What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new Cali med laws for dummies - or why you are done growing next year

Sunfire

Veteran
Kelly decision is old now and can only be cited in criminal law, not civil. Atleast that's what the lawyers told me when I freaked out about it.

HL45

Veteran
Nice thread chunky, imo it's gonna be like beer a whole bunch of bud light and pbr.... microbrewerys do have a chance and so will smaller growers with a good consistent unique product.

Prices are gonna go up to start and may stay up with all the major medical production getting shutdown and fees associated with actually getting a license. I don't see why prices would drop.

I have heard time and time again that the corporate weed in Colorado sux and I have heard the same in Washington. I won't be surprised to hear the same,about cali.

I have heard time and time again that the corporate weed in Colorado sux and I have heard the same in Washington. I won't be surprised to hear the same,about cali.

I can verify the corporate weed in CO does indeed suck. Im not bashing CO growers. Obviously there is good bud grown there, but that stuff reaches very few...

The cheap, crappy weed from CO, that only looks good in the bag, is what is driving down prices all over the midwest and Dirty South (why pay 2800 for the Cali when the CO that looks almost as good is going for 2400)

That stuff is blowing up the black markets East of CO. Seen it first hand. With all the regs in CO etc. hundreds of pounds a day are still leaving the state...

And by the way, as to the title of the thread "why you are done growing next year", that may be right if you have never grown outside Cali, don't understand other markets, or just think this is the be all end all.

I can assure you that many will just go back to playing the game on home turf in non Med states and do just fine.

Picarus

I think there is a lot of fear mongering going on here. There are some who will be affected, but again who didn't see these regs coming? Rec was on schedule for 2016 regardless of this . The state is getting out in front of legalization so they will be prepared with hands open to funnel the money. Most of you who are most worried have until the regulatory committees start auditing the state to see what is coming from where before you have anything to worry about. In the meantime I would expect less and less funding going towards pot busts.
If you are serious about this as a career you should make good contacts and a resume, or a business plan. There will be investors lining up once banking regs are established, and even sooner. You must buy a facility or be completely upfront with the landlord as they will have to sign off on wholesale production.
I think this will drive some black market activity to continue but those teetering between black and white markets will have to decide a path. In the meantime prices should increase for good wholesalers with a consistent, quality product. Paycheck, insurance, and yes taxes.

sureshot66

Veteran
where did she source her information?

without asking her im assuming its from all of the documentation contained in these props, shes a very well known and respected mmj lawyer in LA, shes going to give a seminar regarding all of this soon ill report what i learn

without asking her im assuming its from all of the documentation contained in these props, shes a very well known and respected mmj lawyer in LA, shes going to give a seminar regarding all of this soon ill report what i learn

whats the dilution rate though. how much of what she knows does she share and how much of it do you remember? i used male and female lawyers and had male and female judges lol and imo most of what they told me depended on there mood.

sureshot66

Veteran
whats the dilution rate though. how much of what she knows does she share and how much of it do you remember? i used male and female lawyers and had male and female judges lol and imo most of what they told me depended on there mood.

she was taking care of her kids and we only spoke for a couple of minutes, i will be going by her house soon to find out more google lasdopesdtattorney

Sunfire

Veteran
I think there is a lot of fear mongering going on here. There are some who will be affected, but again who didn't see these regs coming? Rec was on schedule for 2016 regardless of this . The state is getting out in front of legalization so they will be prepared with hands open to funnel the money. Most of you who are most worried have until the regulatory committees start auditing the state to see what is coming from where before you have anything to worry about. In the meantime I would expect less and less funding going towards pot busts.
If you are serious about this as a career you should make good contacts and a resume, or a business plan. There will be investors lining up once banking regs are established, and even sooner. You must buy a facility or be completely upfront with the landlord as they will have to sign off on wholesale production.
I think this will drive some black market activity to continue but those teetering between black and white markets will have to decide a path. In the meantime prices should increase for good wholesalers with a consistent, quality product. Paycheck, insurance, and yes taxes.

D'Angelo is back peddling after he seemed to get what he wanted out of these bills, that should be payed attention to especially with his multi-year court case with the feds and 280e

Hezekiah Allen, head of the EGA turned out to be a land owner of one of the properties in the island mountain raids, and he helped write these bills. He's walking around Scott free I saw him with my own eyes at the capital two weeks ago. That should be payed attention to when some one owns a property that was busted with 1000 plants on it and is still acting as an unregistered lobbyist.

