What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hermaphrodite seeds good or bad?

I got 30-40 Blue Chocolate Thai seeds from a friend of mine but they were from a hermie plant are these still good to use or is there a good chance thy will come out hermies too? I don't know if it was genetic hermie or due to stress not sure if that matters.

corky1968

Veteran
Normally hermies = more hermies.

That's why most people will destroy them on sight.

Thai plant are known to produce hermies at the slightest stress though.

Grow them out and hope for the best.

Anything can happen.

Good Luck.

Thanks I got a few 2 weeks in soil hoping for the best if these come out good then I can figure out what to do with the rest

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
good enough to sell for $20 a seed @ your local seed shop.

they're not hermaphrodite beans. we like the term feminised.

corky1968

Veteran
It's time for some cosmetic cannabis surgery:

Get the old scalpel out and cut those balls off and you may end up with unseeded buds.

:)

DemonTrich

Veteran
good enough to sell for $20 a seed @ your local seed shop.

they're not hermaphrodite beans. we like the term feminised.

Your saying hermie seeds are feminized seeds? Fem.seeds are made by pollinating a bud site, then hitting it with CS. From my understanding.

rockymountainJ

Your saying hermie seeds are feminized seeds? Fem.seeds are made by pollinating a bud site, then hitting it with CS. From my understanding.

Your half right.... the CS part sprayed on female in early flower will produce male flowers after a few weeks treatment.... then the pollen from those forced females is then used to pollinate another female.... can be done due to stress and length of flower.... they think they're gonna die and send a last hurrah pollen sack.. Cheers all

dezman

Intersexed plants can be quite potent. Though they are a pain in the ass and ruin your sinsemilla crop.
If you are growing guerrilla just dont use them, as the chances of intersexed offspring are high.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
i would STRONGLY recommend you invest $40 in a bottle of dutchmaster's reverse. i grow all kind of hermie prone cuts and i've never had more the 4-5 seeds in a lb of dried bud. little phantoms as i call them. hit'm with the reverse as directed on label and they'll still be no problems. on a couple of my cookie crosses, i was hoping for a phantom seed or 2.

DemonTrich

Veteran
Reverse was pulled about 1yr ago or more. New snake oil.is on the market, optic foliar switch. Another garbage spray that doesn't work. I have 3 bottle of this shit for FREE if anyone wants it. Does NOT work.

Sorceror

1 of my Face-off bx2 popped lower nanners from a light leak I had and I ran 12 seeds from them, 11 females 1 male. I did not see intersex traits on any of the offspring so far but I could have got lucky?

rykus

If it was an obvious tress situation then usually they are just slightly more prone IMO, but I have seen full on hemaphrodite varieties that are impossible to grow, the bud had males all in it though and little green seed right away, was easy to spot...

Just do a test and be on them. It takes a good whole male branch to really seed up your crop unless your not paying attention...

jedi5891

It all depends on weather the pollen was a result from stress or the plant was an intersex plant with both male and female genes. If the later then the seeds will be of 50/50 hermie. If the pollen was a result from stress and the plant kicked out a few Nana's. Then there's a good chance that they'd be ok.
Good luck

Thanks everyone they're doing pretty good at the moment planted 10 of them may 8 put them into 3 gallons on May 22nd. The mix I'm using is 2:1 ocean forest to light warrior with some leftover Malibu compost, outdoor only 1 runt that's about 6" while the rest are 12"-16"

igrowone

Veteran
Update: 6 out of the 10 are female 2 are male and 2 aren't quite showing yet so far the outcome seems like a pretty good ratio

take a little risk, get a reward(sometimes)
glad it's looking good, i've grown out a batch of hermie seeds
5/10 femmes, no worse than regular seeds in my experience