What's new

tips / advice for dense rock hard buds ?!?!

drcelticgreen

what are some tips or advice people would give based on my setup and their experience . i get great smell flavor terps etc. but sometimes its hit or miss on solid rock hard nugs . id rate mine based on density 5 - 7 out of 10 on nugs that are rock rock hard .

2 gallon smart pots
8x4 tent
nutes for flower nectar of the gods basic 4 part
terpinator and sweet raw
week 1of flower is 700ppm up by 200ppm till week5 (1400-1500ppm) then 1100 week 6 then plain ro flush last 2 weeks
3 x 600w with hoods air cooled
no co2 great air exchange though
rh stays 40-55% as i have plants at different stages of flower in tent

temps 76-80 lights on ....64-67 lights off with occasional outlier of 3-4 degrees never more than 83-84 lights on never less than 63 ( note temp is taken from a sensor that is literally 6 inches below the last 600 watt light in the string of 3 so the actual canopy temp is probably cooler right ? )

veg time is usually 2-2.5 months. height from top of pot to top of plant is between 30-36 inches when flipped to 12/12
plants are lollipopped to focus all growth into top 18-24 inches of the canopy . canopy to light distance is usually 8-10-14 to top of cola down to 24 inches to bottom bud sites . these distances are kept pretty consistent even thru stretch .

looking for anything people would recommend as far as enviornment not really looking for product hype / recomendations .
thanks for any responses / replies and just taking the time to read all this thannk you

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
#1 IME, rock hard buds are strain dependent - some strains will never deliver the flowers you are looking for

#2 your RH is too low for optimal transpiration - fix this and you should see an increase in yield and quality

#3 research your strains and take all necessary measures to reduce stretch

#4 Google vapor pressure deficit chart and figure out how high you can sustain RH in your grow space. Keep the RH as high on the chart as possible in veg and early flower. Reduce during late flower/harvest to avoid bud rot. This may be a trial and error process and will also be strain dependent.

Wish I could be more specific for you but there are so many variables to consider, this is where I would start.

drcelticgreen

#1 IME, rock hard buds are strain dependent - some strains will never deliver the flowers you are looking for

#2 your RH is too low for optimal transpiration - fix this and you should see an increase in yield and quality

#3 research your strains and take all necessary measures to reduce stretch

#4 Google vapor pressure deficit chart and figure out how high you can sustain RH in your grow space. Keep the RH as high on the chart as possible in veg and early flower. Reduce during late flower/harvest to avoid bud rot. This may be a trial and error process and will also be strain dependent.

Wish I could be more specific for you but there are so many variables to consider, this is where I would start.
cool thank you much appreciated

N

noyd666

picture.php

funkybud

what are some tips or advice people would give based on my setup and their experience . i get great smell flavor terps etc. but sometimes its hit or miss on solid rock hard nugs . id rate mine based on density 5 - 7 out of 10 on nugs that are rock rock hard .

2 gallon smart pots
8x4 tent
nutes for flower nectar of the gods basic 4 part
terpinator and sweet raw
week 1of flower is 700ppm up by 200ppm till week5 (1400-1500ppm) then 1100 week 6 then plain ro flush last 2 weeks
3 x 600w with hoods air cooled
no co2 great air exchange though
rh stays 40-55% as i have plants at different stages of flower in tent

temps 76-80 lights on ....64-67 lights off with occasional outlier of 3-4 degrees never more than 83-84 lights on never less than 63 ( note temp is taken from a sensor that is literally 6 inches below the last 600 watt light in the string of 3 so the actual canopy temp is probably cooler right ? )

veg time is usually 2-2.5 months. height from top of pot to top of plant is between 30-36 inches when flipped to 12/12
plants are lollipopped to focus all growth into top 18-24 inches of the canopy . canopy to light distance is usually 8-10-14 to top of cola down to 24 inches to bottom bud sites . these distances are kept pretty consistent even thru stretch .

looking for anything people would recommend as far as enviornment not really looking for product hype / recomendations .
thanks for any responses / replies and just taking the time to read all this thannk you
I do not see a strain or pheno that you are growing?

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
what strain are you running? because unless you're only talking about 1 strain my #1 suggestion on getting rock hard buds is go find a strain that makes rock hard buds.

this ain't magic.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Having high enough Ca along with high K and P. Important to have all your micros dialed in for sure, but with out high Ca the road is closed.

B4URTIME

The leading cause of airy nugs is people harvesting their plants before they actually mature lol.

Some strains will never get rock hard, but no strains gonna get very dense if you don't grow it to maturity. So I would start by insuring your plants are healthy and robust, and grown to maturity after that it's all strain dependent.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
The leading cause of airy nugs is people harvesting their plants before they actually mature lol.

Some strains will never get rock hard, but no strains gonna get very dense if you don't grow it to maturity. So I would start by insuring your plants are healthy and robust, and grown to maturity after that it's all strain dependent.

yep still do this with new strains...looks done..chop dry...airy... fuck shoulda let it go a couple more weeks...