Dan rush, of reformca (not mickey ' s .org site, they are the ones he's fucking with by doing .org as opposed to their .com) was recently federally indicted on a slew of charges, including accepting bribes, after his attorney teerbeek rolled on him. He's also walking around free as a bird. That should be payed attention to.

then there's don Duncan, also of reformca and asa, well, he's just as bad as dan rush.

then there's the crazy measure D switcheroo in LA.

now there's fish and game that get to make up whatever charges and fines they want.

oh and don't forget about the central water board getting in on it too.

there's a lot to be concerned about, especially considering the politicians probably know more about 2016 than yourself, or myself.

they arnt trying to get out ahead of anything. This was a huge false flag operation. No one can comply with 266, 243 is just insanse, and 643 Is such an over reach its laughable. You best believe they knew this and they know we will file an injunction and sue. Come on seriously, they arnt that dumb they have seasoned lawyers and consultants too and this is their game with their rules on their turf.

There's a much bigger picture to be seen here, I don't know what yet exactly but I'm sure the CARERS act has something to do with it.

Start making resumes if you want but it might be best to plant your gardens, sign some qualification petitions for CSAA and either MCLR or CCHI, and start getting ready to see the bigger picture unveiled from the feds as they move to schedule 2 and only legal and licensed pharmaceutical companies will be able to handle it.

think anything that I just said was fear mongering? Well I provided names and events, start looking it up, it's ALL true.

dddaver

Veteran
This all is WAY too complicated and just a political wet dream. While I see home grows and med grows flourishing by all this, I think Cali is shooting themselves in the foot and actually supporting the black market.

Get real. Only 23 states even have med at this point. Firing off this crap is jumping the gun a little. Typical Cali mind set, they have done this over and over for years.

But MJ won't be the biggest cash crop in CA for many more years. Most cash croppers have been had to on the other side of johnny law for years, they are used to it. They will just move their operations somewhere else, Maine or Michigan, or even Texas rather than deal with all this shit.

Bottom line, the big growers will NOT succumb to lowering there profits. Even if they stay in CA, the big boys will make more money by being black market than playing this stupid game.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
These new laws will rejuvenate the black market in a big big way, rejuvenate the push for legalization initiatives in 2016, and piss people off so that they vote for legalization to the max. And these new laws will be tied up in court anyway.

As far as clamping down on physicians, the voters already had their say;

From Prop. 215

Section 1. Section 11362.5 is added to the California Health and Safety Code, to read:
11362.5. (a) This section shall be known and may be cited as the Compassionate Use Act of 1996.
(b) (1) The people of the State of California hereby find and declare that the purposes of the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 are as follows:
(2)(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no physician in this state shall be punished, or denied any right or privilege, for having recommended marijuana to a patient for medical purposes.

Picarus

D'Angelo is back peddling after he seemed to get what he wanted out of these bills, that should be payed attention to especially with his multi-year court case with the feds and 280e

Hezekiah Allen, head of the EGA turned out to be a land owner of one of the properties in the island mountain raids, and he helped write these bills. He's walking around Scott free I saw him with my own eyes at the capital two weeks ago. That should be payed attention to when some one owns a property that was busted with 1000 plants on it and is still acting as an unregistered lobbyist.

Dan rush, of reformca (not mickey ' s .org site, they are the ones he's fucking with by doing .org as opposed to their .com) was recently federally indicted on a slew of charges, including accepting bribes, after his attorney teerbeek rolled on him. He's also walking around free as a bird. That should be payed attention to.

then there's don Duncan, also of reformca and asa, well, he's just as bad as dan rush.

then there's the crazy measure D switcheroo in LA.

now there's fish and game that get to make up whatever charges and fines they want.

oh and don't forget about the central water board getting in on it too.

there's a lot to be concerned about, especially considering the politicians probably know more about 2016 than yourself, or myself.

they arnt trying to get out ahead of anything. This was a huge false flag operation. No one can comply with 266, 243 is just insanse, and 643 Is such an over reach its laughable. You best believe they knew this and they know we will file an injunction and sue. Come on seriously, they arnt that dumb they have seasoned lawyers and consultants too and this is their game with their rules on their turf.

There's a much bigger picture to be seen here, I don't know what yet exactly but I'm sure the CARERS act has something to do with it.

Start making resumes if you want but it might be best to plant your gardens, sign some qualification petitions for CSAA and either MCLR or CCHI, and start getting ready to see the bigger picture unveiled from the feds as they move to schedule 2 and only legal and licensed pharmaceutical companies will be able to handle it.

think anything that I just said was fear mongering? Well I provided names and events, start looking it up, it's ALL true.

I don't understand what you are saying here. All policy makers are bad people? Take a look at congress. Most of those writing policy are the same. What about any of this is shocking? Who is so worried and why? I think I am missing something here.

Latest posts

Latest posts