mean I also have to increase the amount of butter? (i.e. 2 ounces weed to 2 pounds butter) since the THC needs to have enough fat to "attach itself to?"

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone have a book called "Marijuana Cooking" by Bliss Cameron & Veronica Greene?

I have it and in it there is a recipe for cannabutter.

The author says she usually uses one ounce of marijuana to one pound of butter.

This is where I am confused.

Say I make it using this ratio, then use it for cookies or whatever and I decide it is not potent enough, so I make another batch of cannabutter and use more weed. Does that mean I also have to increase the amount of butter? (i.e. 2 ounces weed to 2 pounds butter) since the THC needs to have enough fat to "attach itself to?"

No. Two ounces of weed will also easily go into one pound of butter.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
if you go double on both.. the butter will have same THC %. You must lower the butter quantity or raise the bud quantity to get stronger budder.
I got up to 100 gr. bud (3.53 ounces) for 400 gr. butter (0.88 pounds).. but that's too powerfull.

You could put 2 ounces to 1 pound of butter with no problem.. :wave:

beesknees

No. Two ounces of weed will also easily go into one pound of butter.

if you go double on both.. the butter will have same THC %. You must lower the butter quantity or raise the bud quantity to get stronger budder. You could put 2 ounces to 1 pound of butter with no problem.. :wave:

Thanks for the responses.

So then following that logic, if I used less bud (like a half-ounce instead of an ounce), then I wouldn't have to use 1/2 pound of butter. I could still use 1 pound of butter to a half-ounce of bud, correct?

chris1985

sounds good i think i am going to try this in some butter mmmmmmmmmm im agine this on your crumpets in the morning lol

Saying that though i have not even tried anything with it in apart from space cakes, i know you can make the wine with theleaves as the leaves contain thc as well!

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i use 1 ounce of good trim not the big leaves and 4 sticks simmer 1hr strain let sit in fridge till solid again and make giradelli choclate chip cookies and most of my friends say they aRE to strong but i eat 2 and go about my day stoned as hell

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thanks for the responses.

So then following that logic, if I used less bud (like a half-ounce instead of an ounce), then I wouldn't have to use 1/2 pound of butter. I could still use 1 pound of butter to a half-ounce of bud, correct?

If you use less bud and same quantity of butter, your budder will have less thc in it...

beesknees

If you use less bud and same quantity of butter, your budder will have less thc in it...

Ah okay this makes sense now. I don't bake so it took me a while to understand.

One more question. If you have outdoor weed with lots of stems and seeds in it, do you have to take out the seeds and stems before you use it or can you just throw it in with the seeds and stems?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I'd remove what I can... and leave the rest there. I usually have some stems and some seeds in the green matter, and there's no problem.